HTC Announces the HTC 10

DocSwag

I kinda like the design. If only it has W10M like the old M8.

6 hours ago, suicidalfranco said:

yeah, that one

6 hours ago, atrash said:

You mean Airplay? not ApplePay..

Ohh that's makes more sense

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

9 hours ago, kurahk7 said:

1440p is a minimum requirement for VR. 

VR on phones? You mean 360 videos + cardboard? Meh

On a mote of dust, suspended in a sunbeam

16 hours ago, TheOrdix said:

Yay, and there is again a phone with a giant screen so noone can use it one handed. Great

Giant? I was hoping for 5.5" to be honest.

Laptop: Asus GA502DU

RAM: 16GB DDR4 | CPU: Ryzen 3750H | GPU: GTX 1660ti

Sounds pretty promising. I am glad that they went back to using OIS on the camera, plus big pixels. Other than that it does not seem to be anything special though. It ticks all the boxes I expect from a 2016 flagship phone, but not a single box more.

4 hours ago, AluminiumTech said:

Apple has been using Low Power DDR4 since October 2015

And Samsung since March 2015.

Hell, even the HTC One M9 had it and that was also released in March 2015.

8 minutes ago, LAwLz said:

Sounds pretty promising. I am glad that they went back to using OIS on the camera, plus big pixels. Other than that it does not seem to be anything special though. It ticks all the boxes I expect from a 2016 flagship phone, but not a single box more.

To be honest, I like it better than the LG G5. LG G5 seems to be trying too hard to be cool and innovative with that whole modular design thing (which apparently isn't even done that well).

I'll be waiting for reviews to see how good it is, but early impressions seem very promising. HTC needs a solid device to bring them back into relevance in the smartphone market, especially after the One M9. I'm hoping it's this.

Only one more machining process from the M7 for this HTC10 design. Yerk.

Still got my M7, not gonna change it soon I guess.

CPU: i7 4790K | MB: Asus Z97-A | RAM: 32Go Hyper X Fury 1866MHz | GPU's: GTX 1080Ti | PSU: Corsair AX 850 | Storage: Vertex 3, 2x Sandisk Ultra II,Velociraptor | Case : Corsair Air 540

Mice: Steelseries Rival | KB: Corsair K70 RGB | Headset: Steelseries H wireless

Ticks most boxes but sadly it uses eMMC for storage. They should have gone with UFS. Especially considering the fact it supports USB 3.1. This means data transfers over USB might be severely bottlenecked by the internal storage. 

So close, HTC... 

4 hours ago, huilun02 said:

But is battery removable? 

no

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

Am I the only one slightly confused about HTC's naming scheme year to year?

The HTC One released in 2013.

In 2014, HTC released the One M8, and everyone started calling the previous phone the M7.

The One M9 didn't change the nomenclature, but yet again, it didn't really change anything about the phone either.

And now we have the HTC 10. Not M10, not One M10, just 10.

Seriously HTC, once you come up with a flagship lineup, don't change its name every damn year.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

13 minutes ago, Trixanity said:

Ticks most boxes but sadly it uses eMMC for storage. They should have gone with UFS. Especially considering the fact it supports USB 3.1. This means data transfers over USB might be severely bottlenecked by the internal storage. 

So close, HTC... 

The only reason Apple can do it is because they design their chips. It needs a custom super duper PCI-E controller  in order to do it. COs Arm only support eMMC natively. You need to custom build CPUs if you want anything else.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

10 minutes ago, AluminiumTech said:

The only reason Apple can do it is because they design their chips. It needs a custom super duper PCI-E controller  in order to do it. COs Arm only support eMMC natively. You need to custom build CPUs if you want anything else.

He is talking about UFS, not the PCIe stuff the iPhone uses. UFS has been supported on Snapdragon chips since the 805.

i find the airplay support a weird but useful feature since i have a airport network at home maybe this will be my new android phone 

I lurk a lot

I'm just really, really hoping this new speaker setup is just as good as boomsound

THE BEAST Motherboard: MSI B350 Tomahawk   CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 1700   GPU: Sapphire R9 290 Tri-X OC  RAM: 16GB G.Skill FlareX DDR4   

PSU: Corsair CX650M     Case: Corsair 200R    SSD: Kingston 240GB SSD Plus   HDD: 1TB WD Green Drive and Seagate Barracuda 2TB Media Drive

10 hours ago, Nineshadow said:

In 2014, HTC released the One M8, and everyone started calling the previous phone the M7.

The One M9 didn't change the nomenclature, but yet again, it didn't really change anything about the phone either.

Seriously HTC, once you come up with a flagship lineup, don't change its name every damn year.

Yea never understood the names either, honestly HTC One (M7), HTC One M8, HTC One M9 and then HTC 10? linearity is not a thing this year apparently.

12 minutes ago, Elementtt said:

Yea never understood the names either, honestly HTC One (M7), HTC One M8, HTC One M9 and then HTC 10? linearity is not a thing this year apparently.

It's about marketing. You change your branding if it doesn't work. HTC's sales have been lackluster so they try to shake things up and renew interest. Samsung and Apple don't change theirs unless a product fails such as the iPhone 5c. If the brand works, the continuity will be kept, otherwise things get shuffled around like with HTC or even Sony and their retirement of the Z line of phones and X being launched in its place. 

43 minutes ago, Trixanity said:

It's about marketing. You change your branding if it doesn't work. HTC's sales have been lackluster so they try to shake things up and renew interest. Samsung and Apple don't change theirs unless a product fails such as the iPhone 5c. If the brand works, the continuity will be kept, otherwise things get shuffled around like with HTC or even Sony and their retirement of the Z line of phones and X being launched in its place. 

tbh I think it also confuses people even more when you change the branding :D so it might help but it also kind of hurts it at the same time.

Make sure to quote me or tag me when responding to me, or I might not know you replied! Examples:

Do this:

And make sure you do it by hitting the quote button at the bottom left of my post, and not the one inside the editor!

Or this:

@DocSwag

Buy whatever product is best for you, not what product is "best" for the market.

Interested in computer architecture? Still in middle or high school? P.M. me!

I love computer hardware and feel free to ask me anything about that (or phones). I especially like SSDs. But please do not ask me anything about Networking, programming, command line stuff, or any relatively hard software stuff. I know next to nothing about that.

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 6700k, CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3, Motherboard: MSI Z170a KRAIT GAMING, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 4x4gb DDR4-2666 MHz, Storage: SanDisk SSD Plus 240gb + OCZ Vertex 180 480 GB + Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM, Video Card: EVGA GTX 970 SSC, Case: Fractal Design Define S, Power Supply: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 650w Yay, Keyboard: Logitech G710+, Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum, Headphones: B&O H9i, Monitor: LG 29um67 (2560x1080 75hz freesync)

Home Server:

Spoiler

CPU: Pentium G4400, CPU Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: MSI h110l Pro Mini AC, RAM: Hyper X Fury DDR4 1x8gb 2133 MHz, Storage: PNY CS1311 120gb SSD + two Segate 4tb HDDs in RAID 1, Video Card: Does Intel Integrated Graphics count?, Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Power Supply: Seasonic 360w 80+ Gold, Keyboard+Mouse+Monitor: Does it matter?

Laptop (I use it for school):

Spoiler

Surface book 2 13" with an i7 8650u, 8gb RAM, 256 GB storage, and a GTX 1050

And if you're curious (or a stalker) I have a Just Black Pixel 2 XL 64gb

45 minutes ago, DocSwag said:

tbh I think it also confuses people even more when you change the branding :D so it might help but it also kind of hurts it at the same time.

I agree. That's one of the reasons why good marketing is difficult. 

I guess HTC deemed the One brand to have lost its value to the point where they needed to change it along side the design (somewhat) to distance itself from previous blunders. 

I wish it still had the two front facing speakers, but the phone does sound really good. Maybe I'll have to get it later this year.

16 hours ago, Nineshadow said:

Honestly, they shot themselves in the foot by calling it the HTC One. HTC One M8 is better than HTC One 2 imo.

If they were going to remove the "One" branding, they should've just introduced a new name for the flagship line. One that didn't make iteration naming overly complicated/stupid.

Anime Addict | Gamer | Tennis Player | Software Developer | My Outdated Beauty