Apple's used iphones to push into Indian market backlash.

Ridska

I wonder what iPad Rehab has to say about this, considering that Apple is known to refurbished phones with junk logic boards.

Your resident osu! player, destroyer of keyboards.

Reuse is always better than recycling for every phone that gets a new lease on life it means an other phone does not have to be produced. While it might seem odd and bashing apple is a favorite past time of many including myself, but this is a sensible move, I just wish they would do it in more places.

Until than I use this argument a lot at work when I find things in the recycling bins I can use or fix up, that way I can take it home for free and make sure it gets used again.

Anyhow still would not buy an Iphone ever, cannot work with apple devices they drive me nuts.

"Hope, what a concept." - Deunan Knute

1 hour ago, Carde said:

Reuse is always better than recycling for every phone that gets a new lease on life it means an other phone does not have to be produced. While it might seem odd and bashing apple is a favorite past time of many including myself, but this is a sensible move, I just wish they would do it in more places.

Until than I use this argument a lot at work when I find things in the recycling bins I can use or fix up, that way I can take it home for free and make sure it gets used again.

Anyhow still would not buy an Iphone ever, cannot work with apple devices they drive me nuts.

Re-using is not a good idea because of planned obsolescence. If planned obsolescence is exists , Then Reusing is obsolete .

(⌐■_■) 

2 minutes ago, Ridska said:

Re-using is not a good idea because of planned obsolescence. If planned obsolescence is exists , Then Reusing is obsolete .

Ok, this "planned obsolescence" is a moronic argument when used in context of Apple products, of which continues to have a reputation of outstanding longevity.

Of course exceptions exist, but generally speaking there is next to no performance difference between a brand new iPhone 4S in 2011 with iOS 5 and an old iPhone 4S in 2016 with iOS 9, for example. Heck, you can even sell used iPhone 3GS's today and they would work just fine.

Read the community standards; it's like a guide on how to not be a moron.

Gerdauf's Law: Each and every human being, without exception, is the direct carbon copy of the types of people that he/she bitterly opposes.

Remember, calling facts opinions does not ever make the facts opinions, no matter what nonsense you pull.

1 hour ago, Colonel_Gerdauf said:

next to no performance difference between a brand new iPhone 4S in 2011 with iOS 5 and an old iPhone 4S in 2016 with iOS 9

ok that's complete BS

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

im more concerned about the india's economy because its phone companies can be wiped out by apple as india isnt developed enough for its phone companies to compete with apple

3 hours ago, suicidalfranco said:

ok that's complete BS

You say so, but I have a 4S with me. I have yet to see any significant bugs or performance degradation in my five years of owning it, and know others with a similar experience to my own.

Ultimately, the "lagging" and/or buggy iOS updates are more exceptions than the rule. There are many Apple Device owners that are simply using their phones rather than showing it off, and are therefore not counted in the statistics.

Gerdauf's Law: Each and every human being, without exception, is the direct carbon copy of the types of people that he/she bitterly opposes.

Remember, calling facts opinions does not ever make the facts opinions, no matter what nonsense you pull.

Just now, Colonel_Gerdauf said:

You say so, but I have a 4S with me. I have yet to see any significant bugs or performance degradation in my five years of owning it, and know others with a similar experience to my own.

Ultimately, the "lagging" and/or buggy iOS updates are more exceptions than the rule. There are many Apple Device owners that are simply using their phones rather than showing it off, and are therefore not counted in the statistics.

i also have 4S with me and the performance as been complete shit ever since iOS7

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

35 minutes ago, suicidalfranco said:

i also have 4S with me and the performance as been complete shit ever since iOS7

Again, that is an exception rather than the rule. A vocal minority is still a minority.

53 minutes ago, suicidalfranco said:

I have a 5 since launch and it's only been getting better over the years.

My posts are in a constant state of editing :)

CPU: i7-4790k @ 4.7Ghz MOBO: ASUS ROG Maximums VII Hero  GPU: Asus GTX 780ti Directcu ii SLI RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance PSU: Corsair AX860 Case: Corsair 450D Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250 GB, WD Black 1TB Cooling: Corsair H100i with Noctua fans Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift

laptop

Some ASUS model. Has a GT 550M, i7-2630QM, 4GB or ram and a WD Black SSD/HDD drive. MacBook Pro 13" base model
Apple stuff from over the years
iPhone 5 64GB, iPad air 128GB, iPod Touch 32GB 3rd Gen and an iPod nano 4GB 3rd Gen. Both the touch and nano are working perfectly as far as I can tell :)