Any other female PC enthusiasts/overclockers

I just thought I would ask this simple question to see if there are any other female PC enthusiasts/overclockers out there. I am kind of curious cause my friends sometimes try to get on my nerves by saying that "fiddling" with PCs is normally "guys stuff"  I dont know any other females that share the same interest so I thought I would ask. 

There's a few.

I have to say that your friends opinions almost make me supportive for feminism. But then I never got to play with Barbie's or make up /jealous.

Linus is my fetish.

I was never into that I was a total tomboy growing up. Never even bothered makeup till I was in my late teens 

yeah , i did see a few girls on the forum. Not many though

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case

Does trans count?

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

My girlfriend and all her friends think tinkering with PC's is really nerdy.  But as soon as theirs doesn't work or something breaks, I'm a hero.  Figures...

18 minutes ago, Bhav said:

Girly girls are the scum of women kind. Girls like the OP are the heroines. 

Rock on sister:D

Well, there are plenty of girls with such interests but to be truthful, they aren't nearly as common as the men. I don't think your friends intended to hurt your feelings or anything. Normally it is men interested in this kind of stuff....that's why there are so few of us women on communities like this.

13 hours ago, techguru said:

[removed]

I'll cook but it'll taste like crap. So how do men like ramen every morning and night?

4 hours ago, Bhav said:

Girly girls are the scum of women kind. Girls like the OP are the heroines. 

What?

So girls who are who they are, conceived "too girly" by people (like feminists), are scum?

Edited by Godlygamer23
Removed quote(post was removed).

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

The ones that think certain things are 'men's / geeky' things that women shouldnt be interested in are.

Linus is my fetish.

Hey there. Reporting in.

Current System: Corsair Graphite 760T White/ Asus X99-S / Intel Core i7 5820K / Corsair H100i GTX / EVGA Titan X SuperClocked / HyperX Fury 4x8GB 2666mhz DDR4/ Corsair AX1500i / Intel 750 PCIe SSD 400gb / Samsung Evo 840 500gb / WD Green 4TB x2 / WD Green 3TB /  OCZ Agility 3 120gb

I'm not one, I'm a guy, but there are quite a few girls into tech. They're just not as common as us guys are.

Out of all the classmates in tech courses I've taken in college, only a handful of them were female. Majority of the female students at my college seem to be into criminal justice, nursing, physical therapy or graphic design rather than IT. But they do exist.

3 hours ago, QueenDemetria said:

I guess I'm naughty for using terminal xD:P:ph34r:

Hide contents

PmwDDzh.png

Linux! :x

But what's up with your Spotify? Never seen it gray/silver before.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

55 minutes ago, QueenDemetria said:

Hide contents

PmwDDzh.png

if your on linux..you basically have to use the terminal

also..why ubuntu...mint is nicer

If you need remote help fixing something on your computer

I can help over Teamviewer if you wish

just msg me on my profile

6 minutes ago, Albatross said:

Linux! :x

But what's up with your Spotify? Never seen it gray/silver before.

Umm... not sure to be honest lol. I thought it was normal looking. I use the Highcontrast theme, maybe that changed it?(that's the only thing I can think of, I checked Spotify setting for theme and didn't see anything)

5 minutes ago, techguru said:

if your on linux..you basically have to use the terminal

also..why ubuntu...mint is nicer

Love the terminal, embrace the terminal lol, I even use the terminal when I don't have to since I like doing things through CLI. I use Ubuntu since I'm used to it(been using it for a long time), and I'm probably one of the few amount of people that actually likes Unity lol(absolutely hated it at first, then it grew on me). I've been wanting to try other distros like Mint, Fedora, etc. for a while now, but haven't found the time for it.

3 hours ago, QueenDemetria said:

Umm... not sure to be honest lol. I thought it was normal looking. I use the Highcontrast theme, maybe that changed it?(that's the only thing I can think of, I checked Spotify setting for theme and didn't see anything)

Love the terminal, embrace the terminal lol, I even use the terminal when I don't have to since I like doing things through CLI. I use Ubuntu since I'm used to it(been using it for a long time), and I'm probably one of the few amount of people that actually likes Unity lol(absolutely hated it at first, then it grew on me). I've been wanting to try other distros like Mint, Fedora, etc. for a while now, but haven't found the time for it.

Huh. I gotta check that out, see if it changes the Spotify theme.

I do the same with the terminal and feel the same about Unity. xD And if you ever check out other distros, I'd be interested in hearing what you think about them.

1 hour ago, .spider. said:

I am a girl

I just realized that the abbreviation for "guy in real life" is quite ambiguous. 

26 minutes ago, Albatross said:

xD And if you ever check out other distros, I'd be interested in hearing what you think about them.

Definitely :) 

11 minutes ago, .spider. said:

I just realized that the abbreviation for "guy in real life" is quite ambiguous. 

Lol I didn't even think of that.

Haha I love this topic, even though I'm not a girl :P Especially love the Ubuntu terminal pic. :D

How many girls out there, I'm wondering, have done things like delid their CPU, or, since we're on LTT, done any of the more techy things that Linus & Luke have done videos on? :)

4 hours ago, QueenDemetria said:

Hide contents

PmwDDzh.png

Girls aren't "aloud". He shouldn't be allowed to use anything that requires proper word usage.

It's always a good day if you woke up breathing.