AMD "capsaicin" event at GDC-AMD launches the Radeon Pro Duo(FuryX2)

7 minutes ago, Jahramika said:

You just cant add more interposer connection points to Fiji. I guess Polaris could have more connection points.

Interesting, but Nvidia will be using Micron's memory cubes, which specwise do look quite different.

33c3f6a749a25cf7.jpg

3077a86b18285257.jpg

That's kind of my point - You might not be able to add more interconnects with Fiji, but Polaris is an entirely new architecture and series of chips. If they knew they could design a solution, they would have had plenty of time to implement the new design into Polaris.

Personally though, I suspect we'll just see GDDR5X on the high end until HBM2 is ready to roll.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

27 minutes ago, Jahramika said:

Interesting, but Nvidia will be using Micron's memory cubes, which specwise do look quite different.

any source on this?

3 hours ago, MEC-777 said:

PCper Interview with Raja.

i like their idea about pushing multi GPU/Crossfire all the way down to fundamental college/university level. This means it will be much more used and refined over time.

Perhaps by doing this, someone somewhere can find a solution to the microstuttering by finding a new frame rendering algorithm

3 hours ago, Prysin said:

i like their idea about pushing multi GPU/Crossfire all the way down to fundamental college/university level. This means it will be much more used and refined over time.

Perhaps by doing this, someone somewhere can find a solution to the microstuttering by finding a new frame rendering algorithm

The Pro Duo (jeez, way to name a graphic card after a Sony SD Card, AMD! :P) already removes the cpu from the multi-gpu equation, with an onboard chip that allows the gpu dies to communicate directly. My guess is that this "new" method of multi-GPU communication will eliminate micro-stuttering.

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

That would be hilarious if Sony sued AMD for naming their product the same thing as their's. I'm not too sure how all that trademark stuff works, though, so perhaps it doesn't work that way???? (correct me if wrong)

Make sure to quote me or tag me when responding to me, or I might not know you replied! Examples:

Do this:

And make sure you do it by hitting the quote button at the bottom left of my post, and not the one inside the editor!

Or this:

@DocSwag

Buy whatever product is best for you, not what product is "best" for the market.

Interested in computer architecture? Still in middle or high school? P.M. me!

I love computer hardware and feel free to ask me anything about that (or phones). I especially like SSDs. But please do not ask me anything about Networking, programming, command line stuff, or any relatively hard software stuff. I know next to nothing about that.

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 6700k, CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3, Motherboard: MSI Z170a KRAIT GAMING, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 4x4gb DDR4-2666 MHz, Storage: SanDisk SSD Plus 240gb + OCZ Vertex 180 480 GB + Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM, Video Card: EVGA GTX 970 SSC, Case: Fractal Design Define S, Power Supply: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 650w Yay, Keyboard: Logitech G710+, Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum, Headphones: B&O H9i, Monitor: LG 29um67 (2560x1080 75hz freesync)

Home Server:

Spoiler

CPU: Pentium G4400, CPU Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: MSI h110l Pro Mini AC, RAM: Hyper X Fury DDR4 1x8gb 2133 MHz, Storage: PNY CS1311 120gb SSD + two Segate 4tb HDDs in RAID 1, Video Card: Does Intel Integrated Graphics count?, Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Power Supply: Seasonic 360w 80+ Gold, Keyboard+Mouse+Monitor: Does it matter?

Laptop (I use it for school):

Spoiler

Surface book 2 13" with an i7 8650u, 8gb RAM, 256 GB storage, and a GTX 1050

And if you're curious (or a stalker) I have a Just Black Pixel 2 XL 64gb

I'm just waiting to see if ASUS releases the ARES IV custom pcb Radeon Pro Duo. That would be awesome...

if i could afford it. xD

8 hours ago, zMeul said:

any source on this?

That article is like old Nvidia fan boy there is no cube memory now.

8 hours ago, Briggsy said:

The Pro Duo (jeez, way to name a graphic card after a Sony SD Card, AMD! :P) already removes the cpu from the multi-gpu equation, with an onboard chip that allows the gpu dies to communicate directly. My guess is that this "new" method of multi-GPU communication will eliminate micro-stuttering.

They are using a PLX chip. Same shit they did with the R9 295x2

3 hours ago, Prysin said:

They are using a PLX chip. Same shit they did with the R9 295x2

Yup, PLX chips have been used for years! My old 4870X2 had one as well.

P2143894_zps72fa7376.jpg

5950X | NH D15S | 64GB 3200Mhz | RTX 3090 | ASUS PG348Q+MG278Q