MSI SLI bridge now comes with a fan

NumLock21

This is actually neat. I think it will be great for those who have 3 or more GPU's and need better cooling for them. (a very small % of the market though...)

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

4 hours ago, l_zheng101 said:

This seems kinda overkill to me. 

Sounds like overkill?

Welcome to the PC Master Race. ;)

Meanwhile in superior bridgeless CrossFireX land...

Pixelbook Go i5 Pixel 4 XL 

16 hours ago, Lays said:

My only issue is, a lot of aftermarket coolers push air out the sides of the cards, so you'd practically just be blowing all that hot air back into the GPU's.

What if you flip the fan around so that it's pulling air away from the cards and towards the window?

Follow the topics you create using the "Follow" button in the top right corner!

One day I will have my GTX 970. One day. PC specs are at my profile.

Not sure how to check what part works with what? Check out my compatibility guide!

That looks like a CoolerMaster low profile fan. 

I don't think that set up would do anything to add to the cooling.

It looks more aesthetic hype than anything.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

Interesting approach, especially since the odds of someone using open air cards for 4 way SLI are slim. I suppose though that even on a full liquid loop it would be convenient to get the air circulating between them, so long as the fan didnt interfere with the tubing.

1. GLaDOS: i5 6600 EVGA GTX 1070 FE EVGA Z170 Stinger Cooler Master GeminS524 V2 With LTT Noctua NFF12 Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8 GB 3200 MHz Corsair SF450 850 EVO 500 Gb CableMod Widebeam White LED 60cm 2x Asus VN248H-P, Dell 12" G502 Proteus Core Logitech G610 Orion Cherry Brown Logitech Z506 Sennheiser HD 518 MSX
  2. Lenovo Z40 i5-4200U GT 820M 6 GB RAM 840 EVO 120 GB
  3. Moto X4 G.Skill 32 GB Micro SD Spigen Case Project Fi

On ‎3‎/‎27‎/‎2016 at 10:49 PM, TheCovertCamper said:

No, Quad SLI Titan X's will thermal throttle without a fan on them

If you have 4 TitanXs you better be able to afford watercooling for them as well...

CPU:i7 5930k @4.5 Mobo:x99 Deluxe RAM:32gb Corsair @2800 GPU: SLI EVGA Titan X Case: Corsair 900D Storage: 6x 4TB Seagate SSHD(raid5), 2x500gb Samsung 850 Evo Raid0 PSU: Corsair ax1500i Audio: Asus Essence STX

On 3/27/2016 at 11:51 PM, l_zheng101 said:

True, but That's because when you put four of them on a mobo they're really close to each other. Besides, who would need a quad Titan X GPU setup anyway?

I mean even jayz2cents decided that 3 way titan x sli was enough.

1 hour ago, syoumans54 said:

If you have 4 TitanXs you better be able to afford watercooling for them as well...

Some people don't care for it or need 24/7 reliability with little to no maintenance for their rigs. 

15 minutes ago, TheCovertCamper said:

Some people don't care for it or need 24/7 reliability with little to no maintenance for their rigs. 

When you're paying that much for TitanXs, you care about performance. You're going to do everything you can  to get the most out of them. Trust me I know, I only have 2 of them. Why else would anyone pay 4000 for a small increase over only having 2 of them.

CPU:i7 5930k @4.5 Mobo:x99 Deluxe RAM:32gb Corsair @2800 GPU: SLI EVGA Titan X Case: Corsair 900D Storage: 6x 4TB Seagate SSHD(raid5), 2x500gb Samsung 850 Evo Raid0 PSU: Corsair ax1500i Audio: Asus Essence STX

3 hours ago, syoumans54 said:

When you're paying that much for TitanXs, you care about performance. You're going to do everything you can  to get the most out of them. Trust me I know, I only have 2 of them. Why else would anyone pay 4000 for a small increase over only having 2 of them.

Yeah, but some people are uneducated as well. I do have a question - how do the Titan X's perform in SLI? I am looking to get one more in the next couple of months and I am wondering if you would recommend it. Thanks.

22 minutes ago, TheCovertCamper said:

Yeah, but some people are uneducated as well. I do have a question - how do the Titan X's perform in SLI? I am looking to get one more in the next couple of months and I am wondering if you would recommend it. Thanks.

In all honesty, they're great in SLI and I never have any issues with the modded BIOS that I'm using. But at this stage I would probably hold off on getting another. I'm thinking about selling one of my Titans since it's resell is still fairly high and waiting for the next gen to come out. But if you find a good deal on one, it would be hard to pass up.

1 minute ago, syoumans54 said:

In all honesty, they're great in SLI and I never have any issues with the modded BIOS that I'm using. But at this stage I would probably hold off on getting another. I'm thinking about selling one of my Titans since it's resell is still fairly high and waiting for the next gen to come out. But if you find a good deal on one, it would be hard to pass up.

I was going to sell mine for Pascal but I have no real reliable way of selling it - I don't want to be out $1000.

Not sure where you're located at, but I have good success selling on Craigslist first. If it doesn't sell, it will always sell on Ebay. But the fee are high there.

2 minutes ago, syoumans54 said:

Not sure where you're located at, but I have good success selling on Craigslist first. If it doesn't sell, it will always sell on Ebay. But the fee are high there.

Ebay - they take a high cut and people could "break" the card, claim it was sent broken, take my $1000, and keep the fully functioning Titan. Ebay always favors the buyer. Craigslist - I'll get kidnapped and murdered by Ethan Bradberry after agreeing to a lowball offer.

First thought: SLI Bridge with fan, what is the point?

After seeing the photo: Okay, yeah. That's badass. 

On 26/03/2016 at 4:52 AM, TheCovertCamper said:

Doesn't matter, if they have it they need a fan.

So you think that pathetic little fan will do anything in a 4x TitanX configuration? Please. For a fan to make a difference in this scenario, you're talking about a high static server fan to actually push air between the cards.

See my blog for amusing encounters from IT workplace: http://linustechtips.com/main/blog/585-life-of-a-techie/

Still having to use a Multi-GPU bridge... How quaint

https://imgur.com/gallery/TWT85fj

But for real: Neat? I mean, this is pretty niche, as you'd have to have a GPU with coolers that will allow this thing to fit. And a properly planned SLI build shouldn't need this anyway, as you shouldn't have cooling issues.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)