GTA V Most Expensive Video Game in History – Budget More than High Budget Hollywood Films

M-ursu

just wait for half life 3

CPU: i5 3570K @4.5GHz    GPU: R9 290   MOBO: ASUS p8z77-v  RAM: 8Gb corsair vengence   CASE: ARC MIDI  PSU: XFX pro 550W  HDD: 2tb segate baracuda

Let's hope some of that is used to make a good port, this time.

that's crazy they will have to sell around 30 million copies to bring back that money.

Surely just a little bit of those millions of dollars could be spent on porting it to PC!

“Snorting instant coffee is the best,” said Kayla Johns, 19, of Portland.

They have THAT kind of budget and we have to wait another YEAR before we can see it on PC? Corporate greed at its finest lol.

CPU: i7 6700k @ 4.6ghz | CASE: Corsair 780T White Edition | MB: Asus Z170 Deluxe | CPU Cooling: EK Predator 360 | GPU: NVIDIA Titan X Pascal w/ EKWB nickel waterblock | PSU: EVGA 850w P2 | RAM: 16GB DDR4 Corsair Domintator Platinum 2800mhz | Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB | OS: Win 10 Pro x64 | Monitor: Acer Predator X34/HTC VIVE Keyboard: CM Storm Trigger-Z | Mouse: Razer Taipan | Sound: Audio Technica ATH-M50x / Klipsch Promedia 2.1 Sound System 

$_$ That is crazy...

Intel i5 3570k | MSI GTX 670 Power Edition/OC SLI | Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Corsair Vengeance LP 16GB | Fractal Design Newton R2 650W | NZXT Switch 810 SE Gun Metal | BenQ 24" XL2420T 120Hz | Corsair K90  | Logitech G500 / Logtitech Performance MX | Sennheiser PC 360 | Asus Xonar DGX | NVIDIA GeForce 3D Vision 2 Wireless Kit

I'm sure they will be trying to make that money back through dlc and gta online. Who knows how much it will take them to keep that up and running though. Not surprised it costs more than big budget movies. Movies are 1.5 hours of entertainment while I'm sure you can spend hundreds of hours in gta and not get bored.

Something has to be Wrong.
The Game is made for 2 Platforms(Games like Watchdogs are made for 6 Platforms) and it isn't even Next Gen and Add's where almost non existing.
Where did they spend all that Money?

There is no way the Game costs that much or they just messed up really really bad.

I call this Fake because there is no reason for that high Budget.

RTX2070OC 

With that kind of budget, the driving and shooting controls better be smooth and precise this time around. :angry:

Current Rig: i5 3570K @ 4.2 GHz, Corsair H100i, Asus Maximus V Gene, Asus GTX 970 Turbo, Patriot Viper Black Mamba 8 GB DDR-3 1600 (2x4GB), Sandisk 120 GB SSD + Seagate 500 GB HDD + WD Blue 1 TB HDD, XFX 750W Black Edition, Corsair 350D - https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/b/cbxrxr

damn, and I thought Bioshock Infinite's $200 million budget was insane..

I call this Fake because there is no reason for that high Budget.

Well, this have been in development for a looonnnggg~~~ time, so..

Something tells me that this game will be a success however it will not get much of a profit. If it came to PC I think it would make a much better profit unless it had horrible DRM on it. 

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

they already made the money whit the amounts of pre orders 

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

heh, no pc port, no money from me. guess they screwed up big time if these numbers are correct. if they released it for pc however, I'd buy my copy the day they hit the stores (been waiting for this since I played through GTA IV and EFLC)

Spoiler

CPU: R5 1600 @ 4.2 GHz; GPU: Asus STRIX & Gigabyte g1 GTX 1070 SLI; RAM: 16 GB Corsair vengeance 3200 MHz ; Mobo: Asrock Taichi x470; SSD: 512 gb Samsung 950 Pro Storage: 5x Seagate 2TB drives; 1x 2TB WD PurplePSU: 700 Watt Huntkey; Peripherals: Acer S277HK 4K Monitor; Logitech G502 gaming mouse; Corsair K95 Mechanical keyboard; 5.1 Logitech x530 sound system

01000010 01101001 01101110 01100001 01110010 01111001 00100000 01100100 01101111 01100101 01110011 01101110 00100111 01110100 00100000 01101101 01100001 01101011 01100101 00100000 01111001 01101111 01110101 00100000 01110000 01110010 01101111 00101110

wont be hard to get 5 times that,,,game is looking good ,,,the only stupid thing from their part is no releasing for PC at the same time than PS/XBOX

PC Gaming forever...

Money spent on a game doesn't usually mean the game will be good.

Gearbox's CEO spend upwards of 20 million dollars out of pocket to revive duke nukem forever, and I think we ALL know how that turned out, sales wise. For good reason, too.

To be fair, GTAV does look like a good game, but I'm definitely not preordering it. Just gonna wait till it comes out and see how it is. 

So both source articles go back to one source:

http://www.scotsman.com/lifestyle/technology/new-gta-v-release-tipped-to-rake-in-1bn-in-sales-1-3081943

And FUN FACT! the number reported by The Scotsman is an estimate.

There are a lot of numbers going on around, but none of them are confirmed

That being said, the $250 million number is NOT just development cost. It's everything.

Actual development costs are estimated to be around $150 million, then about $100 million went for marketing and marketing related stuff.

wont be hard to get 5 times that,,,game is looking good ,,,the only stupid thing from their part is no releasing for PC at the same time than PS/XBOX

Part of me wants GTA V to never be released on PC (but Rockstar won't be confirming or denying that) It would be fun watching GTA V becomes the new Half-Life 3 for millions of gamers.

If it retails for $100 dollars a game and its sold at that price to 10 million people which it will easily they make a billion dollars.

If it retails for $100 dollars a game and its sold at that price to 10 million people which it will easily they make a billion dollars.

but they sell 19.90 in steam after few weeks of release :)

So both source articles go back to one source:

http://www.scotsman.com/lifestyle/technology/new-gta-v-release-tipped-to-rake-in-1bn-in-sales-1-3081943

And FUN FACT! the number reported by The Scotsman is an estimate.

There are a lot of numbers going on around, but none of them are confirmed

That being said, the $250 million number is NOT just development cost. It's everything.

Actual development costs are estimated to be around $150 million, then about $100 million went for marketing and marketing related stuff.

No way they had $100million marketing cost.

They had like 4 Trailers,no Adds,they didn't go to E3,Gamescom or Pax.

This only can be crap, because Call Of Duty makes soooo much more Marketing.

Call of Duty didn't even spend $100million and they do the most marketing in the hole gaming industry.

Until I see Numbers from Rockstar them selfs I don't belive it, because they had almost 0 Marketing,they had no Next Gen Tech,and they had only 2 Platforms.

RTX2070OC 

I'm sorry but I don't see Star Wars: The Old Republic on that list. It was rumored to have cost around $250-$300 million dollars.

"Save the cheerleader, save the world- Hiro Nakamura

The hero LinusTechTips forum deserves, but not the one it needs.