What are you hobbies outside of computers?

DaltonM

As well as being a PC gamer, I play lots of Xbox One, I love Gears of War, it's my favorite game.

I also play guitar, I own 2 electric (one E standard and one Eb tuning) and an acoustic. I also have recording equipment. I am not good enough to make songs yet, but I am certainly getting there :)

My favorite thing to play is Rocksmith, it helps me learn really fast. I play Coheed and Cambria, Megadeth, the Fall of Troy, Dance Gavin Dance and other metal bands.

I also have 2 skateboards lol. One is a classic style 9 inch wide cruiser deck. I used to skate this thing 4 miles (to and from work) a day! 5 days a week! I would still skate to work if there wasn't snow on the ground. I also have a 8.3 LE regular board that I take to the skatepark. My best trick is a kickflip, but I see myself as more a vert person. 

I am really good at riding my cruiser though. I ride on sidewalks and they're not always the best, but no matter what I come across, I can almost always ollie it at full speed :) I call it Olympic skating lol because I push myself to do random badass things on my way to work lol.

I also like to make digital art and widgets for Android, you  can see my work (and selfies) here at my instagram: https://www.instagram.com/_daltonm_/ follow me if you want :)

Music is a huge hobby of mine. I am always seeing live music :) I just watch music videos for fun, and I read the whole wikis for bands I like. I enjoy learning about their history. 

What about you? I am sure there's some wicked talented doodz here on LTT

I super love maths and physics, but aside from computer-centric, I dont really have much, I like calligraphy (I'm pretty aweful though mind), and also quite a coffee enthusiast, basically everything else I do is PC based :l

Pretty much everything I have time to do.

I play music (guitar, bass, piano and drums), I tinker with my motorcycle, I listen to music and watch movies a lot, I paint and draw alot and do a lot of designs for different things (album covers, tattoos murals etc.) and I play rugby.

I'm also looking into getting started as a tattoo artist, but I have yet to buy equiptment and get test subjects. 

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

Well I like playing Forza on the Xbox and I like auto-racing in general. Once I get my license, I'd like to race at some local tracks.

I like to play with my dog, snowboard, and I might run Track again this year. Drawing is something casual that I do, but I'm not very good at it. I also have LEGOs that I build with sometimes, but not very much anymore.

well beside school and browsing LLT i game, watch jt vids and do some archery

Specs: CPU: I5 6600K (4.5 GHZ), GPU: RX 480 (stock), Mobo: MSI Z170A tomahawk AC, RAM: Corsair 16GB drr4 2600, CASE: NZXT S340, storage 240GB crusial SSD and a 1TB WD HHD

My job is quite fun, part of it is on a computer (I'm a HFC network engineer), but I also travel a lot across the country (a small one though) when I go check installations on site or meet clients.

I watch a lot of movies and TV shows.

The rest is on a computer, like 3D modeling, animation, graphics design, web dev.

I used to have more hobbies, likes astronomy, photography, kick boxing, RC models, but now a lot of my time is spent making and saving money, so I can get my own place. Makes me feel kind of empty, but I hope that'll pay off somehow. I also hope I'll be able to do more things in the future, but I've been hoping that for a while now, and I'm not sure that'll ever happen until I'm 50 and I just get a sportscar like everybody else.

Well I enjoy hunting and fishing, and I've recently started dirt biking, I'd like to get into a little more mechanical hobbies like getting better at working on my dirt bike and car. Eventually when I get a place that allows it I'd like to try out some home machining or maybe metal casting, it's always interested me but it's always been very impractical to try.

I cook.

Started when my sister became vegetarian and I gifted her a recipe book. To go with that I decided to cook something from the book which by accident resulted in unusually tasty potato salad and from then on I've been spending quite a lot of my time cooking for myself and on occasions family and friends.

I have a lot of hobbies.

Fishing, camping, photography, cooking, woodworking, and car raceing.

Fishing is probably what I enjoy the most.

I wouldn't acctually consider computers a hobby of mine.

01010010 01101111 01100010  01001101 01100001 01100011 01010010 01100001 01100101

Rock climbing and photography.

i7 7700k @ 4.9ghz | Asus Maximus IX Hero | G.skill 32gb @ 3200 | Gtx 1080 classified | In win 909 | Samsung 960 pro 1tb | WD caviar blue 1tb x3 | Dell u3417w | Corsair H115i | Ducky premier dk9008p (mx reds) | Logitech g900 | Sennheiser hd 800s w/ hdvd 800 | Audioengine a5+ w/ s8

Aside from being a pc gamer. I really love basketball, i play the guitar too but suck at it, i'm an otaku that's pretty much of what i do.

Spoiler

PC: CPU: Ryzen 5 5600X @ Curve optimzer -25,  Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Chromax.Black, Motherboard: Asus Rog Strix B500-F Gaming WiFi II, GPU: Sapphire Nitro+ RX 7800XT @ Stock , RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 2x16GB DDR4 3600Mhz CL18, HDD: Western Digital Caviar Black 2TB, SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 250GB | Team Group MP33 1TB NVME, Case: NZXT H7 Flow Black, PSU: NZXT C1200  I Peripherals: Keyboard: Ducky Shine 6 RGB Special Edition, Mouse: Razer Orochi V2, Headset: Philips SHP9500, Mousepad: Glorious Stealth Extended I Laptop: MSI GS63VR Stealth Pro CPU: i7-6700HQ@ 2.6ghz, GPU: GTX 1060, Memory: 16GB DDR4 2400Mhz, HDD: 1TB+128GB SSD

Many of my hobbies do involve computers of some sorts.. (like I love gaming, I love programming, I love designed/digital drawing), but if you really want to know stuff I love outside of PC.. I like drawing in real life (like on paper), I like helping others, visiting thrift stores to look for games and other stuff I collect, I love going to flea markets.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

My other hobby is heavily reliant on computers, I do a lot of theater tech stuff, and for consistency for sound cues we pre-program them so that it will trigger at the same time as well as program all lighting cues (when I have the right equipment for it). Pictures are from 2 different shows

Spoiler

Show playback (before house opens)

20150313_164304.thumb.jpg.d37a038f03b478

WP_20150314_002.thumb.jpg.7aacd6c98fc0ef

Spoiler

Recording audio from a different show

20151121_194648.thumb.jpg.9d9414ad2ddc25

Restoring old hand tools.

Walking my dog.

collecting records.

woodworking.

Collecting flashlights

Collecting SAKS

Spending time with the other half.

Xbox One. Only recently got back into PC gaming. I build nitro RC cars / truggy's in my spare time. 

DSCF7390.jpg
9d64683c.jpg
12cd8f8f.jpg

MSI Nightblade MI2

CPU: Intel i7 6700. Motherboard: MSI B060. RAM: 16GB HyperX Impact. GPU: MSI Geforce GTX 970. Case: Nightblade MI2. Storage: 2x 1TB WD Blue, OCZ 120GB and 125GB M.2. PSU: Custom 350w Bronze. Display(s): BenQ 24" & 50" Samsung TV. Keyboard: Logitech G15. Mouse: Logitech MX Revolution. Operating System: Windows 10 Pro x64

This is a cool thread. 

I like walking, mushroom picking, some gardening, movies, music is a big one too. And eating and talking about eating. Diy projects are fun too for around the house.

The key is to have something to think of for any moment. 

@Volbet

do you practice tattooing on skins? 

Bleigh!  Ever hear of AC series? 

42 minutes ago, Nup said:

@Volbet

do you practice tattooing on skins? 

You wouldn't practice on anything living. A human probably don't want an ugly ass tattoo on them and animals probably wouldn't find it pleasent either.

You would buy something like this

z_original_svinekam_m-spk_u-_ben_2.png?i

I have no idea what that piece of meat is called in English, but it's basically pork chops with skin on it.

Edit: I think it might be called a pork roast, but I'm uncertain.

It can be used to practice tattooing and it tastes delicious with gravy and caramalized potatoes (but don't do both). 

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

i hunt, fish, ride horses, make models, and just in general do a lot of outdoor stuff.

RIP-A10-5800k @ 4.0Ghz | ASUS GTX 750Ti OC Edition | Gigabyte F2A68HM-DS2H | Corsair Spec-01 | EVGA 500w | Kingston HyperX Fury 2x4 1600mhz | 1tb WD Blue & 500Gb WD Blue | Hyper 212 EVO |

Shooting, scuba diving, free diving, bodybuilding, powerlifting, mma, Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, cycling, motorcycling, autocross, hiking, working on cars, snowboarding, indoor rock climbing, learning new technical things, and probably many other outdoor activities.

10 hours ago, Ruhel said:

Xbox One. Only recently got back into PC gaming. I build nitro RC cars / truggy's in my spare time. 

DSCF7390.jpg
9d64683c.jpg
12cd8f8f.jpg

I have a T-Maxx 1.5, but I havent played with it since I was a freshman in high school a long time ago.

Archery, car maintenance (hobby mechanic ) and vaping could also be a hobby 

10 hours ago, Volbet said:

You wouldn't practice on anything living. A human probably don't want an ugly ass tattoo on them and animals probably wouldn't find it pleasent either.

You would buy something like this

z_original_svinekam_m-spk_u-_ben_2.png?i

I have no idea what that piece of meat is called in English, but it's basically pork chops with skin on it.

Edit: I think it might be called a pork roast, but I'm uncertain.

It can be used to practice tattooing and it tastes delicious with gravy and caramalized potatoes (but don't do both). 

My tattoo artist friend used thisPawpaw1.jpg

to practice on skins are thin so it teaches more control he said. Paw paws and oranges 

I like fixing stuff. I'm an auto mechanic for a living so thats where it stems from. I like tearing complex or advance stuff apart and seeing how it works, then putting it back together. Its why I was fascinated with computers growing up. 

As for other things... not much. I've played WoW for 10 years now, albeit much much less now. I watch a lot of sports (NFL, MLB) and follow that a lot from a statistical standpoint. I have lots of jerseys and collectibles. I like to play various sports as well with friends, though most of them are D&D dwellers and can't throw a handegg to save their lives. I kinda can't function without music either. 

I'd like to get into collecting figures like Star Wars stuff again. Maybe get back into archery and nitro RC. Been getting back into model cars as well.

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 32GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Logitech G815 / Logitech G502 / Sennheiser HD 599

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / S23 Ultra

Outside of computers I Build models,

SCUBA Dive

Swim

Read things

Play with my dogs and cats

Tinker with my car

Get coffee

Garden

Play on one of my many retro consoles

Fix things

Watch anime