Display 5,3" 2560x1440p LCD
Snapdragon 820
Modular design
Removable battery
32GB storage
4GB RAM
16MP rear, 8MP front camera

LG-G5-Hands-On-26-980x653.jpg

This phone certainly looks interesting, and brings some new features to the game.
Head over to the link below to have a look at all the pics and the modular design.
Thoughts?

Source

1 minute ago, theninja35 said:

This dude ninja'd you, however, you currently have more than he does.

Ah well, first come, first serve :)

I would say repost too, but the other guy didn't even make a proper post before posting and you did so yeah.

The G5 looks a lot different compared to any of the other phones in the line, a lot more... Old Nexus phone like? That is what it reminds me off

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Ugly design, but that's just my opinion. I like the removable slot, but I don't know how popular it will actually be, looks a bit too gimmicky. Dual cameras on the back are weird (not as weird as HTC's idea though). I don't exactly understand why they didn't go with an OLED screen for the always-on feature, but if the reported 0.8%/hour battery loss is true then I guess it doesn't matter. 

Now the interface. No app drawer is ok as long as you give an alternative (there was an article on reddit with some early attempt from Google which looked pretty nice), but this just looks cheap and Chinese-y. Then again, LG never had a decent skin for Android, only HTC managed to pull out something good.

The keynote was weird as hell, I don't know why these companies can't go for a professional looking presentation and instead put some weird actors who pretend to have fun.

I don't like protruding camera -_- Hate that on new phones.

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |