Jobs I can do for money

Bajantechnician

So im a 15 year old high school freshman(16 in august)

I want to make money and save for my dream car(2016/18/19,[preferably 2017/18) Camaro 2LT/1SS]

What are some jobs i can do? Candy selling is not permitted at school so thats out, im not old enough to get a job yet, my whole neighborhood pays for a lawnmower, not many dogs in my neighborhood, and such.

Having problems finding a source of money.

Thanks

Aren't there stores where you live? Stock shelves or be a cashier. They might not be glamorous jobs, but they pay.

When I was 16 I worked as a butcher at a slaughter house, so that might also be an option.  

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

Just now, Volbet said:

Aren't there stores where you live? Stock shelves or be a cashier. They might not be glamorous jobs, but they pay.

When I was 16 I worked as a butcher at a slaughter house, so that might also be an option.  

im 15 so i cant work yet. have to wait until august, but the way i figure, 5 months still makes a difference even if it is $500.

and no, no rural butcher shops in CA, USA

Just now, Bajantechnician said:

im 15 so i cant work yet. have to wait until august, but the way i figure, 5 months still makes a difference even if it is $500.

and no, no rural butcher shops in CA, USA

What about babysitting? Unless you're in Japan there should be plenty of kids around.

And what about delivering papers?

1 minute ago, Volbet said:

What about babysitting? Unless you're in Japan there should be plenty of kids around.

And what about delivering papers?

im in 'murica

delivering papers?

like newpapers?

LA Times got that covered themselves

Just now, Bajantechnician said:

im in 'murica

delivering papers?

like newpapers?

LA Times got that covered themselves

Yeah, newspapers. I refuse to believe that LA Times has a monopoly on newspapers in California. There has to be other newspapers out there.

I know newspapers are dying breed, but there are still people than want them delivered. 

Just now, Volbet said:

Yeah, newspapers. I refuse to believe that LA Times has a monopoly on newspapers in California. There has to be other newspapers out there.

I know newspapers are dying breed, but there are still people than want them delivered. 

my entire block doesnt have them anymore.

also OC papers is non existant now.

Also, here, its not really babysitter come over, its mostly, youre going to gramps house

damn people i wish i had a mindset like you have. here i am 19yrs old i'm still a burden to my mom hahaha.

Spoiler

PC: CPU: Ryzen 5 5600X @ Curve optimzer -25,  Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Chromax.Black, Motherboard: Asus Rog Strix B500-F Gaming WiFi II, GPU: Sapphire Nitro+ RX 7800XT @ Stock , RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 2x16GB DDR4 3600Mhz CL18, HDD: Western Digital Caviar Black 2TB, SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 250GB | Team Group MP33 1TB NVME, Case: NZXT H7 Flow Black, PSU: NZXT C1200  I Peripherals: Keyboard: Ducky Shine 6 RGB Special Edition, Mouse: Razer Orochi V2, Headset: Philips SHP9500, Mousepad: Glorious Stealth Extended I Laptop: MSI GS63VR Stealth Pro CPU: i7-6700HQ@ 2.6ghz, GPU: GTX 1060, Memory: 16GB DDR4 2400Mhz, HDD: 1TB+128GB SSD

1 minute ago, DND said:

damn people i wish i had a mindset like you have. here i am 19yrs old i'm still a burden to my mom hahaha.

I just really want a car you know?

wanna deck t out too, racing seats, roll cage, nos tanks i the trunk, install a turbocharge unit.

I know all this stuf cuz my brothers a car person.

But yeah.

Want money.

want to turn money to car

want more money.

want to turn more money to upgrades

alsi, if i get the 2LT, ill get my brother to help change the v6 to a v8, and ...... yeah

i don't think you're going to get anywhere close to a $26,000 car on $8 an hour at the age of 15 unless you want to work at mc donald's for like 3 years 

Just now, bogdanastan said:

i don't think you're going to get anywhere close to a $26,000 car on $8 an hour at the age of 15 unless you want to work at mc donald's for like 3 years 

which is why I want to start early.

also minimum wage is 10/hr

4 minutes ago, Bajantechnician said:

which is why I want to start early.

also minimum wage is 10/hr

at your age you will probably be given no more than 4 hour shifts considering you're actively going to school, 10 an hour, 4 hours a day, 5 days a week for a year is $9600, which also varies a lot so

good luck

Just now, bogdanastan said:

at your age you will probably be given no more than 4 hour shifts considering you're actively going to school, 10 an hour, 4 hours a day, 5 days a week for a year is $9600, which also varies a lot so

good luck

$9600x3=    $28800 + extra $2000 i have already

1 minute ago, Bajantechnician said:

$9600x3=    $28800 + extra $2000 i have already

problem is that's three years of mcdonald's and retail

Dumb idea but do you have any talent of some criteria. Example building something like  wood work or metal work.Even small things. Money is around you , All you have to do is think outside the box or get creative. spend a small amount to make a big amount.

(⌐■_■) 

8 minutes ago, Ridska said:

Dumb idea but do you have any talent of some criteria. Example building something like  wood work or metal work.Even small things. Money is around you , All you have to do is think outside the box or get creative. spend a small amount to make a big amount.

yeah

so,

HCL pills -$10
Ammonium Nitrate fertilizer $30

starting fluid -$6

AA Energizer Lithuim Batteries -$3

Red Devil brand Lye -$40\

water -$ 5

box Iodized Salt - $10

Liquid Fire brand drain opener -$10

mix, cook, 'n' serve

Total = $114

sell one gram for $5.

PROFIT

also, im not going to do this

please not call the cops,(again) I will not be cooking this

but.

hmm.

might make a machine that can recycle the rafting from a 3d print into new filiment.

gonn patent.

ideas patented. copyright infringement in effect now. lol

I can build pcs, not much else, because not enough tools or physical materials,

but not many people need actual custom build pcs

31 minutes ago, Bajantechnician said:

yeah

so,

HCL pills -$10

Ammonium Nitrate fertilizer $30

starting fluid -$6

AA Energizer Lithuim Batteries -$3

Red Devil brand Lye -$40\

water -$ 5

box Iodized Salt - $10

Liquid Fire brand drain opener -$10

mix, cook, 'n' serve

Total = $114

sell one gram for $5.

PROFIT

also, im not going to do this

please not call the cops,(again) I will not be cooking this

but.

hmm.

might make a machine that can recycle the rafting from a 3d print into new filiment.

gonn patent.

ideas patented. copyright infringement in effect now. lol

I can build pcs, not much else, because not enough tools or physical materials,

but not many people need actual custom build pcs

God damn it , When i said '' Think outside the box '' I did not mean do illegal shit. Example : If there is a game convention and they are giving free shit , Grab as much of that as you can. Wait for couple of days after the convention is over and sell them on ebay or sum shit.I got a box with bunch of MSI and Kingston swag and i will be planning to sell them soon.

(⌐■_■) 

Okay OP, let's be real for a second. You're not going to get a job at 16. Very few companies hire at that age, and the ones that do normally don't hire around that age. If you get a job, great, but the odds are against you. As for your car... First of all, I laugh. I remember a few years ago when I was your age thinking the same thing... It's not gonna happen, not at your age and not with the money you would be making. The argument that you save the $9600 or so every year for 3 years is absolute rubbish. You will spend that money. Every check you make you will spend in some way, shape, or form. Plus, shit happens, and when shit happens say goodbye to your savings. 

COMIC SANS

Online income is your best bet. My advise is either learn software development (really good money for you now and later on) or learn another online skill. If you have a skill that translates well online go market it on Fiverr, I used to do that for some side income and while I only made a few bucks on there, one of the people who hired me to help fix their server for $5 ended up hiring me for other jobs outside of Fiverr and I made considerably more ($XXX) per project with them until he sold his company a few months later (in all I made a few thousand dollars in 3 month and no taxes or anything).

-KuJoe

Also note that minimum wage brackets are age restricted. I doubt the $10 ph min wage applies to 16 year olds where you live - in the UK the full minimum wage doesn't apply until you are 21, and soon a new rate for 24.

Here in the UK, to start work at 16 you would have to go through a lot of training - voluntary work and unpaid work placements prior to being offered a paid job are the most common. I did meet a lot of 16-17 year olds working at the last place I just worked for though so it is possible, but not without starting out on unpaid work first, and also you would need to get interview training and be able to compete with more experienced mature applicants who are going to already know how to ace an interview.

So while it is hard, it's certainly not impossible. Personally for me, I was applying for basic retail work since 16, and didn't get hired until I was 20. I also had no clue about proper job search methods and my interview question answers were shit due to having no life or work experience to answer them with.

Compared to a person in the same situation, now I'm around 300x more likely to get a job because put in an interview with the skills and experience I've now gained and I win. But I'm just waiting patiently on my re employment offer at the company I just finished loads of temp work for, and am fine on my benefits until that happens (I don't want to work anywhere else as this place was great to me).

Linus is my fetish.

7 hours ago, Ridska said:

God damn it , When i said '' Think outside the box '' I did not mean do illegal shit. Example : If there is a game convention and they are giving free shit , Grab as much of that as you can. Wait for couple of days after the convention is over and sell them on ebay or sum shit.I got a box with bunch of MSI and Kingston swag and i will be planning to sell them soon.

conventions?

like pax?

and ces?

but thats in vegas, nv and im la, ca

5 hours ago, Bhav said:

Also note that minimum wage brackets are age restricted. I doubt the $10 ph min wage applies to 16 year olds where you live - in the UK the full minimum wage doesn't apply until you are 21, and soon a new rate for 24.

Here in the UK, to start work at 16 you would have to go through a lot of training - voluntary work and unpaid work placements prior to being offered a paid job are the most common. I did meet a lot of 16-17 year olds working at the last place I just worked for though so it is possible, but not without starting out on unpaid work first, and also you would need to get interview training and be able to compete with more experienced mature applicants who are going to already know how to ace an interview.

So while it is hard, it's certainly not impossible. Personally for me, I was applying for basic retail work since 16, and didn't get hired until I was 20. I also had no clue about proper job search methods and my interview question answers were shit due to having no life or work experience to answer them with.

Compared to a person in the same situation, now I'm around 300x more likely to get a job because put in an interview with the skills and experience I've now gained and I win. But I'm just waiting patiently on my re employment offer at the company I just finished loads of temp work for, and am fine on my benefits until that happens (I don't want to work anywhere else as this place was great to me).

Oh.

I see.

so minimum wage doesnt apply tto 16 year olds?

6 hours ago, KuJoe said:

Online income is your best bet. My advise is either learn software development (really good money for you now and later on) or learn another online skill. If you have a skill that translates well online go market it on Fiverr, I used to do that for some side income and while I only made a few bucks on there, one of the people who hired me to help fix their server for $5 ended up hiring me for other jobs outside of Fiverr and I made considerably more ($XXX) per project with them until he sold his company a few months later (in all I made a few thousand dollars in 3 month and no taxes or anything).

fiverr?

what did you do for them?

Minimum wage comes in age brackets in most jurisdictions.

Im not sure what it is exactly for 16 year olds in the UK, but its something like:

16-17 - £3 ph (guess)

18-20 - £4.50 ph (guess)

21-23 - £6.90 ph

24+ - £7.20 ph (from April this year)

Linus is my fetish.

17 hours ago, Bajantechnician said:

So im a 15 year old high school freshman(16 in august)

I want to make money and save for my dream car(2016/18/19,[preferably 2017/18) Camaro 2LT/1SS]

What are some jobs i can do? Candy selling is not permitted at school so thats out, im not old enough to get a job yet, my whole neighborhood pays for a lawnmower, not many dogs in my neighborhood, and such.

Having problems finding a source of money.

Thanks

In what part of the world are you?

If you're in central Africa you can try to dig up some diamonds for local warlords.

If you're in Mexico, you can become a drug mule.

EDIT- Nevermind, I've just read your post where you mention you're in the USA.

You should state that in your first post, you know.

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity"

- George Carlin (1937-2008)