Headphone recommendations (£350 Max)

InfiniteM

Hi Everyone,

Does anyone know any good headphones for £350 or below? I will mostly be using them on my android phone or laptop, maybe with a external DAC if I can find a good one. I will be traveling with them quite a bit which may rule out open headphones.

Thanks in advance!

10 minutes ago, InfiniteM said:

Hi Everyone,

Does anyone know any good headphones for £350 or below? I will mostly be using them on my android phone or laptop, maybe with a external DAC if I can find a good one. I will be traveling with them quite a bit which may rule out open headphones.

Thanks in advance!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Beyerdynamic-DT770-Pro-Headphones-250/dp/B0006NL5SM/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1458148114&sr=8-3&keywords=beyerdynamic+dt770

you could get the 80 or 32 ohm version so you dont have difficulties driving the headphones

"Sulit" (adj.) something that is worth it

i7 8700K 4.8Ghz delidded / Corsair H100i V2 / Asus Strix Z370-F / G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB 3200 / EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB & 250GB - Crucial MX300 M.2 525GB / Fractal Design Define S / Corsair K70 MX Reds / Logitech G502 / Beyerdynamic DT770 250Ohm

SMSL SD793II AMP/DAC - Schiit Magni 3 / PCPP

Old Rig

i5 2500k 4.5Ghz | Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P | Zotac GTX 980 AMP! Extreme | Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB 1866MHz

14 minutes ago, InfiniteM said:

Hi Everyone,

Thanks in advance!

if it's for laptop, and android, i wont recommend anything beefy like an hyper x Cloud or Plantronics,  just get something as basic as a Beats Headset (that might sound like an abomination to most of you) but really, its waaay below your budget, and its pretty OK. if ure not doing heavy duty gaming where you need as much Audio capability as possible.

---UtterMayhem

Ask me About the Signature 

Spoiler

It's a new Comic Series my team and I are working on.

Here are Sneak Peaks of it: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/7qk86iyvbp2wce6/AABFjOL1Yp2bQG7xruxuVToTa?dl=0

14 minutes ago, Utter_Mayhem said:

if it's for laptop, and android, i wont recommend anything beefy like an hyper x Cloud or Plantronics,  just get something as basic as a Beats Headset (that might sound like an abomination to most of you) but really, its waaay below your budget, and its pretty OK. if ure not doing heavy duty gaming where you need as much Audio capability as possible.

I've heard the new beats are better, but I still don't think I can bring myself to buy beats due to build quality. Anything else is fair game and the budget is only the max I will look at all prices below that.

Get the HyperX Clould II i have them are they are beasts 

i mean they have perfect cable length

comfort is key for them

amazing sound

OR

Get some good sennheisers with an amp

I didn't know what to put here...

1 minute ago, InfiniteM said:

I've heard the new beats are better, but I still don't think I can bring myself to buy beats due to build quality. Anything else is fair game and the budget is only the max I will look at all prices below that.

Beats are a lie 

cmon

I didn't know what to put here...

Just now, Utter_Mayhem said:

LOL all these for an android phone and a laptop, thats why i recommended something less tough like a beats headset

paying 200$ for "looks" and 50$ for the sound quality isn't a good combo...

14 minutes ago, Utter_Mayhem said:

LOL all these for an android phone and a laptop, thats why i recommended something less tough like a beats headset

Yep, I totally get that but people in a gaming / PC enthusiast crowd probably won't ever agree with beats as a viable option. Personally they aren't for me but I can get why some people like them.

2 minutes ago, InfiniteM said:

Yep, I totally get that but people in a gaming / PC enthusiast crowd probably won't ever agree with beats as a viable option. Personally they aren't for me but I can get why some people like them.

for everyday use what about V- moda Crossfade M-100's or LP's??

check em out, they dont look ugly either

Since nobody else are recommending the oppo pm 3 I will then. I would also like to recommend PSB M4U1 and PSB M4U2

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

Uuuhh if you want something that looks really nice if you ask me look at  BOWERS & WILKINS P7 that is one sexy pair of headphones.

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

8 minutes ago, Aytex said:

for everyday use what about V- moda Crossfade M-100's or LP's??

check em out, they dont look ugly either

I'll have a look into them, I tried to buy a pair of VModa a few years ago but they didn't stock well in the UK. 

2 minutes ago, Dackzy said:

Uuuhh if you want something that looks really nice if you ask me look at  BOWERS & WILKINS P7 that is one sexy pair of headphones.

I'm not too bothered about looks, if they look good it's a bonus. I've heard of the P7's they are on my shortlist. Thanks for the other recommendations! I've never heard of those before.

Just now, InfiniteM said:

I'm not too bothered about looks, if they look good it's a bonus. I've heard of the P7's they are on my shortlist. Thanks for the other recommendations! I've never heard of those before.

They are all really good.

On 16/03/2016 at 6:10 PM, Dackzy said:

They are all really good.

I've just bought the P7's, thanks again. Do you think I need an DAC for my Nexus 6p? Some other Nexus users have as the onboard is not very good apparently.

Just now, InfiniteM said:

I've just bought the P7's, thanks again. Do you think I need an DAC for my Nexus 6p? Some other Nexus users have as the onboard is not very good apparently.

I dont know man, it depends on how often you are using them with your phone and how much you up in sound. Try without and see how it works. If you want a dac for your phone PM me and I will help you find a good one. :) 

1 minute ago, Dackzy said:

I dont know man, it depends on how often you are using them with your phone and how much you up in sound. Try without and see how it works. If you want a dac for your phone PM me and I will help you find a good one. :) 

Thanks and will do! I appreciate the advice!!

I tried a demo pair of "Samsung level over ear headphones" (i forget the exact model). They sound amazing, but have a significant delay, so they are NOT good for gaming or even movies. They cost about $350 US. Tritton detonators are "somewhat" cheap and have plenty of bass, but they,are NOT well built so they're easy to break. A sturdy looking pair that i haven't tried is the Razer black shark, they look like flight deck ear muffs (the kind used on a aircraft carrier) I have no clue how they sound. I hate Razer but that headset looks like a decent option. The Trittron has a removable mic, i belive the Black Shark does too. The Tritton is made for the Xbox 360 but all the xbox specific stuff attaches using a 3.5 mm 4 pole jack so you can use it with practically anything.