Frequent Lag Spikes

Saikachi

I get ethernet lag spikes on my PC every half hour or so. Its very annoying, especially since it crashes my hyper light drifter game and gets me killed in csgo. My internet would cut out for about 5 seconds and return to normal. I have an ASUS  AC3100  and Verizon FIOS. I used to have Comcast and had the same problem. I switched to Verizon and got a new modem, and the problem stayed. So it can't be my service provider. I just tested whether its my router by plugging in an ethernet laptop and a wireless laptop. When I got the lag spike on my computer, everything still worked on both laptops (I check by trying to make a skype call to my gf's phone). So it's definitely my computer. I have an Asrock Z87 killer mobo with the latest win10 64bit network driver. Any ideas of what might be causing it?

14 minutes ago, Saikachi said:

I get ethernet lag spikes on my PC every half hour or so. Its very annoying, especially since it crashes my hyper light drifter game and gets me killed in csgo. My internet would cut out for about 5 seconds and return to normal. I have an ASUS  AC3100  and Verizon FIOS. I used to have Comcast and had the same problem. I switched to Verizon and got a new modem, and the problem stayed. So it can't be my service provider. I just tested whether its my router by plugging in an ethernet laptop and a wireless laptop. When I got the lag spike on my computer, everything still worked on both laptops (I check by trying to make a skype call to my gf's phone). So it's definitely my computer. I have an Asrock Z87 killer mobo with the latest win10 64bit network driver. Any ideas of what might be causing it?

windows 10? buggy os? only reason i can think of. if you still had comcast i would've said that was the problem because comcast is dead rat carcass horrible.

500 Posts achieved 29/4/16 9:13PM

i7 980x Power! BeamnDrivionothbesgameComicSans

“I was the rebellious one.” - Maxene Andrews

Damn that's a nice hair flick 1981 Simon LeBon!

"Nothing gets you going like a juicy pussy!" - ashens

"what sorry blender isn't that what you make smoothe?" - pathole

"Yeah, well i'm a member of the waffen ss who lives with hitler in the bunker And i like modern music!" - Hans krebs loves fish

"We won world war 2 for a reason" - ironic shitposting is still shitposting

"Fight shooting game with pretty girls" - megami strike 1943

"You've got wood in an evo" - moog

"oxygofishafacematerialsotosis" - linus

"Vehicle stimulator" - crappy russian mod site

"The power table" - Nerdcubed

"Nuclear spaghetti" - ashens

FRANKIE SAYS RELAX!!!!

maybe try picking up a cheap gigabit Ethernet card to put in your system a different chip-set maker as that might be a frustrating way of solving the issue as long as you don't mind the extra card in you system. There pretty cheap $20AUD and if it doesn't work keep it as a spare.

The Cake is a Lie...

41 minutes ago, Patrickkd said:

maybe try picking up a cheap gigabit Ethernet card to put in your system a different chip-set maker as that might be a frustrating way of solving the issue as long as you don't mind the extra card in you system. There pretty cheap $20AUD and if it doesn't work keep it as a spare.

Not a bad idea. I switched out the ethernet cord and so far no lag spikes lol

oh wow didn't think of that. It would be infuriating to mess around with drivers and that for hours only to realize that it was just the Ethernet cable 

The Cake is a Lie...

2 hours ago, Patrickkd said:

oh wow didn't think of that. It would be infuriating to mess around with drivers and that for hours only to realize that it was just the Ethernet cable 

For sure. Good thing I work at Best Buy and get them for like 3 dollars lol