Microsoft announces closure of Lionhead Studios

1 hour ago, Lazmarr said:

Fable legends was/is an amazing game. The beta has been so fun and would've made an excellent F2P game or even as an ordinary game for ~£50.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this a Asymmetrical Multiplayer game?

Does Fable Legends have a single player component? A campaign/story that can be played solo (to clarify: That is fun to play solo - eg: Borderlands could be played solo, but was significantly better as co-op)?

I have zero interest in a multiplayer Fable game - while many do, and I kinda feel like Microsoft is making a mistake with Legends, but I couldn't personally care less, unless they made a Fable 4 (With the Fable 2 UI).

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

3 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

Does Fable Legends have a single player component? A campaign/story that can be played solo (to clarify: That is fun to play solo - eg: Borderlands could be played solo, but was significantly better as co-op)?

I have zero interest in a multiplayer Fable game - while many do, and I kinda feel like Microsoft is making a mistake with Legends, but I couldn't personally care less, unless they made a Fable 4 (With the Fable 2 UI).

Can't really go into detail but it's a third person game with some isometrical elements and I do believe it can be played single player as there does seem to be a story to it but it is significantly better with more people.

Gaming PC: Case: NZXT Phantom 820 Black | PSU: XFX 750w PRO Black Edition 80Plus Gold (Platinum) | CPU: Intel Core i5 4690K | CPU Cooler: BE QUIET! Dark Rock Pro 2 | MB: ASUS Sabertooth Z97 Mark S | RAM: 24GB Kingston HyperX and Corsair Vengeance 1866MHz | GPU: MSI R9 280X 3G | SSD: Samsung 840 Evo 250GB | HDD: 9TB Total | Keyboard: K70 RGB Brown | Mouse: R.A.T MMO7

Laptop: HP Envy 15-j151sa | 1920x1080 60HZ LED | APU: AMD A10-5750M 2.5GHZ - 3.5GHZ | 8GB DDR3 1600mhz | GPU: AMD  HD 8650G + 8750M Dual Graphics | 1TB SSHD

the sudden news really shocked me. really wasn't expecting it. Wasn't this game also one of the games that would show off crossplay between PC and the Xbox One? 

also a reminder that people in the beta should still observe their NDAs,  just in case. 

I got Fable 3 (and Halo Reach) with my Xbox 360S Holiday Bundle back in 2011 and I had quite enjoyed Fable 3 though my disc has been unplayable for at least 2 years but if I guess I'll keep my 360 and look out for a used copy of Fable 3 just because it wasn't a bad game.

RIP Lionhead Studios.

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

WTF! Wasn't Fable Legends like a massive thing when the Xbone released or one of the e3 events? I thought it was going to be like the first true multi-platform game for Xbone and PC.

11 hours ago, dalekphalm said:

Agreed!

For me at least, Fable 1 and Fable 2 were excellent games and definitely right up there. I too wouldn't be interested in a multiplayer, it just wouldn't feel right.

System/Server Administrator - Networking - Storage - Virtualization - Scripting - Applications

19 hours ago, zMeul said:

wait .. wasn't this game the one supposed to use Async Compute ?!

Yes.

14 hours ago, GoodBytes said:

I don't get Microsoft on this one. Granted that the last games from the studio wasn't pushing sales. But say I was interested in a console. If the XBox One had everything that the PS4 has, and the PS4 has exclusive games because Sony has studios, why would I pick the XBox One?

They should hiring greater talent, to make more compelling games that pushes sales.

Xbox One will soon be killed off and they will use the Windows Store Plus a Windows 10 UI to make a PC but branded as an Xbox.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

I am very sad to see them go, Black and White was a huge part of my early childhood. Around 2009 I also got to pick up Fable 2 and it was amazing, so expansive and immersive. Fable 3 was meh, not complete garbage, but not my favourite by far. In Fable 3 they tried to dumb down a lot of the system to make it more user friendly and it only backfired to make it just seem basic and empty.

4 hours ago, AluminiumTech said:

Yes.

Xbox One will soon be killed off and they will use the Windows Store Plus a Windows 10 UI to make a PC but branded as an Xbox.

I'm really not seeing it, the Xbox One is the fastest selling console in Microsoft history 

Intel i5-3570K/ Gigabyte GTX 1080/ Asus PA248Q/ Sony MDR-7506/MSI Z77A-G45/ NHD-14/Samsung 840 EVO 256GB+ Seagate Barracuda 3TB/ 16GB HyperX Blue 1600MHZ/  750w PSU/ Corsiar Carbide 500R

2 hours ago, Inkz said:

I am very sad to see them go, Black and White was a huge part of my early childhood. Around 2009 I also got to pick up Fable 2 and it was amazing, so expansive and immersive. Fable 3 was meh, not complete garbage, but not my favourite by far. In Fable 3 they tried to dumb down a lot of the system to make it more user friendly and it only backfired to make it just seem basic and empty.

The Map in Fable 3 is anything but dumbed down. It's actually retardedly complicated and annoying to use. One of the biggest reasons I hated Fable 3. The story was alright (Not amazing like Fable 2, but still passable), and actual combat and movement mechanics were much the same, so good. The in-game world was pretty interesting, but the UI really let me down in Fable 3.

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

So definitely no Black & White 3 then :(

My Build:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 4770k GPU: GTX 780 Direct CUII Motherboard: Asus Maximus VI Hero SSD: 840 EVO 250GB HDD: 2xSeagate 2 TB PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 650W

29 minutes ago, Sharkyx1 said:

I'm really not seeing it, the Xbox One is the fastest selling console in Microsoft history 

I was going to call you out on this...  but fuck. You're actually right.

While the XBOX 360 did sell ~40 Million consoles total, they did so over what. 7-8 years?

XBOX One came out in November 2013. It's now March 2016, so it's been ~2 years and a bit (2.25 years roughly).

http://vgsales.wikia.com/wiki/Xbox_One

Microsoft has sold ~18 Million XBOX One consoles (18 Million units "activated", meaning plugged in and connected to the internet), as of January 2016.

XBOX 360 came out in November 2005. 2.25 years later would put us right about 2008 Q1.

http://vgsales.wikia.com/wiki/Xbox_360

Because they measure this stuff in Fiscal Years (which don't necessarily line up with chronological years), March 31st, 2008 would actually be 2007 Q3 fiscal year. By March 31st, 2008, the XBOX 360 has sold 11.6 Million Units.

So in the same timeframe from release, the XBOX One has sold 6.4 MILLION more consoles compared to the "extremely successful" XBOX 360.

Kind of blows your mind, doesn't? Yet people keep calling the XBOX One a "failure". Granted, the PS4 is kicking ass, but that's entirely a different scenario (Side note: The PS4 is outselling the PS3 in the same timeframe by ~13 million units as well - the "current gen" consoles are kicking ass, sales wise, both XBO and PS4).

so...

the "nvidia" game "fable legends" that can run "DX 12" is now "pure crap"

then... 

i wonder whats going on here ? ? ? 9_9