Acer XB270HU Yellow Tint

gsheph252

Just got it about a week ago. It seems to have a light yellow tint on the entire screen. Is that normal or did I get a faulty monitor? Seems to get more yellow the longer I look at it. I honestly can't tell if its just my eyes or the monitor its so slight. 

Calibrate the colours?

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

Acer had massive problems in QC with those monitors, I have the same one and had to return it once due to backlight bleed, maybe you got unlucky in the batch as well.

Or maybe check the color adjustment in the monitor menu itself, is it maybe set to "game" or something else than "user"? From what I can tell it give a slight yellow tint when you fiddle with those settings, otherwise just RMA it.

Can be the picture quality, but I personally can´t tell a yellow tint from this.

Only thing when I compare it with what I see at the moment, due to the fact that I have the same model, is, that your colours are a bit darker than mine.
But, as I said, this can also relate to the picture quality.

All I can say is, if it bothers you, RMA it. 
It´s a premium product so you deserve a premium experience like everyone else who spends 600+ bucks on a display.

I honestly think its my eyes playing tricks on me. Because if i photo it or record it the yellow tint seems to fade away. It's not too bad I think I can live with it. I just wanted to make sure it wasn't definitely broken. 

Hold a sheet of A4 next to it, when in paint or something. And make sure the whitebalance of the camera isn't fucking you over.

Edit; just tried that myself, very impractical to do xD

color calibration because i cant see anything wrong in the picture or maby the picture dosent catch it that well, well go into color calibration and check if you can do anything about it thats my best advice

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

53dd52c34300f93412fc6ecd72d4fe46.jpg

Maybe it helps when I show you a picture from my perspective.

Edited by P4inz
Typo

My color balance changed from user to warm... and my brightness was cranked way up. Seems my settings are changing by themselves. 

20160215_090927.jpg

Do you let the monitor on power the whole time? Or do you pull the plug when you turn your PC off? Some monitors tend to lose settings when they are powered off completely.

I personally have all my stuff powered on stand-by all the time, due to the fact that some friends (one with the ROG swift) experienced that his g-sync module would randomly deactivate itself over night when the monitor is not connected to power and wont turn itself on again, except by doing it manually in the driver software and on the monitor menu itself.

If you want to test further and not with some white sheet of paper next to your monitor I would recommend you visit this site: http://www.lagom.nl/lcd-test/

It offers a lot of different still-image test to determine the right contrast/brightness/colour levels for you.

I keep the monitor on standby. I actually put my PC in sleep mode so that I can resume working when I get back. I am going to check out this site.

So, according to the site linked. My gamma and contrast are off. So I will need to play with that until i get the settings I am suppose to have.

Try to fiddle around with the settings just a bit, till your preference is reached.

But as I said, if it really does not charm your eye at all at any setting, RMA it.

I can tell you my settings just for trying out: Brightness: 85, Contrast: 25, Mode: User, Overdrive: Extreme