EA ... Origin :S

DeViLzzz

EA/Origin decided to take $1.10 seven times in recent days from my bank account just for the heck of it.  They say that at times when people add credit/debit card information to their accounts they will do this and then return the funds.  Well the funds have not been returned and honestly there is no way they should be doing this in the first place.  Totally not needed.  My bank said it was fraud.

Yes I got an email tonight saying they would investigate the situation if the money was not returned to my account but geeze ....

EA ... why ?

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

EAfw.png

Intel 4790k • Asus Z97-A • Gigabyte GTX 970 Windforce • G.Skill 1866 4GBx2 • Corsair HX850W PSU • Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler • Intel 530 120GB SSD(OS) • 1TB HDD(Games) • Cooler Master HAF 912 • Logitech G15 Key • Razer Abyssus Mouse • Asus 24in 144hz VG248QE

1. dont add your email to things, you never know when a chinese man is going to hack you

2. the EA meme picture needs to stop ~_~

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

Is it from EA, or someone who's charge looks like EA?

I've gotten charges today from companies that appear as APPLE instead of APPL on my Chase and USAA bank statements. 

Desktop: Intel i5-3570K (stock) | Asus Sabertooth Z77 | G.Skill RipJaw 16GB 1600MHz | Samsung 840 120GB | EVGA GTX 680 SC+ 2GB | Fractal Design R4 | Windows 8 Pro (soon to have dual boot Mac OS X)

Retina Macbook Pro : Intel i7-3840QM | 16GB 1600 MHz | 256GB SSD | Nvidia GT 650M 1GB | Mac OS X 10.8.5

Is it from EA, or someone who's charge looks like EA?

I've gotten charges today from companies that appear as APPLE instead of APPL on my Chase and USAA bank statements. 

It definitely was Origin/EA.

It definitely was Origin/EA.

Well, I'd get on that customer service line, and bitch as much as you need to until they return the funds. Tell them that if they don't return the funds immediately, you will request a fraud investigation from your bank.

Then, if they haven't returned the money after a few days, go to the bank and request a fraud investigation. EA should have NO permission to take funds without your direct consent. You should be able to feel confident that your money is safe. What if you were then short on an automatic withdrawn insurance payment or something else extremely important?  Companies like insurance companies will give zero fucks about reasons why your payments are late or were rejected.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

You know what they say on the internet. Never tell a man to stop or face the inner troll that you awoke. :D

EAfw.png

“The value of a college education is not the learning of many facts but the training of the mind to think”

Have you updated your card infos? Every time you add/change infos they have to verify that card is valid. PayPal uses similliar thing, but they need your permission to claim funds. You'd better change origin pass and remove all card infos for now. It might not be EA themselves but security error.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Wow thats weird. Never seen that before.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Have you updated your card infos? Every time you add/change infos they have to verify that card is valid. PayPal uses similliar thing, but they need your permission to claim funds. You'd better change origin pass and remove all card infos for now. It might not be EA themselves but security error.

Blaming a user for a EA error?

what has this world come to.

AMD Phenom II x4 955 - Gigabyte GA-870A-UD3 - XFX HD7870 CORE - 60 GB OCZ Agility 3 - 1 TB Western Digital Green - 1 TB Hitachi DeskStar

OCZ ModXstream 600W - 16 GB Corsair XMS3 - Cooler Master HAF 912 Plus - Logitech G110 - Speedlink Kudos - Sennheiser HD 518

Steam The reason I am still alive Dark Theme

EA/Origin decided to take $1.10 seven times in recent days from my bank account just for the heck of it.

I've gotten that charge 3 times after 3 failed attempts to buy some DLC.

They've returned 2 of them so far.,

Blaming a user for a EA error?

what has this world come to.

No way of knowing if its EA error or not. Something like billing statement is easy to fake. I'm bit bored of people blaming EA just because.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

EA/Origin decided to take $1.10 seven times in recent days from my bank account just for the heck of it.  They say that at times when people add credit/debit card information to their accounts they will do this and then return the funds.  Well the funds have not been returned and honestly there is no way they should be doing this in the first place.  Totally not needed.  My bank said it was fraud.

Yes I got an email tonight saying they would investigate the situation if the money was not returned to my account but geeze ....

EA ... why ?

It's a weekend and money doesn't get put in on a weekend. Wait until monday+ It's in the banks hands now to handle the transaction.

X-10 - 7980XE - Gigabyte Aorous Gaming 9 - 128GB GSkill TridentZ RGB - SLI Asus GTX 1080 TI Strix
Easy Desk GuideMalware Removal Guide - New mobo, Same OS Guide

No way of knowing if its EA error or not. Something like billing statement is easy to fake. I'm bit bored of people blaming EA just because.

It's not fake.

People are reporting the problem on forums.  It's happened to me 3 times for exactly $1.10 for failed purchase attempts.

I've since got the money back.

Well, I'd get on that customer service line, and bitch as much as you need to until they return the funds. Tell them that if they don't return the funds immediately, you will request a fraud investigation from your bank.

Then, if they haven't returned the money after a few days, go to the bank and request a fraud investigation. EA should have NO permission to take funds without your direct consent. You should be able to feel confident that your money is safe. What if you were then short on an automatic withdrawn insurance payment or something else extremely important?  Companies like insurance companies will give zero fucks about reasons why your payments are late or were rejected.

My bank will not do a fraud investigation because it is such a small amount even though they think it is fraudulent. Still with that said this will get resolved and so far EA has been cooperative.

every company does this. gas stations even do it. Steam, Amazon, Best Buy, all do it when you pre order anything. Sometimes they do it multiple times a week until the game comes out.

everyone needs to put the pitchforks down. EA, a multinational and multimillion dollar corporation is not going to risk itself in court due to a class action lawsuit by a bunch of angry gamers over a bunch of fraudulent transactions of a buck ten.

But if you want to go to the bank and spend time and energy and the sometimes $30 fee for a stop payment over a matter of $7 then go ahead. I am just saying it is not worth it because EA is not going to tell you to F*** off and keep your $7.

I get 60 frames at 1080p on a dual core APU. Ask me how.

AMD FX 8350 CPU / R9 280X GPU / Asus M5A97 LE R 2.0 motherboard / 8GB Kingston HyperX Blue 1600 RAM / 128G OCZ Vertex 4 SSD / 256G Crucial SSD / 2T WD Black HDD / 1T Seagate Barracude HDD / Antec Earthwatts 650W PSU / Coolermaster HAF 922 Case

This is kinda hard to believe

How is it hard to believe we don't know why ea is doing it so.

How is it hard to believe we don't know why ea is doing it so.

they are doing it as a verification to make sure the funds are there because if they never check the accessibility of your funds then you might be able to buy stuff digitally and use a credit or debit card that has no funds on it and end up never paying it.

I get 60 frames at 1080p on a dual core APU. Ask me how.

AMD FX 8350 CPU / R9 280X GPU / Asus M5A97 LE R 2.0 motherboard / 8GB Kingston HyperX Blue 1600 RAM / 128G OCZ Vertex 4 SSD / 256G Crucial SSD / 2T WD Black HDD / 1T Seagate Barracude HDD / Antec Earthwatts 650W PSU / Coolermaster HAF 922 Case

every company does this. gas stations even do it. Steam, Amazon, Best Buy, all do it when you pre order anything. Sometimes they do it multiple times a week until the game comes out.

everyone needs to put the pitchforks down. EA, a multinational and multimillion dollar corporation is not going to risk itself in court due to a class action lawsuit by a bunch of angry gamers over a bunch of fraudulent transactions of a buck ten.

But if you want to go to the bank and spend time and energy and the sometimes $30 fee for a stop payment over a matter of $7 then go ahead. I am just saying it is not worth it because EA is not going to tell you to F*** off and keep your $7.

Can you understand the following statement ?  I ordered NOTHING from them ! They just took money.

1. dont add your email to things, you never know when a chinese man is going to hack you

:/

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.