Jobs I can do for money

Bajantechnician

i got a job at 15.. its hard as hell but possible, if you have a golf course or something ask if they need help setting up for parties if they have a hall and such or if they have a mens/womens night and need help in the kitchen, its what i did all last summer made about 1200$ doing it too. not a great job but start somewhere. 

Spoiler

The Ninja (current gaming pc)  Case- h440 red/black cpu- i5-4690k@ 4.3ghz cooler- coolermaster hyper 212 evo moboGigabyte z97x-sli ram- adata xpg v.1 2x4gb 1600mhz gpu- asus strix gtx 970 hdd- wd blue 1tb ssd- kingston hyperx savage 240gb psu- evga 600b peripherals: mouse- razer death adder 2013 keyboard- corsair k70 with chery mx-reds headset- HyperX Cloud 2

my laptop- toshiba satelite p850, cpu- i7-3630qm ram- 8gb 1600mhz hdd- 1tb 5400rpm gpu- Nvidia gt630m 2gb

did you know we have a gun thread ? well we do 

and a car thread ! 

Do you live nearish to any Golf or shooting ranges? Anything like that really, a cart boy or someone who keeps score for shooters can make some cash. You will probably make less then minimum wage, but some people tip. But as soon as you turn 16 Apply to every single fast food place and retail place in driving distance. Since you will be doing unskilled work the most important thing for them is that you are available for a shift and can drive yourself there. So does your family have a car that you can drive on a day to day basis for work?

Intel Pentium G3258, EVGA 750ti SC http://specr.me/show/658

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/fL93YJ
Surrounded by Mormons

3 hours ago, Bhav said:

Minimum wage comes in age brackets in most jurisdictions.

Im not sure what it is exactly for 16 year olds in the UK, but its something like:

16-17 - £3 ph (guess)

18-20 - £4.50 ph (guess)

21-23 - £6.90 ph

24+ - £7.20 ph (from April this year)

So..

approx how many hours would i need to work per day, for how long

ex; 5hr a day, for 3 years or so, if given that i work EVERY DAY

Thanks

25 minutes ago, Bajantechnician said:

So..

approx how many hours would i need to work per day, for how long

ex; 5hr a day, for 3 years or so, if given that i work EVERY DAY

Thanks

If you made 8 bucks an hour, and worked 6 hours 4days a week (common with part time HS Jobs) That is 384 a paycheck (Bi monthly). 25000/384=65ish. 65/2=32.5, that is about 2 and 3/4 years, assuming you never spend anything on stuff like food or movies (Which you will, I said i wouldnt but once you have money it is hard to not buy a drink or a ticket every now and then)

Intel Pentium G3258, EVGA 750ti SC http://specr.me/show/658

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/fL93YJ
Surrounded by Mormons

You should also consider that, since you're a young, male driver, and you would be picking up a "tricked out" performance vehicle, your insurance is going to be unimaginably expensive.

Also I don't know how kind California taxes are going to be on both income and sales tax.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

20 hours ago, Bajantechnician said:

$9600x3=    $28800 + extra $2000 i have already

your forgetting taxes. Take that 2k, invest it, and add too it every year. If you start at 15 it will start to add up to allot of money. Don't go blowing it all on a car you are going to crash.

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

Not old enough? I worked in a cafe washing dishes at 14 (minimum wage here kicks in at 16), but I was paid minimum anyway as it was an adult job. I've worked ever since (nearing 21) and I now earn $30NZD an hour, sometimes more depending on the client. Its all who you know, gotta hunt around and use your contacts.

Laptop: Asus GA502DU

RAM: 16GB DDR4 | CPU: Ryzen 3750H | GPU: GTX 1660ti

34 minutes ago, CommanderRykerHaunSolo said:

If you made 8 bucks an hour, and worked 6 hours 4days a week (common with part time HS Jobs) That is 384 a paycheck (Bi monthly). 25000/384=65ish. 65/2=32.5, that is about 2 and 3/4 years, assuming you never spend anything on stuff like food or movies (Which you will, I said i wouldnt but once you have money it is hard to not buy a drink or a ticket every now and then)

I dont watch movies.

but i do go out to eat, and blow money on girls.

lol

25 minutes ago, Suika said:

You should also consider that, since you're a young, male driver, and you would be picking up a "tricked out" performance vehicle, your insurance is going to be unimaginably expensive.

Also I don't know how kind California taxes are going to be on both income and sales tax.

Could i put in my parents name, and the insurance shold be less, since they have no recorded accidents where they were not at fault? ( someone drove into us)

11 minutes ago, bob345 said:

your forgetting taxes. Take that 2k, invest it, and add too it every year. If you start at 15 it will start to add up to allot of money. Don't go blowing it all on a car you are going to crash.

saving since i was in 4th grade, so 5 years ago, saved 6k so far

So my brother is a manager at fiat, and he bought a 2002 audi v6 with turbocharge that was REALLY fucked up.

engine belt timing was off, computers all got burnt out.

spent early 8k on it.

He did say he bough that car, because that is THE car,(model) that got him started in cars, and thats how he got to where he was.

ill tell the entire story if u wanna know.

3 minutes ago, Rangaman42 said:

Not old enough? I worked in a cafe washing dishes at 14 (minimum wage here kicks in at 16), but I was paid minimum anyway as it was an adult job. I've worked ever since (nearing 21) and I now earn $30NZD an hour, sometimes more depending on the client. Its all who you know, gotta hunt around and use your contacts.

i see.

So basicly look in deiiferent places for jobs?

Just now, Bajantechnician said:

i see.

So basicly look in deiiferent places for jobs?

Pretty much, see who you know. Know a guy who works in a shop? Get him to let you know when something comes up, maybe put in a good word. Know someone who runs a business/department? See if they have work you can do. It may only be a one off the first time, but if they're impressed, they'll think of you next time they need something done.

6 minutes ago, Rangaman42 said:

Pretty much, see who you know. Know a guy who works in a shop? Get him to let you know when something comes up, maybe put in a good word. Know someone who runs a business/department? See if they have work you can do. It may only be a one off the first time, but if they're impressed, they'll think of you next time they need something done.

My friend owns a dolphin bay restaurant,

the mayor personally know me, and he owns a aerospace corp in norcal.

my moms close friend works at a big corp

logo looks like this

I><I

H/N- something, something, something

4 letetrs

Just now, Bajantechnician said:

My friend owns a dolphin bay restaurant,

the mayor personally know me, and he owns a aerospace corp in norcal.

my moms close friend works at a big corp

logo looks like this

I><I

H/N- something, something, something

4 letetrs

Those sound like good places to start. Ask them if there's anything you can do, even little one off things. Make sure they know you're available for work. As an aside, having the mayor as a reference when you apply for jobs will be a big help ;)

33 minutes ago, Rangaman42 said:

Those sound like good places to start. Ask them if there's anything you can do, even little one off things. Make sure they know you're available for work. As an aside, having the mayor as a reference when you apply for jobs will be a big help ;)

Well.

the thing is..

he personally KNEW me, but im not sure if he still remebers me,since the last time i talked to him was 1+ 1/2 to 1/4 years ago.

but yeah....

*asks for college recomendation letter*

gets be into UCLB (thats where i wanna go, im fine with uc)

teacher gives F

gets mayor to write letter, boosts Engish A into Asian A

lol

(me being asian)

5 hours ago, killcomic said:

In what part of the world are you?

If you're in central Africa you can try to dig up some diamonds for local warlords.

If you're in Mexico, you can become a drug mule.

EDIT- Nevermind, I've just read your post where you mention you're in the USA.

You should state that in your first post, you know.

:/

warlords

ready, aim, fire!!!

5 hours ago, Midnitewarrior4 said:

i got a job at 15.. its hard as hell but possible, if you have a golf course or something ask if they need help setting up for parties if they have a hall and such or if they have a mens/womens night and need help in the kitchen, its what i did all last summer made about 1200$ doing it too. not a great job but start somewhere. 

no gold courses in the nearest 10 miles.

dont know what a mens/womans night is

4 hours ago, CommanderRykerHaunSolo said:

Do you live nearish to any Golf or shooting ranges? Anything like that really, a cart boy or someone who keeps score for shooters can make some cash. You will probably make less then minimum wage, but some people tip. But as soon as you turn 16 Apply to every single fast food place and retail place in driving distance. Since you will be doing unskilled work the most important thing for them is that you are available for a shift and can drive yourself there. So does your family have a car that you can drive on a day to day basis for work?

nearest shooting range is 15 miles.

fast food place?

yes i got my bothers 2002 audi.

gonna try getting permit next month.

he said that if i crash it, hell kill me, if im not aready dead from the crash , becasue he spent a fortune on a 14 year old car

3 hours ago, Rangaman42 said:

The worst thing about such jobs is when they ask you 'do you enjoy it'?  When they asked me that while I was working in the cafe, my response was 'well I don't mind doing this, I'm just more interested in wanting to continue work at a (company) store doing anything as I like working for them'.

(I don't mention the company because rule 26 about the internet - don't tell people about your whole life).

Linus is my fetish.

10 minutes ago, Bhav said:

The worst thing about such jobs is when they ask you 'do you enjoy it'?  When they asked me that while I was working in the cafe, my response was 'well I don't mind doing this, I'm just more interested in wanting to continue work at a (company) store doing anything as I like working for them'.

(I don't mention the company because rule 26 about the internet - don't tell people about your whole life).

rule 27, unless you dont have your name ANYWERE, nad you use vpns.

for example, i im a male stripper , and my nicknames night rider.

/s

however, theres a girl in my class who says shes going to become a stripper, and her nickname IS night nider.

fkin nasty shit

what should i answer to do you enjoy it?

15 hours ago, Bajantechnician said:

no golf courses in the nearest 10 miles.

dont know what a mens/womans night is

well then thats out, and mens/womens night is a night that goldf courses set up for a guys night out or girls night out to go golfing then come back to the club house and have a nice meal and drinks and such

Spoiler

The Ninja (current gaming pc)  Case- h440 red/black cpu- i5-4690k@ 4.3ghz cooler- coolermaster hyper 212 evo moboGigabyte z97x-sli ram- adata xpg v.1 2x4gb 1600mhz gpu- asus strix gtx 970 hdd- wd blue 1tb ssd- kingston hyperx savage 240gb psu- evga 600b peripherals: mouse- razer death adder 2013 keyboard- corsair k70 with chery mx-reds headset- HyperX Cloud 2

my laptop- toshiba satelite p850, cpu- i7-3630qm ram- 8gb 1600mhz hdd- 1tb 5400rpm gpu- Nvidia gt630m 2gb

and a car thread ! 

13 hours ago, Bhav said:

yup i know the feeling

Spoiler

and a car thread !