Corsair Extends Select PSU Warranties to 10 Years

So Corsair just extended their AXi, HXi, RMi, and RMx series PSU to have 10 year warranties to compete with EVGA.

Corsair is escalating its battle with EVGA by increasing the warranties on all of its high-end PSU lines from 7 years to 10 years. So far, EVGA is the only company to provide a 10-year warranty to select (high-end) models, and apparently Corsair didn't want to let that stand uncontested any longer. Perhaps we'll soon see other companies follow suit.

The following PSU lines are included into this warranty extension program, effective immediately.

• AXi Series (7 ->10 years)
  • HXi Series (7 -> 10 years)
  • RMi Series (7 -> 10 years)
  • RMx Series (7 -> 10 years)

Read more here: http://www.tomshardware.com/news/corsair-extended-psu-warranties-10,31576.html

I for one think this a great step, and it's even better that you don't have to do anything to get the extended warranty!

Sergeant, United States Marine Corps

Network Administrator, Comptia A+, Security+, Cisco Certified Networking Associate

From a G3258 to dual Xeon E5-2670's

3 minutes ago, Jacktastic-Mofo said:

So Corsair just extended their AXi, HXi, RMi, and RMx series PSU to have 10 year warranties to compete with EVGA.

Read more here: http://www.tomshardware.com/news/corsair-extended-psu-warranties-10,31576.html

I for one think this a great step, and it's even better that you don't have to do anything to get the extended warranty!

I think it's fairly good because a (good) power supply should last you through several rigs

2 minutes ago, connorpiper said:

Corsairs RMA is the best RMA system that I have used. Though I have never had an EVGA product break or stop working. 

Speaking from personal experience, EVGA learned from PC Power & Cooling how to do customer service. That is to say, you would be incredibly hard-pressed to find better.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

does the warranty covered the HW damaged if/when the PSU fails?! no -_-

then what's the point of 10y warranty? it's like putting warranty on a landmine you just planted

it's like LianLi, a established case manufacturer, going into the PSU business

even with their new warranty plans, I will still buy SeaSonic PSU - at least they're the OEMs

1 minute ago, zMeul said:

then what's the point of 10y warranty? it's like putting warranty on a landmine you just planted

Actually, considering that they do so for their AiOs, I wouldn't put it past them if it damaged your PC. But considering that these PSUs are of far more rigorous quality control than their AiOs because they can have them, it wouldn't surprise me if they didn't cover damages.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

High quality PSUs should have proper safety circuits and spark gaps to prevent overload when the PSU fails. 

5800X3D - RTX 4070 - 2K @ 165Hz

Just now, connorpiper said:

High quality PSUs should have proper safety circuits and spark gaps to prevent overload when the PSU fails. 

My psu doesn't even have a fan bigger than 5cm....

Oh and did I mention it's louder than my whole computer?

Well, now you're reading this, I might as well inspire you with a deep quote

If you fall, I'll be there

- Floor

so inspiring, so deep, the feels ;-;  THE FEELS ;-;

Newer Build which I'm gonna buy when I haz moneyz

CPU: Intel Core i5-4440 3.1GHz Quad-Core Processor  (£0.00)
CPU Cooler: be quiet! PURE ROCK 51.7 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  (£25.98 @ Novatech)
Motherboard: MSI B85-G43 GAMING ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  (£78.10 @ Amazon UK)
Memory: Kingston HyperX FURY 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  (£0.00)
Memory: Kingston HyperX FURY 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  (£29.76 @ Ebuyer)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  (£0.00)
Video Card: MSI Radeon R9 380 4GB Video Card  (£179.99 @ Amazon UK)
Case: Corsair 780T ATX Full Tower Case  (£149.99 @ Amazon UK)
Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA G2 550W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  (£70.97 @ Amazon UK)
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer  (Purchased For £0.00)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 OEM (64-bit)  (£59.00 @ Amazon UK)
Wireless Network Adapter: TP-Link TL-WDN4800 802.11a/b/g/n PCI-Express x1 Wi-Fi Adapter  (£24.99 @ Amazon UK)
Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard  (£184.99 @ Amazon UK)
Total: £803.77

somethings says '£0.00' because I already bought them

probably best remix out there

If I follow you, consider your self lucky, I rarely follow people and when I do it's either because

1) I look up to you

2)I like your picture

3) Or you have an epic ass rig (40 titan x's 9 6700k's clocked at 29GHz that is what I call a epic ass rig, but no one has that soo...)

3 minutes ago, patrickjp93 said:

Speaking from personal experience, EVGA learned from PC Power & Cooling how to do customer service. That is to say, you would be incredibly hard-pressed to find better.

I have also yet to find out how good the Dell PixelPerfect warranty is. Everyone says "EVGA good".

But all my Dell monitors continue working. 

1 minute ago, connorpiper said:

if those failsafes would actually work, there would not be "burned" HW related to failed PSUs .. so no, safety circuits won't protect you

Oh because my psu doesn't have an 'I" in it I don't get an extended warranty :dry: literally the only difference is corsair link support which allows power drawl monitoring that is just more component that can go bad.   

4 minutes ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

Actually, considering that they do so for their AiOs, I wouldn't put it past them if it damaged your PC. But considering that these PSUs are of far more rigorous quality control than their AiOs because they can have them, it wouldn't surprise me if they didn't cover damages.

http://www.corsair.com/en-us/support/warranty

check their warranty, it's extremely vague

Just now, zMeul said:

if those failsafes would actually work, there would not be "burned" HW related to failed PSUs .. so no, safety circuits won't protect you

Is their enough evidence of EVGA G2+ PSUs failing and killing components? I have never seen it. 

1 minute ago, LeapFrogMasterRace said:

Oh because my psu doesn't have an 'I" in it I don't get an extended warranty :dry: literally the only difference is corsair link comparability which allows power drawl monitoring that is just more component that can go bad.   

Actually the RM and RMi are very different internally. The RMi uses much higher quality components. 

Just now, connorpiper said:

Actually the RM and RMi are very different internally. The RMi uses much higher quality components. 

I should have specified I have the AX 760

3 minutes ago, connorpiper said:

Is their enough evidence of EVGA G2+ PSUs failing and killing components? I have never seen it. 

it's not about evidence or the lack of there of

protection circuits only kick in in a limited number of situations, they are not 100% failsafe

the problem I have with non-OEMs, like Corsair here, is that they modify the original platform thus going out of spec

Delta is the biggest and best OEM PSU manufacturer, do their PSUs fail? yes they do

5 minutes ago, LeapFrogMasterRace said:

I should have specified I have the AX 760

Spark gaps and breakers are passive and trip/function when overloaded. There is no way they cannot work. 

Unless the breaker fails and the spark gap was not made properly, then you are unlucky or have a PSU made from idiots. 

7 minutes ago, zMeul said:

protection circuits only kick in in a limited number of situations, they are not 100% failsafe

the problem I have with non-OEMs, like Corsair here, is that they modify the original platform thus going out of spec

Huh?

Yes, Corsair usually does modify their platforms.

However, Corsair usually modifies them for a specific reason. Out of spec is being used in what context here?

6 minutes ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

Huh?

Yes, Corsair usually does modify their platforms.

However, Corsair usually modifies them for a specific reason. Out of spec is being used in what context here?

it's not their platform, it someone else's

Corsair doesn't make PSUs, they buy OEM platforms and mod them with other than original spec sheet components, and not only

there are some vendors that buy OEMs and just rebadges them, I think EVGA is one of them .. not sure

Chieftec, for example, dunno if they still do - they rebadge Delta PSUs; as Delta doesn't sell to the end-user directly

Corsair doesn't make PSUs, they buy OEM platforms and mod them with other than original spec sheet components, and not only

I know they don't make the PSUs. I kinda used "their" as a more generalized term for "the OEM's".

9 hours ago, zMeul said:

there are some vendors that buy OEMs and just rebadges them, I think EVGA is one of them .. not sure

Chieftec, for example, dunno if they still do - they rebadge Delta PSUs; as Delta doesn't sell to the end-user directly

I believe modifications are made by the OEM themselves as Corsair has zero manufacturing capabilities. Corsair makes literally 0% of what they sell. It's all from an OEM.

Also, you need to actually provide proof of there being a verifiable problem before claiming it's a major issue. Screaming doom and gloom is stupid with no actual EVIDENCE to back up your worries.

Rubbish! Why the AXi has the extension, while the non "i" AX version doesn't get the same treatment?

Getting more and more disappointed with Corsair.

for some odd reason my original reply to this post doesn't exist anymore, so I'll write it again

2 hours ago, Derangel said:

I believe modifications are made by the OEM themselves as Corsair has zero manufacturing capabilities. Corsair makes literally 0% of what they sell. It's all from an OEM.

even if Corsair doesn't have manufacturing capabilities themselves, that doesn't mean it's an OEM mod

Corsair uses a lot of platforms from different OEMs, and the mods Corsair makes to these PSUs are not reflected on the original product platforms from the OEMs - they only exist in Corsair's units

from what I could find, Corsair mods are handled by Flextronix - Flextronix isn't a PSU OEM, they're just offering manufacturing services

---

as for the "doom and gloom" as you call it, most of Corsair's PSU are on Channel Well platforms - and this OEM is not a very good PSU manufacturer, they only regarded as good just because Corsair uses them

just look at the other vendors' PSUs  that use CWT's platforms .. not good - sloppy manufacturing, questionable choice of components, etc

11 hours ago, connorpiper said:

I have also yet to find out how good the Dell PixelPerfect warranty is. Everyone says "EVGA good".

But all my Dell monitors continue working. 

monitors, ram, cpu don't brake...

CPU: Intel i7 5820K @ 4.20 GHz | MotherboardMSI X99S SLI PLUS | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 @ 2666MHz | GPU: Sapphire R9 Fury (x2 CrossFire)
Storage: Samsung 950Pro 512GB // OCZ Vector150 240GB // Seagate 1TB | PSU: Seasonic 1050 Snow Silent | Case: NZXT H440 | Cooling: Nepton 240M
FireStrike // Extreme // Ultra // 8K // 16K