[UPDATED - Gears Release]Microsoft promises to improve Windows Store for Games, denies SLI is disabled

13 minutes ago, RagnarokDel said:

SLI and Crossfire doesnt work unless you're in fullscreen... (at least on my 7990 it doesnt)

Microsoft here is claiming the version of the game put on the Windows Store doesn't support it. They say it's not a limitation of the Windows store but the fault of ROTTR devs.

i7 6700K - ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger - Corsair H110i GT CPU Cooler - EVGA GTX 980 Ti ACX2.0+ SC+ - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000MHz - Samsung 850 EVO 500GB - AX760i - Corsair 450D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

i7 3770K - H110 Corsair CPU Cooler - ASUS P8Z77 V-PRO - GTX 980 Reference - 16GB HyperX Beast 1600MHz - Intel 240GB SSD - HX750i - Corsair 750D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

2 hours ago, Ashaira said:

those aren't even necessary if you have even a tiny bit of experience with pc games.

GFE offers recording, Raptr too

some people might have a hard time properly configuring OBS, if that will still work with DX12

GFE also offers streaming to a nVidia SHIELD device

7 hours ago, PerfectTemplar said:

Oh, have you played these unreleased titles that have only been announced? Didn't realise. Thanks for your insight.. /s

@EChondo Pretty much hit the nail on the head. We have a good long history of M$ going full-retard when it comes to PC gaming. They don't like PC Gaming, because they won't ever make as much money off of it as they do with console gaming. Which is why you can bet money that even if they do bring all their exclusives to PC, they won't run any better than they do on console. Why? Because that would basically make the console redundant.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

5 minutes ago, zMeul said:

GFE offers recording, Raptr too

some people might have a hard time properly configuring OBS, if that will still work with DX12

GFE also offers streaming to a nVidia SHIELD device

I use Nvidia's recording function (no longer Shadowplay in beta Experience, it's Share or some shit). It's so much better than the built in Xbox/Windows recording feature that can only do 720p 30fps.

i7 6700K - ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger - Corsair H110i GT CPU Cooler - EVGA GTX 980 Ti ACX2.0+ SC+ - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000MHz - Samsung 850 EVO 500GB - AX760i - Corsair 450D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

i7 3770K - H110 Corsair CPU Cooler - ASUS P8Z77 V-PRO - GTX 980 Reference - 16GB HyperX Beast 1600MHz - Intel 240GB SSD - HX750i - Corsair 750D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

36 minutes ago, RagnarokDel said:

SLI and Crossfire doesnt work unless you're in fullscreen... (at least on my 7990 it doesnt)

Oh come on, there's been some massive changes at Microsoft since the CEO change. Dont be a hater.

SLI & GSync works in all versions of Windowed mode, Crossfire & Freesync however does not.

5950X | NH D15S | 64GB 3200Mhz | RTX 3090 | ASUS PG348Q+MG278Q

This is actually a repost, as there was an update here:

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/555406-windows-store-games-wont-have-vsync-off-slicrossfire-fullscreen-or-modding/

But the news post is well written I feel too bad locking it. We need more news posts like this.

I guess if you guys want it lock, let me know.

4 hours ago, PerfectTemplar said:

I use Nvidia's recording function (no longer Shadowplay in beta Experience, it's Share or some shit). It's so much better than the built in Xbox/Windows recording feature that can only do 720p 30fps.

I can do more than 720p 30fps.

6 hours ago, Dabombinable said:

I thought the GFWL was just a way to push Vista? And since most computers weren't powerful enough, and most OEM didn't seem to get the memo that it wasn't XP, it got a bad rap, meaning that anything associated with it didn't succeed (though I do miss the Windows Vista Ultimate games-still don't know why they couldn't be brought forward to Windows 7, and the same goes for the user friendly install process that was only in Vista).

I had a powerful computer with vista, and Vista was really nice.  Gfwl was still terrible.  The signin never worked, saving games to the cloud was broken about 50% of the time, destroying your progress continually, the overlay would pop up randomly and interrupt you for no reason, and the compatibility was junk, causing random crashes in games.

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

Yea, GFWL was awful.

It was only working fine, if you have 1 game. Nothing else on your system, and the game just got released where you have the latest version of GFWL included on disk. It is the only time that it worked fine.

If not, you would often be stuck in infinite update loop, or the game doesn't work, because an older or newer version is needed, but another game doesn't like that it has an older or newer version.

4 hours ago, Yoinkerman said:

I had a powerful computer with vista, and Vista was really nice.  Gfwl was still terrible.  The signin never worked, saving games to the cloud was broken about 50% of the time, destroying your progress continually, the overlay would pop up randomly and interrupt you for no reason, and the compatibility was junk, causing random crashes in games.

Must be why Halo 2 works for me without issues then. Its my only game that requires it.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

13 hours ago, Valentyn said:

...GSync works in all versions of Windowed mode....

Only if Vsync is disabled AFAIK...

Spartan 1.0

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor

CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 120XL 86.2 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler

Motherboard: Asus Maximus VI Extreme ATX LGA1150 Motherboard
Memory: Corsair Dominator 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory
Storage: OCZ Vector Series 512GB 2.5" Solid State Drive
Storage: Seagate Desktop HDD 4TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive

Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 980 4GB Classified ACX 2.0 Video Card
Case: Thermaltake Urban S41 ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: Corsair 1200W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply
Optical Drive: LG BH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer
Optical Drive: LG BH10LS30 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Sound Card: Creative Labs ZXR 24-bit 192 KHz Sound Card
Monitor: 2x Asus VG278HE 27.0" 144Hz Monitor
Keyboard: Logitech G19s Wired Gaming Keyboard
Keyboard: Razer Orbweaver Elite Mechanical Gaming Keypad Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech G700s Wireless Laser Mouse
Headphones: Creative Labs EVO ZxR 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Creative Labs GigaWorks T40 Series II 32W 2ch Speakers

Hades 1.0

Spoiler

Laptop: Dell Alienware 15 2015

CPU: i7-4720HQ CPU

Memory: 16GB DDR3 SODIMM RAM

Storage: 256GB M.2 SSD

Storage: 1TB 5400rpm 2.5" HDD

Screen: 15.6" FHD Display

Video Card: Nvidia GTX 970M with 3GB

Operating System: Windows 10 Pro

Project: Spartan 1.2 PLEASE SUPPORT ME NEW CHANNEL > Tech Inquisition

Just now, GidonsClaw said:

Only if Vsync is disabled AFAIK...

G-Sync caps you at the monitor refresh rate anyway. :)

Just now, Valentyn said:

G-Sync caps you at the monitor refresh rate anyway. :)

Actually, the lower of either the screen refresh or card fps...

Spartan 1.0

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor

CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 120XL 86.2 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler

Motherboard: Asus Maximus VI Extreme ATX LGA1150 Motherboard
Memory: Corsair Dominator 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory
Storage: OCZ Vector Series 512GB 2.5" Solid State Drive
Storage: Seagate Desktop HDD 4TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive

Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 980 4GB Classified ACX 2.0 Video Card
Case: Thermaltake Urban S41 ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: Corsair 1200W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply
Optical Drive: LG BH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer
Optical Drive: LG BH10LS30 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Sound Card: Creative Labs ZXR 24-bit 192 KHz Sound Card
Monitor: 2x Asus VG278HE 27.0" 144Hz Monitor
Keyboard: Logitech G19s Wired Gaming Keyboard
Keyboard: Razer Orbweaver Elite Mechanical Gaming Keypad Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech G700s Wireless Laser Mouse
Headphones: Creative Labs EVO ZxR 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Creative Labs GigaWorks T40 Series II 32W 2ch Speakers

Hades 1.0

Spoiler

Laptop: Dell Alienware 15 2015

CPU: i7-4720HQ CPU

Memory: 16GB DDR3 SODIMM RAM

Storage: 256GB M.2 SSD

Storage: 1TB 5400rpm 2.5" HDD

Screen: 15.6" FHD Display

Video Card: Nvidia GTX 970M with 3GB

Operating System: Windows 10 Pro

Project: Spartan 1.2 PLEASE SUPPORT ME NEW CHANNEL > Tech Inquisition

Just now, GidonsClaw said:

Actually, the lower of either the screen refresh or card fps...

That's not "capping" it then;it'll match what my system can output, until I get near cap in which case it never goes over 144hz.

Updated post with new information regarding the state of the Windows Store. The latest release (unexpected to be a day after their original claims to improve) has been disastrous. I really am wondering what the point of this was now, even after I gave them the benefit of the doubt (and I am sure many of us did) they give us this PoS..

Nvidia release new drivers for the game.

I guess AMD needs to do the same.

But it looks like your traditional crappy console to PC port. It is a shame that Microsoft sold all (almost) its studios. Now the small studios using the game name IP, do crap work.

1 hour ago, GoodBytes said:

Nvidia release new drivers for the game.

I guess AMD needs to do the same.

But it looks like your tradition crappy console to PC port. It is a shame that Microsoft sold all (almost) its studios. Now the small studios using the game name IP, do crap work.

It really is disappointing, if they do intend to release Gears 4 on PC it better be a good port. Although the fact they didn't even advertise this game coming out today indicates they knew it was going to be broken..

Micro$oft's DX12 and their new WDDM pipeline is to blame. And these issues cannot be "fixed". It's the way it works. In a closed M$ environment. Miro$oft has turned into this ugly monopolistic control-everything abomination.

Btw I was trying to find a discussion about this here on LTT. Particularly about Ryan's excellent analysis on the situation, but I couldn't find one.

HARDWARE INTERRUPT MOTHAF#%A!
WINDOWS 10 = adware, driven by spyware

7 hours ago, Astralify said:

Micro$oft's DX12 and their new WDDM pipeline is to blame. And these issues cannot be "fixed". It's the way it works. In a closed M$ environment. Miro$oft has turned into this ugly monopolistic control-everything abomination.

Btw I was trying to find a discussion about this here on LTT. Particularly about Ryan's excellent analysis on the situation, but I couldn't find one.

If you wanted to create a general discussion around the platform and be less specific and formal about it I suggest creating a thread over at PC Gaming if there isn't already one. I totally agree with your point though, this latest Gears of War release has made it very clear they don't understand that creating an extremely closed environment causes these issues and frustrates developers as well as consumers. If they really mean to support PC Gaming, they need to have a more open source platform.

12 minutes ago, PerfectTemplar said:

If you wanted to create a general discussion around the platform and be less specific and formal about it I suggest creating a thread over at PC Gaming if there isn't already one. I totally agree with your point though, this latest Gears of War release has made it very clear they don't understand that creating an extremely closed environment causes these issues and frustrates developers as well as consumers. If they really mean to support PC Gaming, they need to have a more open source platform.

Steam isn't open source at all, and it is doing well. And Steam didn't became Steam on day 1. It was complete utter shit, and hated by all gamers. An ecosystem takes time to build. You can't just make a conclusion out of a baby step. We have to see at the long run, and NOW and only THEN you can draw a conclusion.

2 minutes ago, GoodBytes said:

Steam isn't open source at all, and it is doing well.

Steam doesn't require games to implement Steamworks to be on the platform. So in a sense it's more open than the Windows Store. However, I see your point. It isn't open source technically.

2 minutes ago, PerfectTemplar said:

Steam doesn't require games to implement Steamworks to be on the platform. So in a sense it's more open than the Windows Store. However, I see your point. It isn't open source technically.

Developers needs to implement Steamworks to make it work, and must have the game adapted for it. The only advantage that Steamworks offers, over manual implementation, is that the sharing of mods in 1 location, which is with the game page location on Steam, and a 1 click solution to get and install. With Microsoft Store,  the game devs needs to build that infrastructure if it needs 1 location for mods, and it can't be with the Store. It will be on some website that people need to find, download, extract files, put it somewhere and import it in the game via the game. Nothing that can't be built on Microsoft side. I highly doubt , personally, that this will come with Redstone 1 update, but maybe Redstone 2. I think we can all agree, Microsoft has A LOT of work to be done.

Unless you really want a specific game, (or you have it free because you the game on PC happen to come free with the same game on XBox One for cross play), and you care about the power and benefits of Steam, I would avoid the Microsoft store until many months from now, at least until things starts to shape up into a direction... maybe wait more for a more complete experience, while most likely still missing features like a Steamworks-like system (let alone a good one).

Sounds like all or most of that "sensationalized" article posted the other day is mostly true. Vsync locked on no matter what and no true full-screen mode (which also possibly locks out CF/SLI functionality). 

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

Woodland Raven: Ryzen 2700X // AMD Wraith RGB // Asus Prime X570-P // G.Skill 2x 8GB 3600MHz DDR4 // Radeon RX Vega 56 // Crucial P1 NVMe 1TB M.2 SSD // Deepcool DQ650-M // chassis build in progress // Windows 10 // Thrustmaster TMX + G27 pedals & shifter

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

FX-8350 // Deepcool Neptwin // MSI 970 Gaming // AData 2x 4GB 1600 DDR3 // 2x Gigabyte RX-570 4G's // Samsung 840 120GB SSD // Cooler Master V650 // Windows 10

HTPC:

Spoiler

SNES PC (HTPC): i3-4150 @3.5 // Gigabyte GA-H87N-Wifi // G.Skill 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 // Asus Dual GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC // AData SP600 128GB SSD // Pico 160XT PSU // Custom SNES Enclosure // 55" LG LED 1080p TV  // Logitech wireless touchpad-keyboard // Windows 10 // Build Log

Laptops:

Spoiler

MY DAILY: Lenovo ThinkPad T410 // 14" 1440x900 // i5-540M 2.5GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD iGPU + Quadro NVS 3100M 512MB dGPU // 2x4GB DDR3L 1066 // Mushkin Triactor 480GB SSD // Windows 10

WIFE'S: Dell Latitude E5450 // 14" 1366x768 // i5-5300U 2.3GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD5500 // 2x4GB RAM DDR3L 1600 // 500GB 7200 HDD // Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon

EXPERIMENTAL: Pinebook // 11.6" 1080p // Manjaro KDE (ARM)

NAS:

Spoiler

Home NAS: Pentium G4400 @3.3 // Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 // 2x 4GB DDR4 2400 // Intel HD Graphics // Kingston A400 120GB SSD // 3x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 HDDs in RAID-Z // Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w PSU // Antec Performance Plus 1080AMG // FreeNAS OS

On 01/03/2016 at 1:55 AM, PerfectTemplar said:

Well this is in relation to the new Windows 10 store. I don't see your point. They're actually delivering on their promise to bring more games to PC.

ReCore, Gears of War, Quantum Break, Fable Legends are the recent announcements.

This is them saying that the reports that they are not going to support SLI or V-sync toggle among other features is not true.

Don't forget killier instinct and killer instinct 2 that are coming to PC.

Gaming PC: Case: NZXT Phantom 820 Black | PSU: XFX 750w PRO Black Edition 80Plus Gold (Platinum) | CPU: Intel Core i5 4690K | CPU Cooler: BE QUIET! Dark Rock Pro 2 | MB: ASUS Sabertooth Z97 Mark S | RAM: 24GB Kingston HyperX and Corsair Vengeance 1866MHz | GPU: MSI R9 280X 3G | SSD: Samsung 840 Evo 250GB | HDD: 9TB Total | Keyboard: K70 RGB Brown | Mouse: R.A.T MMO7

Laptop: HP Envy 15-j151sa | 1920x1080 60HZ LED | APU: AMD A10-5750M 2.5GHZ - 3.5GHZ | 8GB DDR3 1600mhz | GPU: AMD  HD 8650G + 8750M Dual Graphics | 1TB SSHD