Apacer AS330 Panther Giveaway

Would love a new SSD to be able to increase my workflow speeds when editing video. Thanks Apacer for this opportunity!

Because it's efficient. SSDs help narrow the gap in the memory hierarchy; Therefore, it's use is only natural.

I'd enjoy an SSD to replace the HDD in my PC. This HDD would then be used to save me some money on my HTPC build I am currently saving up for.

I need an SSD for damn GTA5 loading screens, please!

~meOw! Σ:3

The reason I need a SSD is because I can go from a cold boot to browsing the web in a matter of seconds with an SSD; the same window is often minutes with a traditional HDD.

I can have extremely fast access for general applications and gaming. I can have a quieter and less power hungry computer. I will be able to use two drives; one for my OS and regular software and one for my media.This is also the reason that SSD's should be standard.

Thanks,

Arif Nabeel.

arifdoeseverything@gmail.com

I personally want an SSD pretty much because I have never owned one. My first computer was extremely crappy tower that we got for free from some office, since they were throwing them out. Imagine what kind of a pc can it be, if an office throws it out. After that there was a slight upgrade to the existing tower. And I had to live with that for years. When I went to college, that's when I finally got something decent (when comparing to that tower), a cheap-ish laptop. Now I have something good, something that can actually run games, though I only have a single HDD. Which is why I want to finally experience the super fast boot for windows and loading for games.

The reason why everyone should have an SSD is because there is no reason why one shouldn't be able to at least put his OS on an SSD and not waste precious time on waiting that could be spent otherwise.

Thank you. :)

SSD's are perfect for any computer, but i dont have one. Hard disks are too slow to boot and in normal day to day tasks. A fan from india and would love to win one for my rig.

I do a lot of video editing for school so I'd make this SSD my boot drive (for programs and cache) and put my current 120GB SSD (barely 250MB/s read - good hardware is super expensive in Slovenia) into my "Scrapyard NAS" for storing footage I'm currently working on (I'm building a setup similar to LMG's transcoding server).

I don't have an SSD in my build and was thinking of getting one for the fast boot times and loading, winning this would be a huge thing into helping me improving my system. 

I want this SSD because I think SSDs are great in general. Fast, small and just cool.

I want one of these simply because I haven't tried owning one. I currently have a 500gb of HDD for all of my computers storage solutions whether it be games or apps. And the SSD's here in my place are a bit overpriced and I cannot afford one at the moment.

I have heard SSD's are good as OS storage/Boot drive or storage for games you like to play often.

I wold love an ssd as my boot drive is a 120 gig hard drive is very slow

Everyone should have a SSD for boot/load time improvements.

Due to some weird accident where one may or may not have dropped my old Hdd from about 50cm into the ground, my write and read speed are down to 3mb/s tops. it's really strange as in: it's still working, but installing prpograms or really any writing to the hdd is a drag.

Getting the SSD would totally help me with the bottleneck that is my hdd.

I live in Japan, and have been following Linus since a few years back on NCIX. Finally got around to registering. Like the new forum update too.

My current rig is a mid-tower that I cobbled together from a budget Japanese prebuilt and some spare parts. Built on a extreme budget because when I leave Japan I have to sell it at a pretty heavy loss. So for why I need an SSD: working on my current system it would increase my system performance by a magnitude and help a lot when I need to get the system booted in an incredible hurry. My PC is my main lifeline back home, and occasionally I need to sign on quick to let people know I'm okay, etc. Solid state might be one of the two parts (GPU is the other) I could reasonably take back to the states with me when I leave eventually.

Hopefully someone else feels my franken-rig's pain. I'd be happy to repay the favor with some reviews of any Japan-local tech that tickles anyone's fancy, if there's something in particular that interests you guys.

I already have a SSD i use for boot, i would really like one to use for my games.

Thanks LMG for the giveaway.

I have a 7 years old 500GB HDD, I haven't upgraded this system since like 2008 and i'm thinking of building a new PC so, this would be a cost saver.

I knew I wanted an SSD for my build. I've dealt with HDD boot ups that are super slow that you can make those Minute-Rice and cut up some ham for a lunch (my old potato, HP Slimline)

Everyone should get an SSD for a boot drive, at the least. Save time waiting and get your computer to the login process within 15 seconds.

Companies that rely on computers should have a 120Gb boot SSD to be more productive.

(I know this one from first hand because I turn on my workstation first before I clock in. Those PCs using a HDD are slow and it's still at the loading Windows when I clock in.)

Also, downloading Windows is much faster to an SSD than a HDD. I wish I had evidence when I did my comparison, but you can look up videos on it. Oh wait, LTT has some!

TL;DR

Computer users (PC and MAC) should invest on a SSD for a faster boot up time.

I had to sacrifice my entire rig when I moved countries and I am trying to rebuild. Having an ssd would really help! xD

I want to build a computer, but don't have tons of money to spend, so I'm basically stuck with a slow HDD for games and boot drive. And, you know, they are silent. Which is nice.

I want to smear nutella all over this SSD and lick it off slowly. <3

Well, I want a new ssd because I've never had a ssd before, if I get a new ssd,  I'll make it my boot drive. SSD brings huge improvement on speed, so everyone should have one!

It'd be nice if I could replace my 64GB boot drive. Then load up some games on the SSD.

Currently my daily driver laptop is a total piece of crap. The original hdd in the laptop broke a month ago (thank god I had a backup) and since I had no other choice, I shuffed a slow as shit external hdd in there and siece then the performance in day to day tasks has been abominable. Obviously an ssd would be a much better option.

I wish to use the SSD with UASP so i could work directly with external storage without having any performance bottleneck