world's most child-friendly PC aw it's so tiny

Youbetternot

Look it's a cute Friendly PC, oh it has 1.2 ghz.

No-one said monitoring your child's online activity was easy. Going behind their back and checking their browser history after the fact is one way of doing it, but it's retroactive and tends to lack important information. And you can't quite look over their shoulder and watch their usage all the time.

Solving this dilemma is at the heart of the MiiPC eco-system. The MiiPC is a standalone mini PC powered by a 1.2GHz processor and 4GB of storage running Android 4.2. It has a smattering of slots including USB, SD and HDMI, and has been designed as a low-cost computer that works with any screen, keyboard and mouse you connect to it.

Song has a long and successful history in the computing world. He was the founder of eMachines, which was eventually sold to Gateway for $262 million in 2004, before becoming part of Acer in 2007.

His MiiPC setup is the latest release in a 20-year career and was one of the darlings of Kickstarter earlier this year, making its $50,000 bid price within 24 hours.

Learn more here: Tiny cute PC

MiiPC_2-578-80.jpgMiiPC_3-580-90.jpgMiiPC_8-580-90.jpgMiiPC_7-580-90.jpgMiiPC_5-580-90.jpg

# -_-     [Planned RIg AKA Project ARES    -_-#

| AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz 8-Core | Be Quiet DARK ROCK 2 57.9 CFM Fluid Dynamic Bearing | Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z  |G.Skill Ripjaws X 8GB Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM |Samsung 840 Series 250GB 2.5" SSD | Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB  |Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower|Gelid Solutions Silent 14 PWM 74.5 CFM 140mm x3 |Corsair RM Series 750 Watt ATX/EPS 80PLUS Gold-Certified Power Supply|

|Rosewill RNX-N250PCe | Windows 8  | Acer H236HLbid 23.0" |Corsair Vengeance K70 
Corsair Vengeance M65 Wired Laser | STEELSERIES QCK Black|Sennheiser HD 558Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer         

This is a good idea, I would give this to non tech savvy people who wanted a PC because it would be very difficult to f**k up like a normal PC would be.

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

Not child friendly, children play games, this wouldn't really run any games

Still better than the 2DS. ;)

This is a good idea, I would give this to non tech savvy people who wanted a PC because it would be very difficult to f**k up like a normal PC would be.

Chromebook! ;)

Setup Video -----------Peasant Crushing Specs----------- 4K Benchmarks

-CPU- i7 3930k @4.8GHz 1.4v -Mobo- Asus Rampage IV Extreme -GPUs- 2x GTX Titan Hydrocopper SLI -RAM- 32GB (8x4GB) Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz -Storage- 500GB Samsung 840 SSD | 2TB WD Green HDD

-Monitors- 3x BenQ XL2420T | 1x Dell U2713HM -Mouse- Steelseries Rival -Keyboard- Corsair K70 Cherry MX Brown -Headphones- Audio Techinca ATH-M50 -Microphone- RØDE NT1-A

This would also make for a nice PC for someone's parent or grandparent that only uses their machine to Facebook and email.

I've found Tablets have always worked better for the non tech person as they only wanna be on it for a few minutes and when i tell them they won't be able to use it on a couch its a deal breaker for them :P

Intel 4790k • Asus Z97-A • Gigabyte GTX 970 Windforce • G.Skill 1866 4GBx2 • Corsair HX850W PSU • Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler • Intel 530 120GB SSD(OS) • 1TB HDD(Games) • Cooler Master HAF 912 • Logitech G15 Key • Razer Abyssus Mouse • Asus 24in 144hz VG248QE

I see that this is a nice cheap thing for kids but I would rather give them a chromebook until they're old enough to not fuck up a windows machine.

If you want to join a really cool Discord chatroom with some great guys here from LTT and outside this community then PM me!

Chromebook! ;)

Yes but people(especially non techies and children) will treat a Chromebook like they would treat a laptop which is to say harshly. There is no conceivable reason for someone to remove one of these from where ever it was placed so that would eliminate one of the potential ways they could muck it up

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

I see that this is a nice cheap thing for kids but I would rather give them a chromebook until they're old enough to not fuck up a windows machine.

(So at what age do you see this happening? I'm 18, and I still fuck over my windows ;))

Everyone have a cool signature. I don't, so I thought I would write something.

- Cool right?

Child Friendly........until you throw it at a kid.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

it's not a pc. it's a mii (mario)

so this is supposed to be some kind of babys first pc?

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

(So at what age do you see this happening? I'm 18, and I still fuck over my windows ;))

You fuck your windows up in a qualified manner as you can fix it yourself, but I see it happening at about 12.

If you want to join a really cool Discord chatroom with some great guys here from LTT and outside this community then PM me!

Funny that they switched the speakers and mic port colors. Nice that it is running Android 4.2. Hope it will be upgraded to 4.3 later.

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

Anybody know how much this will cost? I didn't see a price in the article...

COMIC SANS

Not child friendly, children play games, this wouldn't really run any games

this is good cuz if i went round to every child that lives in my london im sure 13/20(might be slight overestimate) dont actually play games on the pc

they are all to busy playing fifa on the ps3 and xbox or dont play games

this is good cuz if i went round to every child that lives in my london im sure 13/20(might be slight overestimate) dont actually play games on the pc

they are all to busy playing fifa on the ps3 and xbox or dont play games

I mean games like Runescape which probably couldn't run on this

I mean games like Runescape which probably couldn't run on this

lol i remember that game it was a long time ago

i want to see if my accounts are still there now =P

my cousin gave me his account with like 1billion gold coins 

holy shit the game is different its called runescape 3 and they have a desktop client 

damm i cant wait till it loads 

edit*

it loaded andd the t5450 is running the game shit as hell and it looks the same as it used to be

ok so it has a 1.2ghz cpu and 4gb of storage seriously? whats stopping me from buying an android tablet that is portable has a touch screen that u can plug a mouse and keyboard in and install the app that lets u remote shut down? seriously i would rather get my kids a real pc and them play for however long than buy this crap if your kids playing to long tell them to get off its not hard to see them go in there room for however long then when its been long enough go in there room and say come out or dc them from the internet with your router -_-

Why are the speaker and mic ports the wrong colours? :P

Aragorn (WS): 250D | 6800k | 840 Pro 512GB | Intel 530 480GB  | Asus X99-M WS | 64GB DDR4 | Corsair HX720i | GTX 1070 | Corsair H115i | Philips BDM4350UC 43" 3840x2160 IPS

Gimli (server):  Node 304 | G4560 | ADATA XPG SX8000 128GB | 2x 5TB WD Red | ASROCK H270M-ITX/AC  | 8GB DDR4 | Seasonic 400FL

Omega (server):                 Fractal Arc Mini R2 | i3 4130 | 500GB Maxtor | 2TB WD Red : Raid 1 | 3TB Seagate Barracuda | 16GB RAM | Seasonic G-450w
Alpha (WS): 900D | 4770k | GTX 780  | 840 Pro 512GB  | GA-Z87X-OC | Corsair RM 850 | 24GB 2400mhz | Samsung S27B970D 2560x1440

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||