(Rumor) Battlefield 5 will be set in near future, still use Frostbite 3

asim1999

i doubt EA will ever let another WW2  game come out so hard to microtrans us out of money 

Processor: Intel core i7 930 @3.6  Mobo: Asus P6TSE  GPU: EVGA GTX 680 SC  RAM:12 GB G-skill Ripjaws 2133@1333  SSD: Intel 335 240gb  HDD: Seagate 500gb

Monitors: 2x Samsung 245B  Keyboard: Blackwidow Ultimate   Mouse: Zowie EC1 Evo   Mousepad: Goliathus Alpha  Headphones: MMX300  Case: Antec DF-85

34 minutes ago, ElfenSky said:

And that's why I always speak English and pretend I don't understand Russian when I play it, hahahaha.

Well Hardwarecanucks Dmitry is russian and he is pretty good at CSGO

Current Rig:   CPU: AMD 1950X @4Ghz. Cooler: Enermax Liqtech TR4 360. Motherboard:Asus Zenith Extreme. RAM: 8GB Crucial DDR4 3666. GPU: Reference GTX 970  SSD: 250GB Samsung 970 EVO.  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 2TB. Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro. PSU: Corsair RM1000X. OS: Windows 10 Pro UEFI mode  (installed on SSD)

Peripherals:  Display: Acer XB272 1080p 240Hz G Sync Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Brown Mouse: Logitech G502 RGB Headhet: Roccat XTD 5.1 analogue

Daily Devices:Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact and 128GB iPad Pro

Jeez, what's with the quote glitch? Can't delete that. 

I can just imagine you speaking in a thick Russian accent then purposely mispronouncing cyka blyat.

Edited by tobben
Removed quote

- snip-

Near future? No surprise. EA/Dice have no imagination to set it during any other time line anymore. 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

8 minutes ago, SeriouslyMikey said:

Near future? No surprise. EA/Dice have no imagination to set it during any other time line anymore. 

True, and yet they wanted to make it  unique from COD. 

Current Rig:   CPU: AMD 1950X @4Ghz. Cooler: Enermax Liqtech TR4 360. Motherboard:Asus Zenith Extreme. RAM: 8GB Crucial DDR4 3666. GPU: Reference GTX 970  SSD: 250GB Samsung 970 EVO.  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 2TB. Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro. PSU: Corsair RM1000X. OS: Windows 10 Pro UEFI mode  (installed on SSD)

Peripherals:  Display: Acer XB272 1080p 240Hz G Sync Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Brown Mouse: Logitech G502 RGB Headhet: Roccat XTD 5.1 analogue

11 minutes ago, asim1999 said:

True, and yet they wanted to make it  unique from COD. 

Just because it's holding the same themes, doesn't mean it's not unique in it's own way. It's a military shooter, how different can they really be? 

The game is unique in it's own way, however, a different setting/theme wouldn't hurt at all. 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

3 hours ago, SurvivorNVL said:

Shame that it isn't set in WW1 or WW2, but let's all take the moment to be happy about that last saying, "Command & Conquer:  TIBERIUM".  My baby came back *_*

there are literally so many WW2 games. There's a reason they went out of style, they became as oversaturated as the modern warfare genre from 2008-2014.

Also WW1 would be boring as hell if it was infantry, Airplanes I'd understand, but sitting in a trench ready to breath mustard gas which goes with the wind and kills a village a couple miles over seems pretty boring

11 hours ago, asim1999 said:

True, all it was was BF3 with levolution 

I really hope 5 will take place in WW1, otherwise, battlefield's going to get really stale and just feel like clones of one another

Follow the topics you create using the "Follow" button in the top right corner!

One day I will have my GTX 970. One day. PC specs are at my profile.

Not sure how to check what part works with what? Check out my compatibility guide!

I like the idea of trying out a WW1 Battlefield game, but not when it turns out less than mind-blowing and it's the Battlefield we're stuck then with for the next 3 years until another one is possibly released.

The Bf5 leaked docs, whether they're legit or fake, detail pretty much the ideal Battlefield, for me. Combine what it suggests with all the customization of current Battlefield, and with maps that are at least as good and large (hopefully mostly larger) as the Final Stand Bf4 DLC, and with Battlefront-quality graphics, and I'm pretty much in gaming ecstasy for the next few years.

People have been calling for a Battlefield 2142 sequel for... a very long time, and what is described in those concept docs sounds like a blend between typical Battlefield, and a long-desired 2143 - which would be great. Remember, future Battlefield is not typical near-future FPS theme, it's 2142-theme (mechs, titans, unique game modes...).

Also, be aware that when things like this "leak", it's sometimes, perhaps often, that it's done as a tactic by the game company (or government, or music band, or designer...) to gauge interest, and see what reactions people have to the idea.

A lot of people called the Fallout 4 pre-release leaks fake... but they turned out accurate, didn't they?

You own the software that you purchase - Understanding software licenses and EULAs

"We’ll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the american public believes is false" - William Casey, CIA Director 1981-1987

13 hours ago, asim1999 said:

There were leaked slides for EA's Play event which will take place around E3. From another site, there are leaked shots of planning documents for BF5. Since they are drawn over, i am going to take them with a bucketful of salt. Also of note here, is that one of the pictures claims that maps will be 're-imagined' in Frostbite 3, when BF4 had the same maps and already ran on Frostbite 3. If this is true, then BF5 will not have massively upgraded graphics from BF4, which is good news for console gamers and PC gamers running lower-end hardware. 

EA Play schedule

ea-play-2016-leaked-plans.jpg

Leaked BF5 DLC Plans:

u1BtMAHb4DrI6NnAx751oqrV0bL6nBbbO-JaPXZX

FDTh7Ocw_neDOY2ywuaQSWaEQdwZRA_YO8JCBgwR

Sources:

http://blog.games.com/2016/03/29/battlefield-5-might-be-the-first-military-shooter-to-tackle-futu/

http://www.idigitaltimes.com/battlefield-5-and-mercenaries-3-revealed-ea-play-leak-mass-effect-andromeda-will-have-522616

Shouldnt this be under pc gaming or something??

Well we'll see it once announced I'm interested either way. I enjoy older settings and future ones. Probably future ones more, reason I'd like to see new Crysis getting focused on multiplayer. Having Nanosuit spiced the game quite much :)

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

I'm still going to hold off until they release another Bad Company title.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

6 hours ago, Delicieuxz said:

People have been calling for a Battlefield 2142 sequel for... a very long time, and what is described in those concept docs sounds like a blend between typical Battlefield, and a long-desired 2143 - which would be great. Remember, future Battlefield is not typical near-future FPS theme, it's 2142-theme (mechs, titans, unique game modes...).

As a 2142 fanboy, I have to agree. When I saw BF5 I was disappointed that they were sticking with the tired modern/near future setting, but the setting of eastern european cities does somewhat fit 2143, especially Minsk which was a map in 2142. PAC being a faction is another point for 2143, but Titan mode being over the ocean and the fact that "future combat" is in a DLC dashes my hopes. Unfortunately, it seems to be an halfhearted inbetween of BF4's time period and 2142 like you said.

That is, ignoring the very large probability that this could be all fake. Either way I will have the 2142 theme stuck in my head for the next few days.

10 hours ago, _ASSASSIN_ said:

there are literally so many WW2 games. There's a reason they went out of style, they became as oversaturated as the modern warfare genre from 2008-2014.

Also WW1 would be boring as hell if it was infantry, Airplanes I'd understand, but sitting in a trench ready to breath mustard gas which goes with the wind and kills a village a couple miles over seems pretty boring

Back in 2008 I would have agreed, but now the market is overly saturated with "ohh look you have jet pack!" shooters.

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

Seriously though, if this turns out to be another dumb "ohh look you have a jetpack" shooter EA your battlefield community will leave you! No wonder developers like WarGaming are making battlefield youtubers play their games, they know that EA abandoned their community.

Pascal laptops guide

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, GalaxyRogerz said:

Would love a new vietnam era Battlefield

True Bad Company 2 Vietnam is considered to be the the best Battlefield DLC by far 

BF5 talk begins, I like it. Haven't played bf4 since I got into H1Z1 and on my super slow connection (16Mbps) I can downloading it.

Hope BF5 will introduce a better achievement/ weapon upgrade system. Something like a mix of BF and Division done right would be great.

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

On 4/3/2016 at 2:31 AM, Castdeath97 said:

snip

I have to agree, but these games are heavily bound to the theme they are set in. I feel like CoD and Battlefield are losing interest because they try to bind themselves to realistic or near realistic themes and timelines. They should start taking a look into a more sci-fi (or another drastic change, like post apocalypse, etc.) that is completely new. Creativity is restricted because they try to be too realistic, instead of trying to create their own universe and rules. Hell, I'd be more interested in a Mass Effect-themed (or far future) Battlefield game rather than whatever they want to accomplish in a near future setting.

45 minutes ago, dragosudeki said:

I have to agree, but these games are heavily bound to the theme they are set in. I feel like CoD and Battlefield are losing interest because they try to bind themselves to realistic or near realistic themes and timelines. They should start taking a look into a more sci-fi (or another drastic change, like post apocalypse, etc.) that is completely new. Creativity is restricted because they try to be too realistic, instead of trying to create their own universe and rules. Hell, I'd be more interested in a Mass Effect-themed (or far future) Battlefield game rather than whatever they want to accomplish in a near future setting.

There are still a lot of realistic themes that they haven't touched on, the problem is they are too scared to try. So, instead of trying to be innovative for once, EA will probably either: 1- Copy the recent COD titles

2-Do the same thing

Pascal laptops guide

3 hours ago, dragosudeki said:

True, but then they will be accused of copying HALO 

The thing that stands out to me is the new Mercenaries game. Please be true! 

COMIC SANS