I made a troll thread in flash game forum about my GPU, this is what I get...

Aleksbgbg

As an April Fools joke, the game developers of this flash game made it all pixelated. Soon all over the forum are threads about how this 'Joke' broke everyone and their mother's quad Titan X setup with their i9-6969X and their oil cooling systems...

(BTW this was fully harmless and could be turned off in the settings, don't see why it was an issue)

Decided to make one thread of my own:

Yesterday,

I log into the game only to find a pixelated mess. After a bit of flying around, my screens turn off! What?

Yes, that is what I was wondering...

So, I hold my power button, until my PC turns off, and then I proceed to open it up, only to find: - my graphicxs card is smoking! MY GRAPHICS CARD IS SMOKING!!! MY GTX 980Ti IS SMOKING!!! ***??!?!?

SO I go to take it to repair, and today I get it back with a unfortunate message from the repairer that it is forever broken! *** Dark Orbit team? I will now make support ticket and want all £600 back for my GPU!!!

I get these (and counting) people who think they understand tech x)

Well too bad you chose to not fix the "April Fools Joke" before trying to play the game. There were over a dozen threads opened dealing with the Messed Up Visuals in several areas of the Forums there were also directions on correcting the issues from the PRANK.

The fact that only YOUR computer was affected by the issue is going to be a hard case to prove that D O caused the Graphics card to fail. Other factors are age of computer/card, how many hours operating time is on it, temperature of computer at time of failure, how clean is the internal cabinet of the computer, and what the computer is used for mainly.

My graphics card failed earlier this year because it was OLD and needed a break. It is not D O's fault, it is not the manufacturers fault, it is a piece of electrical equipment and it does fail over time.

Note how this guy is trying to tell me that a GTX 980Ti is old xD

Today's tech was not made for 30 year old gaming resolution. Also, how many players ever look at forums much less check out what the latest (snicker) news update. I laugh because it takes a player to discover the issues.

Hahahaha flash player resolution can break your tech lolololol

Had way too much fun with this one :D

||| Drakon (Desktop Build) |||

|| CPU: 3800X || Cooler: Kraken X63 || Motherboard: B450 Aorus M || Memory: HyperX DDR4-3200MHz 16G ||

|| Storage: 512GB 970 Pro + 500GB 850 EVO + 250GB 850 EVO + 1TB HDD + 2TB HDD || Graphics Card: RX 5700 XT Red Devil || Case: Thermaltake Core V21 || PSU: XFX XTR 750W 80+Gold || 

THE LAST ONE KILLED ME LOL can't play mario on my gaming pc no more

I don't want to start a h8 train, but this is some good sh*t.

My native language is C++

This was golden.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Better not play any flash games on my PC then.

Edited by Godlygamer23
Made major changes to post content.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Wait what? Someone please clarify to me, some dude made a pixelated mess of a "game" that made this fellah 980 Ti get smoked?! .... And if so what kind of joke is this? I get the Quad Titan X, I9-6969X joke just fine but the rest is blah what? Even a repair service joked on your face? :| im feeling sad now, really this is beyond confusing XD.

Groomlake Authority

1 minute ago, VerticalDiscussions said:

Wait what? Someone please clarify to me, some dude made a pixelated mess of a "game" that made this fellah 980 Ti get smoked?! .... And if so what kind of joke is this? I get the Quad Titan X, I9-6969X joke just fine but the rest is blah what? Even a repair service joked on your face? :| im feeling sad now, really this is beyond confusing XD.

The developer team made the game screen pixelated for the 1st of April as it was April fools day, where you play jokes on people x)

The whole forum of the game was full of people saying that their PC was broken because of it as it is harmful and what not (they don't understand tech)

This first quote is a quote from the thread that I also posted as a joke saying that my 980Ti burned up :D and the rest are replies :D 

|| CPU: 3800X || Cooler: Kraken X63 || Motherboard: B450 Aorus M || Memory: HyperX DDR4-3200MHz 16G ||

|| Storage: 512GB 970 Pro + 500GB 850 EVO + 250GB 850 EVO + 1TB HDD + 2TB HDD || Graphics Card: RX 5700 XT Red Devil || Case: Thermaltake Core V21 || PSU: XFX XTR 750W 80+Gold || 

this is pretty funny 

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/

Wait, let's go back to the part where you said 'flash game' - people still play these?

What is this, 2004?

?u=http%3A%2F%2Fi.qkme.me%2F35dnk4.jpg&f

In all seriousness, what game is this that you're talking about? I looked for a link but I didn't see one.

GW2: Vettexl.9726

1 minute ago, Vettexl said:

Wait, let's go back to the part where you said 'flash game' - people still play these?

What is this, 2004?

?u=http%3A%2F%2Fi.qkme.me%2F35dnk4.jpg&f

In all seriousness, what game is this that you're talking about? I looked for a link but I didn't see one.

http://www.darkorbit.co.uk/

Game called Dark Orbit.

I have to agree with you, why do they still play it? 100m users and counting...

oh and btw my friend refuses to play Battlefield 4 with me because this game is 'better'...

all you do in battlefield 4 is shoot he says...

1 minute ago, Aleksbgbg said:

http://www.darkorbit.co.uk/

Game called Dark Orbit.

I have to agree with you, why do they still play it? 100m users and counting...

oh and btw my friend refuses to play Battlefield 4 with me because this game is 'better'...

all you do in battlefield 4 is shoot he says...

I didn't realize flash games had come this far... I was imagining this in my head when you said 'flash game':

386.jpg

2 minutes ago, Vettexl said:

I didn't realize flash games had come this far... I was imagining this in my head when you said 'flash game':

386.jpg

Flash games have come a long way. I also remember playing Territory War on addictinggames.com. Fun game.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

1 minute ago, Vettexl said:

386.jpg

Haha lol no, it is all 3d and what not.

People have played it since 2006 when it first came out, as for me I've been playing it from 2010 but have been banned a million times due to personally made botting programs x)

Just now, Godlygamer23 said:

Flash games have come a long way. I also remember playing Territory War on addictinggames.com. Fun game.

The last time I played one was in school, so not in this decade :) I had no idea

Not that I'm about to start playing any now! I'd be wasting this 980 Ti