Opinions and thoughts - should I change something?

Hi

I'm here to seek for opinions and advice from you. I have now come up with this pc and thinking about buying it, but I'm still a little uncertain wether I should change something or not? Please tell me your opinion why I should change some components and why?

This computers main purpose is for intense gaming and streaming. Not going to do video rendering that much, just occasionally. I'm sure to do some over-clocking. Money is not a problem so I don't have to think about saving money or anything but I thought this might still be enough for my purpose? I already figured out everything else so pc is just something I need help in.

Pc:

CPU:

Intel Core i7 5820k 3.3 GHz

GPU:

Palit geforce gtx 980 TI 6Mb

Motherboard:

Asus rampage V extreme

RAM:

Corsair Vengeance ddr4 16Gb 2666

SSD:

Samsung evo 1Tb

PSU:

Seasonic 750w 80+ fully modular

Cooling:

NZXT Kraken x61

Case:

Phanteks enthoo primo

+ dvd drive and Windows 10

So what do you think and what would you change and why? Remember: for gaming and streaming, money is not the problem. Just worried that something is way wrong or something that I'm not seeing.

Thank you very much in advance!

Jjaacco

seems like a good build. You could probably get a better PSU, something like an EVGA G2.

why a dvd drive? to install windows 10 just use a USB. Is 1TB enough storage for you?

Gaming - Ryzen 5800X3D | 64GB 3200mhz  MSI 6900 XT Mini-ITX SFF Build

Home Server (Unraid OS) - Ryzen 2700x | 48GB 3200mhz |  EVGA 1060 6GB | 6TB SSD Cache [3x2TB] 66TB HDD [11x6TB]

4 minutes ago, Jjaacco said:

Hi

I'm here to seek for opinions and advice from you. I have now come up with this pc and thinking about buying it, but I'm still a little uncertain wether I should change something or not? Please tell me your opinion why I should change some components and why?

This computers main purpose is for intense gaming and streaming. Not going to do video rendering that much, just occasionally. I'm sure to do some over-clocking. Money is not a problem so I don't have to think about saving money or anything but I thought this might still be enough for my purpose? I already figured out everything else so pc is just something I need help in.

Pc:

CPU:

Intel Core i7 5820k 3.3 GHz

GPU:

Palit geforce gtx 980 TI 6Mb

Motherboard:

Asus rampage V extreme

RAM:

Corsair Vengeance ddr4 16Gb 2666

SSD:

Samsung evo 1Tb

PSU:

Seasonic 750w 80+ fully modular

Cooling:

NZXT Kraken x61

Case:

Phanteks enthoo primo

+ dvd drive and Windows 10

So what do you think and what would you change and why? Remember: for gaming and streaming, money is not the problem. Just worried that something is way wrong or something that I'm not seeing.

Thank you very much in advance!

Jjaacco

You can spend a bit less on the PSU as 650W is already more than enough. 850W is recommended for two anyways if you plan to add another down the road. I'd suggest an EVGA 650W GQ/GS/G2.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

5 minutes ago, suchamoneypit said:

seems like a good build. You could probably get a better PSU, something like an EVGA G2.

why a dvd drive? to install windows 10 just use a USB. Is 1TB enough storage for you?

Thanks, really thought those Seasonic ones were good. And the dvd drive is just for some old games like diablo 1 and wolfenstein that I still have from the food old times, so just want to still use those :P

Most of my stuff is on my external hard drives, just planning to install everything I need daily on the ssd, so 1tb should be enough? Might and another 500Gb though. Thanks anyways!

8 minutes ago, STRMfrmXMN said:

You can spend a bit less on the PSU as 650W is already more than enough. 850W is recommended for two anyways if you plan to add another down the road. I'd suggest an EVGA 650W GQ/GS/G2.

Just thought that better safe that sorry so got 750w, don't really want a situation where PSU is slowing everything down, though that would be really unlikely, but still. And as I said, my money spending is the least of my concerns in this. But still thank you for your answer!

49 minutes ago, Jjaacco said:

Just thought that better safe that sorry so got 750w, don't really want a situation where PSU is slowing everything down, though that would be really unlikely, but still. And as I said, my money spending is the least of my concerns in this. But still thank you for your answer!

Well there's no situation where a 5820k and 980ti will hit 650W so that's why I suggested saving your money or spending more if you plan to add another.

Point A being this - 4790k and dual 980ti with no overclocks hitting 550W under laod 

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

23 hours ago, Jjaacco said:

Thanks, really thought those Seasonic ones were good. And the dvd drive is just for some old games like diablo 1 and wolfenstein that I still have from the food old times, so just want to still use those :P

Most of my stuff is on my external hard drives, just planning to install everything I need daily on the ssd, so 1tb should be enough? Might and another 500Gb though. Thanks anyways!

if your just installing programs you use on the daily, a 250GB SSD is more than enough ( I have every program i use plus 125GB in games on mine).

Gaming - Ryzen 5800X3D | 64GB 3200mhz  MSI 6900 XT Mini-ITX SFF Build

Home Server (Unraid OS) - Ryzen 2700x | 48GB 3200mhz |  EVGA 1060 6GB | 6TB SSD Cache [3x2TB] 66TB HDD [11x6TB]