Feeling suicidal?

niksuto
I know a tech forum isn't the place for this, but I still want to help others who might need it.

Hi guys,
I'm niksuto, and I've had problems with anxiety disorders, eating disorders, suicidal thoughts and suicide attempts and other major depression problems.
These are just things I learned over the years and I thought I might share. I am NO professional in this field and I do think you should get help through the proper channels if possible.

Before I start, your problems are the biggest in YOUR life. If someone says that people without food in Africa have it worse than you.
They are wrong. You are the most important person in your own life. 

1. Take time for your feelings.
First try to compile your mind and ask yourself why you are feeling sad, depressed, or suicidal. even the slightest feeling of sadness should be taken serious.
Are you just having a bad day or is this re-occurring? 

2. Have you eaten?
Did you eat and sleep correctly? Even if you don't have time because of school or work. Go get some food or take a nap.
It might sound silly but it helps, getting energy from food or sleep is an awesome way to feel better.

3. Write it down.
These thoughts can be overwhelming you and hurting you in every way. Often it feels like we can't change any of it. 
But writing it down creates a more clear list and might even help you find a cause for your feelings.
Writing yourself or a fictional person a letter can improve your mindset. 
Be sure to add in anything or as little that goes on in your head, maybe even write a totally random story.

4. Go do something else.
Ok, you don't feel like it. You're not lazy if you don't feel like getting up, you're not a slob if you can't take a shower because you feel like poop.
But it is very important that you go do something, maybe something new even. Try working out even the slightest, go for a walk or do brain exercises. 
Try chatting with new people or play some BF. Or go cuddle with a pet..(this might be difficult when you have fish.)
Anything is fine. Go on Youtube and turn up Carly Rae Jepsen(because we all know we can't resist dancing to that.) GO HAVE FUN! 
Go read comics or silly jokes in the paper. anything to occupy your mind for a while.

5. Talk to a friend, a family member or even a stranger.
I know from experience this might be a difficult thing to do. But sometimes just getting it out helps a whole lot. 
Bottling your feelings up is a terrible thing to do.

6. Don't glorify suicide or self harming. 
Try to stay away from looking stuff up themed with what you're experiencing, stuff like photos, movies and even depressive music can bring your mood down more.
this can really push you down the line even further, often suicide is romanticized in movies and poetry.

7. SUICIDE ISN'T FUN AND IT DOES HURT!
You might feel like a sissy and find out that trying to cut yourself or the thought of people forgetting you hurts.
You might think there's nothing left to do other than to end yourself, but this is not true. I promise stuff works out. 
OK, you might not get the girl you're in love with right now, you might have troubles with your parents and school. but you'll always have your best friend..YOU, 
you are the most special important person in your life. And if some people don't want you. Who cares? You want you, and you need yourself. Even if your mind is hurting you.
Please don't leave the people behind without you. Yes suicide is selfish, why ruin your own future? Stuff will work out. 

8. Don't feel ashamed.
A while back after a suicide attempt I was covered in blood and so were my sheets and a large part of my floor. I felt ashamed and wanted to hide. 
But even if you do something like that, it's OK. no one will get angry or mad at you for ruining sheets, or cutting yourself. Please come to anyone for help.

9. GET HELP.
Call a psychiatrist, a psychologist, the police or the hospital. Anyone! Contact someone and don't be afraid of talking to them. It's nerve wrecking and you might cry to a stranger. It's ok, they want the best for you.
Do a quick search for help phone numbers in your area.

I have no idea what else to add at the moment, but I do hope this changes something for you. Feel free to message me here on the forum or anywhere else.

"Contact me to talk"
Here's a list of other forum members willing to talk, some of us have experience and still go through this kind of thing daily. We all try to be as understanding as we can be. 
~Niksuto (ME!)
~TheMail "i do volunteer work as a counselor for those who can't afford it, so i have some decent training. i'd be glad to help those in need."
~
When Helping someone please make sure they seek professional help in their area, by directing them to the right places.(searching for their local help line or website.) 

In the end there will always be people who will tell you to man up. But sometimes you just need some time. Professional help isn't right for everyone, sometimes you just need a hug.

If you have anything that you want added or changed, feel free to leave a comment or message me.

Greets,
Niksuto

Does anyone even use PCIe SSDs?

I guess that Slick needs to read this, because LinusTech have given him too many jobs lately. 

Great work, that topic is awesome!   (If needed i can help also by talking)

I don't think we have many suicidal people here in the forum... But I'm willing to help!

CPU Overclocking Database <------- Over 275 submissions, and over 40,000 views!                         

GPU Overclocking Database                                                    

I don't think we have many suicidal people here in the forum... But I'm willing to help!

May I put you on the message list?

Maybe someone depressed will stumble upon this, who knows? I'd say I can help but I don't know if I can do a very good job of it. :P

Thank you for posting this.

Case-NZXT H440 | Motherboard-Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H | RAM-Kingston HyperX Blue 2x8GB 1600MHz | CPU-Intel 3770K @ 4.3GHz at 1.215v | Heatsink-Coolermaster Hyper212 Evo | GPU-EVGA GTX660 SC | SSD-MX200 250GB | HDD-Seagate Barracuda 3TB | PSU-EVGA GS650

Mouse-Logitech G600 | Keyboard-Ducky Shine 3 MX Blue. white backlight | Headphones-Audiotechnica ATH-M50s. Beyerdynamic DT990

I like to talk about other people's feelings so I would love to help with this.

CPU: Intel core i5 3570 Motherboard: Gigabyte-H77-DS3H Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB  GPU: MSI Radeon HD 7950 Twin Frozr III Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB  PSU: Seasonic G Series 550W

Acer Aspire S7 Overview Sennheiser PC360

Thanks for the gesture... It's nice that there are people out there who consider doing this sort of thing. I myself already help everyone I know with all their problems. Much to my own psychiatrists pain

I am good at computer

Spoiler

Motherboard: Gigabyte G1 sniper 3 | CPU: Intel 3770k @5.1Ghz | RAM: 32Gb G.Skill Ripjaws X @1600Mhz | Graphics card: EVGA 980 Ti SC | HDD: Seagate barracuda 3298534883327.74B + Samsung OEM 5400rpm drive + Seatgate barracude 2TB | PSU: Cougar CMX 1200w | CPU cooler: Custom loop

7 is twice

Thanks for noticing. Fixed it!

Seems like great advice, I would however be a little cautious about providing support for people who are in that situation. The majority of us are not professionals and may end up doing more harm than good.

Definitely useful though and I think we should all be supportive to those that need it. :)

Seems like great advice, I would however be a little cautious about providing support for people who are in that situation. The majority of us are not professionals and may end up doing more harm than good.

Definitely useful though and I think we should all be supportive to those that need it. :)

Thanks, I'll add a few short words to it for those who are helping!

I always vent my anger and sadness through music. A big reason why I like Black Veil Brides and Avenged Sevenfold so much. 

Bottom line is, do your best not to put yourself in situations which you know will end badly and surround yourself with good influences. I am having trouble with some major "girl" and school issues and you just have to keep reminding yourself 

It will get better. 

Also don't cut or burn. I used to burn a lot and I have so many "smileys" on my left arm. It's not healthy and not attractive. 

Always try to do something and get your mind off of crap. Go jog or hangout with friends ('good' friends though)  

Totally agreed, sometimes it's better not to get involved but you can't just do nothing sometimes. 

Also I am totally willing to talk as well. 

OS - Windows 8.1 Motherboard - ASUS M5A99FX Pro R2.0 Processor - AMD FX 8350 Black Edition RAM - 16GB 2x8 Crucial Ballistix Sport Graphics Card - Gigabyte Windforce 2 OC GTX 660 Power Supply - Corsair CX750M CPU Cooler - NZXT Kraken X60 Wireless Adapter - ASUS PCE-N15 PCI-E Adapter Fans - x3 Masscool blue LED 120mm Fans Case - Fractal Design Define R4

Monitor - Dell S2230MX 21.5-inch Keyboard - Logitech G105 Mouse - Logitech G602 Speakers - Logitech Z130 Headsets/Headphones - Tt eSports Shock, AKG K240, California Headphones Laredo Phone - iPhone 4S

I always vent my anger and sadness through music. A big reason why I like Black Veil Brides and Avenged Sevenfold so much. 

Bottom line is, do your best not to put yourself in situations which you know will end badly and surround yourself with good influences. I am having trouble with some major "girl" and school issues and you just have to keep reminding yourself 

It will get better. 

Totally agreed, sometimes it's better not to get involved but you can't just do nothing sometimes. 

Also I am totally willing to talk as well. 

Thanks for your story. I listed you also. :) I hope stuff turns right for you soon!

I used to volunteer at the suicide helpline and am always willing to chat 

#KilledMyWife 

LTT's Resident Black Star

I should get an award for still being here at this point 

I'm little depressive...

| CPU: i7 3770k | MOTHERBOARD: MSI Z77A-G45 Gaming | GPU: GTX 770 | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Trident X | PSU: XFX PRO 1050w | STORAGE: SSD 120GB PQI +  6TB HDD | COOLER: Thermaltake: Water 2.0 | CASE: Cooler Master: HAF 912 Plus |

Thanks for your story. I listed you also. :) I hope stuff turns right for you soon!

Don't worry, you don't have to hope. Like I said, no matter how tough it seems you just have to tell yourself 

It will get better 

OS - Windows 8.1 Motherboard - ASUS M5A99FX Pro R2.0 Processor - AMD FX 8350 Black Edition RAM - 16GB 2x8 Crucial Ballistix Sport Graphics Card - Gigabyte Windforce 2 OC GTX 660 Power Supply - Corsair CX750M CPU Cooler - NZXT Kraken X60 Wireless Adapter - ASUS PCE-N15 PCI-E Adapter Fans - x3 Masscool blue LED 120mm Fans Case - Fractal Design Define R4

Monitor - Dell S2230MX 21.5-inch Keyboard - Logitech G105 Mouse - Logitech G602 Speakers - Logitech Z130 Headsets/Headphones - Tt eSports Shock, AKG K240, California Headphones Laredo Phone - iPhone 4S

Add me to list of people to talk too. My cousin was at the brink of killing herself, I know what you're going through. 

This is my Lightsaber.          {[=]////]"[¬'/\Y/#####################################
This is my other Lightsaber. (T!!!!!!!T=:"|[\#####################################  #killedmywife 

I'll volunteer for the helpline!

ELEPHANT SEALS EVERYWHERE!

Im willing to help :) i been down that road many times and still struggle with it sometimes and helping others like myself would be a really gratifying feeling to have as well as knowing that there are others there for me to :) 

I would like to help out with this cause, although I will not always be available. I volunteer.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

the journey to the bottom is the toughest but when you get there, the only way is up. ive been there. Im happy to help too!

CM Storm Switch Tester MOD (In-Progress) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/409147-cm-storm-switch-tester-macro-mod/

Ammo Can Speaker 02 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/283826-ammo-can-speakers-02/       A/B Switch V 0.5 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/362417-ab-switch-v0

Build 01 - The Life of a Prodigy -  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/13103-build-01-the-life-of-a-prodigy/             Build 02 - Silent Server 3000 - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/116670-build-02-silent-server-3000/

You may hate me for this, but other than telling them to get professional help i think no one here is qualified to do anything about this... it's a quite complex and serious topic, so i don't think this belongs in a hardware forum, even in the off topic. 

You would probably go better with a suicide hotline or something like that