Apacer AS330 Panther Giveaway

Everybody should have an SSD because they are awesome. Even if you have 21560890561 programs in your startup, it is probably faster then your old HDD. And I dont have such a beautiful piece of technic, yet.

I would love to update my brothers computer with a ssd. It's so slow, it actually hurts. 

I want an ssd in my system because I am really into 3D modeling and some photo editing. currently I only have a 7200 rpm hard drive with read/write speeds ~100mb/s and it takes about a minute and 45 seconds to open solid works, 3ds Max, or fusion 360 and just as long to restart the system if something is wonky(very different from what i'm use to because my old computer which tragically died had an ssd and would boot in 7-10 seconds RIP. MB Pro retina). Everyone should have an ssd's because they are just awesome, they can increase your productivity by reducing the time you waste waiting for programs to load and in turn dramatically reduce frustration for impatient people. I was initially planning on having an ssd in my new system but being a full-time college student currently without a job I couldn't afford to throw down 100-300 extra dollars to get a ssd. Thanks for considering me, I just recently stumbled apon the channel and have binge watched LTT for the past 2-3 weeks and have loved every minute of it.

hi and thank you for the giveaway, i would like an ssd because your right everyone should have one but im not too sure because i have never tried one out in person so i dont know if it is worth it :)

many thanks Connor Liversidge

Absolutely everyone needs a SSD in their computer now-a-days.

With the advancement of computer since it's inception, things have constantly gotten fast, smaller, and better. SSDs are a testament to that. Using an SSD over an HDD will immediately improve your time management as they require no time to spin up, and access data approximately 80-100 times faster than what is on an HDD. By skipping the 'spin and seek' cycle, they can access data almost instantly.

If you are worried about noise due to being an avid gamer or someone who processing videos/music, an SSD will again be great for you as the SSDs make no noise as they have no moving parts.

One last point I would make is the power consumption of an SSD is better than that of the traditional HDD. While 6-10 watts doesn't seem like much, over the course of even one year it can be considerable.

If you want a quieter, less power hungry computer with extraordinary boot times and fast data access, then you need an SSD.

I have never had an SSD... Id love to experience the speed of one first hand... It didn't seem to be an issue with mechanical drives, which i will still use for the massive amount of data they can store cheaply. But everyone should have an SSD! Why? That's the future, the technology is on a verge to get much faster, gain massive amounts of storage and much more energy efficient with the new Memristor technology architecture. It's complicated but if you read about it you'd be exited too!

Speed, silence and size are the best reasons to get an SSD.  Life is just so much better when you have one (or more).

i would take it veery well if you gave it away to me as i'm currently thinking of swapping my boot hard drive in my crappy notebook with an ssd even if it has pretty low specs I'm pretty sure that this would make things better. And I would be able to use it on my new laptop when I upgrade ;)

I could use a new SSD to replace my laptop's HDD, and why wouldn't anyone want their system to run like sanic?

I think everyone should have a SSD boot drive:

1. Businesses: No more slacking because of "it's booting"

2. Home users: PC boots quickly and You're not getting irritated by it

3. Power users: Come on. You know why

4. Gamers: Pretty much nonexistent loading screens.

I want an ssd because my hard drive is loud as balls and ssd's are fast and reliable

Well i think it will be nice to have this on my pc as a boot drive so i can boot up quicker because sometime I need it to be fast in hurry, and its nice for gaming with faster loading screen with this SSD, Im currently using my old 7200Rpm HDD though and it takes really long time to load up a game xD

I don't have an SSD and would love if i got this one as it would increase my boot up time and improve my experience when using applications. I think that everyone should have an SSD in their system because it is now more affordable and even just using a small SSD as a boot drive would improve your experience when using your system.

I am also thinking of saving up to upgrade some of my components and winning this would allow me to spend more money on a new GPU and an aftermarket CPU cooler, which would allow me to overclock my system without it overheating.

5 minutes ago, jj1781 said:

Lol i currently have a 70 gb hdd in my pc thats about 8 years old i would love somthing newer  i float with about 4 gbs of free space all the time 

14549225976281365912834.jpg

that's actually a walking hazard hahah

i want one because all of my drives are mechanical drives (3 drives) and i have good specced PC and it is getting pretty darn slow

my PC specs:

AMD Phenom II X6 1055T clocked at 2.8 GHZ

16 GB ram

2X 160 gb HDD (one from seagate and one from western digital)

1X 500 GB from western digital

3 DVD drives

500 WATT PSU

Zotac GTX 650 TI amp boost

cooler master V8 CPU cooler

its a sweet gaming rig but again it is very slow

hope i win (probably not)

Just built my first PC, have a boot SSD but would love to put a SSD in it for those loading times in games. Best part of someone owning an SSD is 3 second boot times 

All I have is a single Hard Drive in my build, and could really use an SSD to help it out with boot up times, loading games, and so many more things. Basically this is the one component I am missing from my system that would be super sweet to have, and I would love to invest the money I would've spend on an SSD into a very nice looking case to potentially mod, and post here on the forums. Right now I have an old Zalman Z11 case that the power button no longer work on. (I have to use the reset button just so I can power it on anymore. This was just recently a problem, and it has sucked.) Also my CPU cooler makes it hard to close the side panel on this case. Something I wasn't expecting. (The Noctua NH-D15 just barely clears it if I slide the side panel on right, and even then its sliding across it.)

To sum it up. I really would like to get this SSD just so I can use the money toward a brand new case to replace my old one. Also the benefits of an SSD would be nice to have as well :D

I wish to win a SSD because I don't have one. SSD is better in every way compared with HDD (except for its price per gb) and Apacer AS330 panther is a great SSDs.

My laptops 1Tb spindrive is to slow and I don't really need the space. It sure would be nice to replace it with a SSD.

I never had an SSD, running just with Hard drivers 

I'd love to have an SSD because nobody in my family or me for that matter have an SSD and I've always wanted one :)

Plus panthers are cool, you know... I mean, a cat on an SSD. That means its fast, right? Right...? .3.

Core: i7 4790k Motherboard: ASUS SABERTOOTH Z97 Mark 1 RAM: Corsair Tactical Tracer Green LED Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, WD Black 1TB Video Card: MSI GTX 970ME Case: NZXT Original Phantom Black/Green OS: Windows 10 PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 750W 80+ Gold Fully Modular PSU

everyone should have an ssd in their pc because not only does it speed up boot time, it also reduces the overall noise of the pc (if you replace the hdd with an ssd)

also, i don't own an ssd at the moment and this would really be nice

I can't afford an SSD :( and I think everyone should be booting from an SSD cause it's faster... I hope they go down in prices soon...