Guys please help me pick PSU

Guys im new here and planning to build my first gaming rig. This are my parts.

CHASSIS: CORSAIR SPEC 3 RED

POWER SUPPLY: THERMALTAKE 630W GOLD

MOTHERBOARD: ASUS H97M-E

PROCESSOR: Intel® Core™ i5-4590 Processor

VIDEO CARD: ASUS GTX970 STRIX 4GB DDR5 256BIT

RAM: GSKILL RIPJAWSX 8GB 1600MHz 2X4GB

HDD: SEAGATE 1TB 7200RPM 3.5" SATA

Im out of budget for the ssd and optical drive plus cooling but im planning to buy it in the future.

Just want to ask for the ff:
1. can my stock cooling support my cpu? not planning to overclock since my mobo and cpu are not overclockable. (planning to play tombraider, assassin creed for about 4 to 5 hrs high settings)
2. is my psu the right choice for my rig? i know that 630w in enough but i dont know the quality..  Can you suggest budget wise psu if this is not good.
3. is this rig will be able to run smoothly in 1080 60hz monitor? ex lg 23 ips monitor. this is only my money can afford. :D 

THANK YOU GUYS! 

7 minutes ago, JustinM said:

Guys im new here and planning to build my first gaming rig. This are my parts.

CHASSIS: CORSAIR SPEC 3 RED

POWER SUPPLY: THERMALTAKE 630W GOLD

MOTHERBOARD: ASUS H97M-E

PROCESSOR: Intel® Core™ i5-4590 Processor

VIDEO CARD: ASUS GTX970 STRIX 4GB DDR5 256BIT

RAM: GSKILL RIPJAWSX 8GB 1600MHz 2X4GB

HDD: SEAGATE 1TB 7200RPM 3.5" SATA

Im out of budget for the ssd and optical drive plus cooling but im planning to buy it in the future.

Just want to ask for the ff:
1. can my stock cooling support my cpu? not planning to overclock since my mobo and cpu are not overclockable. (planning to play tombraider, assassin creed for about 4 to 5 hrs high settings)
2. is my psu the right choice for my rig? i know that 630w in enough but i dont know the quality..  Can you suggest budget wise psu if this is not good.
3. is this rig will be able to run smoothly in 1080 60hz monitor? ex lg 23 ips monitor. this is only my money can afford. :D 

THANK YOU GUYS! 

Not a good PSU. 630W is more than twice what you'll ever need but a better quality unit is highly recommended. Look at the PSU whitelist in my signature. I'd suggest an EVGA GQ/B2/GS, Antec HCG, or Seasonic G-series/M12 for your PC.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

You can get a faster skylake i5 6500 at around the same price.

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

my opinion,, if not overclocking ,,   you probbaly need a 550 watt psu , people will tell you  you neeed  less but  heres the thing the more unused watts  the less drain on the power supplies lifespan.  because the power supply isnt working as hard. and wont draw anymore power from the socket than  say  the  lower watt psu ,

disclaimer: the spoiler is added simply because of my opinion of the company not that i expect everyone to agree with me.

Spoiler

i do not like thermaltake brand anything, and this will sound biased ,, but I refuse to buy from a company that is crooked to start out with ,, they screw their competitors (actually in some cases blatantly ripping off  designs. and i have to ask myself  if they would do the very same to their customers,, given the track record of their power supplies Id say Im right 

now with that said i don;t know what region your in to give you direct links. but Seasonic , corsir RM, HX, AX are very good, so are some evga.  but Id go with a seasonic 550 watt unit. 

some of your question are better in the build plan section though.

9 minutes ago, JustinM said:

@STRMfrmXMN @Toxicknight79 Thank you guys so ill go for Seasonic G-550 or Seasonic m12 620w.. 

@Castdeath97 Can you suggest the specs of the skylake? ty

Here you go (use the stock cooler and add the rest of the build)

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-6500 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($196.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-B150M-DS3H Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($69.99 @ Micro Center) 
Memory: G.Skill NT Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4-2133 Memory  ($32.99 @ Newegg) 
Total: $299.97
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-03-18 02:30 EDT-0400

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

wow its almost the same price. :D okay ill go for the skylake. thanks man!

I personally have the M12II EVO 620W with an i7 6700k at 4.5 GHz and a MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G(not OC'ed) and it's working fine as it is.

So yeah, M12II EVO 620W can do the job.

PS: Cannot tell if you are talking about the non EVO M12II.

"The Dead Legacy" (Since: XX.XX.2010) || CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E7500 2.93 GHz || HSF: Stock Intel HSF || MB: MSI P35 Neo 2 LGA 775 || RAM: Kingston/Samsung/PQi 1 + 2x1 + 2 GB DDR2 667 MHz || GPU: Palit NVidia GeForce 9800 GT 1 GB GDDR3 || HDD: Seagate Barracuda 80 GB (OS Drive) / 1 TB (Main Storage) SATA II/III || HDD: Hitachi 320 GB (Backup Storage) IDE || ODD: LG DVD-RW (KIA) IDE || PSU: Generic PSU 500W Non-Modular (Korean) ATX || Case: Generic Case (No Fans) ATX Mid-Tower || Monitor: Samsung SyncMaster 12" LED 1280x1024p || Speaker: Creative SBS 240 2.1 || KB: Generic Gaming (Full, No Macro) Keyboard || Mouse: T-REX Evolve Gaming Multi-Color Modded (RED LED Permanent) || Mousepad: Generic (Small) Black 

"The Chimera's Lair" (Since: 01.18.2016) || CPU: Intel Core™ i7-6700K 4.0 GHz (4.5 GHz OC) Skylake || HSF: NZXT Kraken X61 CLC || MB: MSI Z170A Gaming M5 LGA1151 || RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V Red 2x8 GB DDR4 2400 MHz || GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 970 Gaming Edition 4 GB GDDR5 || SSD: Sandisk SSD Plus 240 GB (OS Drive) SATA III || HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2  TB (Mass Storage) SATA III / Seagate Barracuda 1  TB (Games Storage) SATA III  || PSU: Seasonic M12II Evo 620W Fully-Modular ATX || Case: NZXT S340 Black/Red ATX Mid-Tower || Monitor: ASUS VC239H 23"  Frameless AH-IPS LED 1920x1080p (Not Yet Bought)

8 hours ago, Toxicknight79 said:

the more unused watts  the less drain on the power supplies lifespan.  because the power supply isnt working as hard. and wont draw anymore power from the socket than  say  the  lower watt psu ,

This is not true.

8 hours ago, Castdeath97 said:

17 minutes ago, Erwylh said:

This is not true.

how is what I said not true ,? 

The power supply will NOT draw any more watts than what the system demands, it just wont they are designed that way, if it were not the case then some dude would be on here complaining about  my power supply  burnt my pc up. 

and ill add on top of it ,,,  Power supplys are rated two ways ,,, RMS and peak.  RMS is continue-able wattage and peak wattage is what the  pSu  can do  in peak shorter spurts,,, most of the time your power supplies are listed as Peak wattage ,,, and then  someone buys that  power supply  based on thinking that they only need the power supplies wattage ,, when  normally  no one bothers  understanding the difference between continued output and peak output so there for ,, the  power supply is gonna  crap out much quicker,,, With THIS knowledge its better to buy a power supply  that is more watts than  its listed as. I did not want to explain this in full detail but since your trying to say Im wrong i guess i have to pull the knowledge of my reasoning out. 

5 hours ago, Toxicknight79 said:

most of the time your power supplies are listed as Peak wattage

You mean never. Nobody should buy "only peak" psus, this is the first sign of dangerous models. So its irrelevant to consider stacking up wattage that we don't use since if you buy PSU from a trused manufacturer, you can see the continous wattage and you should watch review from every model before buying it.

But I am not sure you understood my problem, let me quote again, I wanted to point out this one:

15 hours ago, Toxicknight79 said:

the more unused watts  the less drain on the power supplies lifespan

This is not true, there is no relationship between the two things.

Anyway, good PSUs last long enough to survive many builds so I don't actually understand why do you focus on it's lifespan instead of other components.

The main problem is that ppl are usually on tight budget (let's say 100$ or sometimes under 60$ as OP ran out of it aswell) so if your system's max consumption is around 250W then you are perfectly fine with a great ~350W-400W model (e.g. Seasonic G360). OR you can say you need "moar watts" and you will buy Corsair CX750 for the same price - which is obviously worse. And your configuration may blow up because you sacrificed quality for unused wattage.

Okay, my example is extreme and wasnt about this build but I hope you understand extra watts are expensive so you should calculate your needs properly if you can't afford a better one since you pay more for nothing (or less).

@jc980 seasonic M12II-620 EVO 620w :) haha i have no idea that there's evo and non evo.. thanks!!

Thank you guys your comments about psu helps me alot. :)

4 hours ago, Erwylh said:

You mean never. Nobody should buy "only peak" psus, this is the first sign of dangerous models. So its irrelevant to consider stacking up wattage that we don't use since if you buy PSU from a trused manufacturer, you can see the continous wattage and you should watch review from every model before buying it.

But I am not sure you understood my problem, let me quote again, I wanted to point out this one:

This is not true, there is no relationship between the two things.

Anyway, good PSUs last long enough to survive many builds so I don't actually understand why do you focus on it's lifespan instead of other components.

The main problem is that ppl are usually on tight budget (let's say 100$ or sometimes under 60$ as OP ran out of it aswell) so if your system's max consumption is around 250W then you are perfectly fine with a great ~350W-400W model (e.g. Seasonic G360). OR you can say you need "moar watts" and you will buy Corsair CX750 for the same price - which is obviously worse. And your configuration may blow up because you sacrificed quality for unused wattage.

Okay, my example is extreme and wasnt about this build but I hope you understand extra watts are expensive so you should calculate your needs properly if you can't afford a better one since you pay more for nothing (or less).

then you and I have a difference of opinion , you have yours i have mine, not going to sit here and argue with you about logic.