Next gen consoles already reaching their limits? lolololol

ManOfDisguise

Rich usualy knows what he's talking about, but in this case, he is way of.

If that API on PC can potentialy get 3 times faster AA method, then, there is not so much need for high resolution (ok, AA can't help in some rare cases). Now, you can only imagine what it can do on specialized hardware (even tho consoles use x86 instructions/architecture, theya re not PC's).

Majority of both PS4 & Xbone games will be 720 but upscaled to 1080p. However it's a bit odd that even some of the launch title's are having fps locked at 30fps, honestly not the best selling point for "The Next-Gen of Consoles".

keep in mind that the launch titles for the ps4 and xbox one when they started there development they would have been taking a wild stab in the dark as to what the final hardware would even be , much less gotten to work with finished drivers, they also have a hard date of 22nd of november to hit.

I want Valve to come out with a console with 4 Titans in it just to laugh at how the new current gen consoles are struggling... Trouble is, no one would be able to afford it...

haha they came out with a console with 1 titan

Desktop:  MSi GTX 680 Lightning - MSi Mpower Z77- i7 3770k - Asus Xonar DGX  - 16Gb Ares Ram - GX 750w PSU

Laptop: MSi GE 60 - GTX 765m - i74700MQ - 8gb ram

I think it's just the fact the devs are not as skilled in the new consoles look at gta v best looking game but yet still end of generation

Aselwyn1

Some of you people are so stupid

Please refrain from insulting others.

I have a 2408wfp as my monitor. The thing has been out since 2008 and is a 24" display with a 1920x1200 native resolution. It's 2013, going on 2014 now..., these consoles are still not on my monitors level and it's 5 years old now.

I think it's just the fact the devs are not as skilled in the new consoles look at gta v best looking game but yet still end of generation

GTA V on console looks like complete butt.

• 3 weeks later...

GTA V on console looks like complete butt.

To me it doesn't but that's just my opinion.

"You Can't Buy Happiness, But You Can Buy Horsepower, And That's Kind of The Same Thing."

To me it doesn't but that's just my opinion.

One word: jaggies.

I personally don't enjoy 9-string guitars, but that doesn't change the fact that they look awesome as hell!

consoles are dumb.   Lets get back to talking about pcs

Then why are you browsing the console gaming subforum? If you don't like talking about consoles, don't come to the one subforum inherently created for the purpose of talking about them.

"Be excellent to each other" - Bill and Ted
Community Standards | Guides & Tutorials | Members of Staff

One word: jaggies.

I haven't noticed any.

"You Can't Buy Happiness, But You Can Buy Horsepower, And That's Kind of The Same Thing."

I haven't noticed any.

I saw my friend play GTA V on a ps3, with a 1080p tv. There were jaggies everywhere.

I personally don't enjoy 9-string guitars, but that doesn't change the fact that they look awesome as hell!

I was my friend play GTA V on a ps3, with a 1080p tv. There were jaggies everywhere.

Watching a 720p game on a 1080p television makes any graphical flaws hideously obvious, to be fair.

And at the end of the day, PS3 and Xbox 360 are ancient devices now. Criticising them for not having perfect graphics is almost as silly as criticising a 90 year old for not being fit enough to partake in the next Olympic games.

"Be excellent to each other" - Bill and Ted
Community Standards | Guides & Tutorials | Members of Staff

COD at 720p on Xbox One just lolol and after playing Dead Island: Riptide on PS3 last night I was reminded of just how bad console game can be at times.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

It's because they decided to make them simple to code for... That hasn't been something we've seen in gaming other than pc

ofc

in like 2 years we will see 480p upscaled to 720p . and upscaled again

Probably 640p like most last gen games

how is this thread still going? lol thought it would die out a long time ago. oh well :)

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M