IE11 is a different n

qwertywarrior

hi guys

i started using IE11 preview for windows 7

and i have to say its much smoother than any browser ive used

can any one relate ?

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

I think Internet Explorer is a perfectly capable browser. However, I do use chrome as my default browser because i have my 49ers theme on it.

IE is good as a secondary browser for compatibility as well because sometime Chrome doesn't work on some pages.

Delltopia

Case & Mobo: Stock Dell Optiplex 7010, CPU: i5 3470, RAM: 16gb 1333 DDR3 (1x8gb Corsair Vengence, 2x4gb Random), GPU: Diamond Radeon HD 7970,

PSU: EVGA GQ 650W, SSD: Kingston v300 128gb (OS), HDD: 700gb Seagate 7200rpm (Storage)

It's decent but a browser like Chrome has so many possible add ons and customization.

Dem toolbars though.

f3ae1d53a8f5e2e936a96e7fbcdf1ed8.png

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

hi guys

i started using IE11 preview for windows 7

and i have to say its much smoother than any browser ive used

can any one relate ?

my opinion, just my opinion, is that open source browsers are the best because you can customize them better. I use Firefox because I have about 20 addons for it and I could not do that with IE. But IE is not a POS to me because my mom uses it and she needs a browser that will hold her hand while navigating. I think IE delivers on that.

I get 60 frames at 1080p on a dual core APU. Ask me how.

AMD FX 8350 CPU / R9 280X GPU / Asus M5A97 LE R 2.0 motherboard / 8GB Kingston HyperX Blue 1600 RAM / 128G OCZ Vertex 4 SSD / 256G Crucial SSD / 2T WD Black HDD / 1T Seagate Barracude HDD / Antec Earthwatts 650W PSU / Coolermaster HAF 922 Case

IMO IE is bad/different enough, at least in terms of web development, that everyone's life would be better if we all stopped using IE.  I challenge someone to give me a good reason to use IE as a daily use browser, (I currently will ONLY use IE to test web designs, becuase IE doesn't handle everything the same as other browsers do.)

Desktop: Intel Core i7-6700K, ASUS Z170-A, ASUS STRIX GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4 RAM, 512 GB Samsund 840 Pro, Seasonic X series 650W PSU, Fractal Design Define R4, 2x5TB HDD

Hypervisor 1: Intel Xeon E5-2630L, ASRock EPC612D8, 16GB DDR4 ECC RAM, Intel RT3WB080 8-port RAID controller plus expansion card, Norco RPC-4020 case, 20x2TB WD Red HDD

Other spare hypervisors: Dell Poweredge 2950, HP Proliant DL380 G5

Laptops: ThinkPads, lots of ThinkPads

my opinion, just my opinion, is that open source browsers are the best because you can customize them better. I use Firefox because I have about 20 addons for it and I could not do that with IE. But IE is not a POS to me because my mom uses it and she needs a browser that will hold her hand while navigating. I think IE delivers on that.

How does IE "hold [your] hand"?

Desktop: Intel Core i7-6700K, ASUS Z170-A, ASUS STRIX GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4 RAM, 512 GB Samsund 840 Pro, Seasonic X series 650W PSU, Fractal Design Define R4, 2x5TB HDD

Hypervisor 1: Intel Xeon E5-2630L, ASRock EPC612D8, 16GB DDR4 ECC RAM, Intel RT3WB080 8-port RAID controller plus expansion card, Norco RPC-4020 case, 20x2TB WD Red HDD

Other spare hypervisors: Dell Poweredge 2950, HP Proliant DL380 G5

Laptops: ThinkPads, lots of ThinkPads

How does IE "hold [your] hand"?

I don't know she just thinks it's a lot easier to use. She is into making jewelry and knitted clothing for the little ones in the family like grandkids and my cousins' kids and she primarily uses the internet for websites, blogs, forums, stores, ect. that have that stuff on them. She said, "That one little internet app I used before you messed with my computer was so much easier to use." So I changed her defaults to IE. Yeah, she calls programs "apps" because that is what they call it on the TV. She is 61 so it's ok and I love her.

But it brings up a point. They need to find better ways to cater to people like grandmothers who want to find knitting patterns or want to buy jewelry pieces rather than just catering to teenagers' social networking and us PC enthusiasts.

I get 60 frames at 1080p on a dual core APU. Ask me how.

AMD FX 8350 CPU / R9 280X GPU / Asus M5A97 LE R 2.0 motherboard / 8GB Kingston HyperX Blue 1600 RAM / 128G OCZ Vertex 4 SSD / 256G Crucial SSD / 2T WD Black HDD / 1T Seagate Barracude HDD / Antec Earthwatts 650W PSU / Coolermaster HAF 922 Case

Didn't even update to IE 10 because if I did i think it would change all my fonts which I do not like. I use IE when something doesn't work properly on my browsers. 

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

I personaly find IE 10 the fastest for browsing... I like the layout. Dosnt crash on me  like chrome does.

I hate to kill all your misconception but IE ever since IE10 is a different beast than the ~IE6 that many of you are referencing. Nowdays its a fully capable browser that I dont mind using one bit. O use chrome ever since the launch of Win8 though because firefox wasnt made compatible for a bit and I needed domething to use. I never changed back mostly because the sync was way better in chrome and ive had much better luck with chrome on android than FF. I still miss all my extensions though...

The newer versions of IE are actually a decent consumer experience, they're just a PITA to code for. 

Internet Explorer 8 and newer are decent. I still think both Chrome(ium) and Firefox browsers are better though. Can't live without all my add-ons.

I use chrome cause i have a GS4 and a Asus MeMO tab 10 lte..I love being able to use everything on all devices..

IMO IE is bad/different enough, at least in terms of web development, that everyone's life would be better if we all stopped using IE. I challenge someone to give me a good reason to use IE as a daily use browser, (I currently will ONLY use IE to test web designs, becuase IE doesn't handle everything the same as other browsers do.)

websites built by corporations in a contract with ms.

I work in a school and the entire state has MS contracted for everything. SharePoint just don't work with other browsers.

there's the one reason. course its the only reason and I only use it when using SharePoint.

progressively been converting the teachers to use chrome.

Rig 1 CPU: 3570K Motherboard: V Gene GPU: Power Color r9 280x at 1.35GHZ  RAM: 16 GB 1600mhz PSU: Cougar CMX 700W Storage: 1x Plexor M5S 256GB 1x 1TB HDD 1x 3TB GREEN HDD Case: Coolermaster HAFXB Cooling: Intel Watercooler
"My day so far, I've fixed 4 computers and caught a dog. Australian Tech Industry is weird."

"It's bent so far to the right, It's a hook."