Original iPhone and iPod touch

Kornos808

I have the original iPhone 1st generation and it still looks in amazing condition as well as the first generation ipod but I lost the boxes for them both do you think In a few years they will be worth a lot of money as a collectors item??

4 minutes ago, Comic_Sans_MS said:

No. Maybe in 15 years? Maybe?

Then again, all bar the earliest Apple products don't hold their value due to how many are made and sold.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

5 minutes ago, Kornos808 said:

I have the original iPhone 1st generation and it still looks in amazing condition as well as the first generation ipod but I lost the boxes for them both do you think In a few years they will be worth a lot of money as a collectors item??

without the boxes it might take longer i know it might be cheating but have you considered looking for a replacement boxes say on ebay? 

I lurk a lot

8 minutes ago, Kornos808 said:

They are worth about £100 ish on eBay right now. Can get more for them with the box plus all accessories.

iPod Touch isn't as expensive though. The general hype for iPod Touches has fallen quite a bit. 

1 minute ago, peej said:

without the boxes it might take longer i know it might be cheating but have you considered looking for a replacement boxes say on ebay? 

There's defo boxes on eBay. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

Possibly! yeah. Like you can sell it after 20 years. 

If the product is produced in limited numbers, it would attract the collectors. After 20 years, many original iPhone will be discarded and put for recycling.

So if you can hold the phone for that amount of time, it'll be worth.

Intel Core i3 2100 @ 3.10GHz - Intel Stock Cooler - Zotac Geforce GT 610 2GB Synergy Edition

Intel DH61WW - Corsair® Value Select 4GBx1 DDR3 1600 MHz - Antec BP-300P PSU

WD Green 1TB - Seagate 2.5" HDD 1TB - Seagate Barracuda 500GB - Antec X1 E.

Just now, DildorTheDecent said:

They are worth about £100 ish on eBay right now. Can get more for them with the box plus all accessories.

iPod Touch isn't as expensive though. The general hype for iPod Touches has fallen quite a bit. 

There's defo boxes on eBay. 

yeah thought so

I lurk a lot

If you look at good selling electronic devices from years ago, no. But I am not a psychic.

For example, if you look at Nintendo's old console you will see a pattern of them not being super valuable. NES and SNES systems still sell for like.. I dunno, 30-50 dollars. 

Same for 95% of old consoles. Only stuff that is still valuable is stuff like the TurboGrafx 16 or VisualBoy. Consoles that really did not sell well, so have become collectible. 

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

If it's in mint, pristine condition, hang onto it. If it's used and scuffed forget about it.