Apacer AS330 Panther Giveaway

Having an SSD could really help my 4 year old outdated system out. Fast boot speeds are a God send. 

my OS SSD is running out of space and my HDDs are to slow, but I just can't decide what to get *hint hint*

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

I have a laptop which I use for uni and gaming but it's only got a 5400rpm hard drive, I've been really wanting to get an SSD, Very often when I use the laptop I find the hard disk at 100% usage, especially when playing an open world game or doing programming. SSD would really help.

I would love to have this as I am looking at creating a FreeNAS system and would love to use it as a cache drive.

Other than that everyone deserves to have an SSD at least as a boot drive to experience real computing.

My current SSD is 120 gigs which is waaay too small even for only windows. Some programs have to be installed on the boot drive and those filled it up pretty fast! I'd love more space!

Building a new rig and a SSD would be the icing on the cake and permit me to avoid using a mechanical for a boot drive until I can get one :( 

PC - NZXT H510 Elite, Ryzen 5600, 16GB DDR3200 2x8GB, EVGA 3070 FTW3 Ultra, Asus VG278HQ 165hz,

Mac - 1.4ghz i5, 4GB DDR3 1600mhz, Intel HD 5000.  x2

Endlessly wishing for a BBQ in space.

Hello, first of all i would like to thank you guys bc your videos helped me a lot deciding my new build, and me being some kind of a "noob" pc enthusiastic they were very helpfull in some other related topics. 

Now, about the SSD i would like to get one more, cause i already have one from my previous system, but its only 120Gb and i cant put more than 2 games there cause recent games go for +40/50 Gb of disk space.

About the speed, what i can say its that they are very very fast, like "Buggatti Veyron" fast (except a SSD will run at top speed for more than 10 minutes), so everyone can have an idea, my previous PC booted fast than my monitor.

Thanks & Keep up the good work.

I would like to have an SSD because of a couple of reasons: 1, it's not that common yet in my country, except for those at the very bleeding edge, so I haven't actually experienced using a PC with an SSD before; 2, because I'm doing an incremental upgrade to my PC (i.e. get as many cross-compatible components and use them in my old rig first, then jump to the new rig) and I could really use that horsepower for my work (I do programming and advert design, so all my work is heavy workstation-grade).

I think SSDs are simply where we've been heading towards, a no modern PC should have a mechanical drive. It's the best upgrade that has the most oomph for all computing tasks. And having a mechanical storage medium should be left for archiving purposes (such as how we used to use DVD's and CD's once the high-capacity HDDs came out).

I'm building a nice PC as cheap as possible. Since SSD's cost a bit, would rock to get one free :)

Hey guys, just getting ready for a Major PC upgrade after 3+ years and this would go a long way to keeping me within budget.

After seeing what a system with and without SSD does to boot and load times, I keep harping on about the SSD benefits to everyone.

I need an SSD for my system because i only have 120 gb of storage and it will be full soon, so an extra SSD would be nice :D . Everyone needs an SSD because it has faster booting time and it is more stable than an ordinary HDD . It can be hit with a bat too :D 

On 8-2-2016 at 8:40 AM, nicklmg said:

d7f8b1f41c.jpg

Newegg link: http://bit.ly/1PPPUZ3

We're partnering up with Apacer to give away 5 of their AS330 Panther 240G SSDs! These 2.5" drives feature up to 545MB/sec reads, up to 520MB/sec writes, and ECC engine correcting up to 72bit/1KB.

So how can you win one of these sweet SSDs?

1. Post a comment below about why you want a new SSD or why you think everyone should have an SSD in their system. (1 comment/entry per person).

2. Wait 7 days (or less than 7 days if you're signing up after February 8).

3. Check back on the forum to see if you've won! All winners will be PMed here on the forum, so make sure you have email notifications for PMs turned on. Winners will have 3 days to respond.

This is a worldwide giveaway with no age restrictions, so everyone is welcome to take part!

Best of luck :D

I want to win an SSD, because I think everyone deserves a SSD, so much more productive. Waiting till your document of 1gb transferd to be ablte to work further is just so annoying.

Hello, everyone.

I want to win SSD because buying it in my country (which is Russia), due to drastic changes of currency relations, became nearly impossible.

Anyway, aside that sad note I think solid state storage technologies are awesome and let regular consumers experience a lot more from their equipment, even if it's 7-10 years old.

I've currently got a 64 gig ssd that I got 3 years ago as a boot drive and this new ssd would be a great improvement in space and speed

I want to win an ssd, because it´s a flippen ssd. It´s like upgrade #1 you make if you build a computer without one. Everyone should have an ssd because then the common folk wouldn´t complain as much about their computer being so slow.

Hi,

An SSD just adds so much potential to a setup. When I got mine I no longer had time to make coffee+have a breakfast after I pressed the power button. Now it boots up so fast.

It's not that big though, so it would be nice to have more space (possibly for games and programs other than the system and it's components).

I want a SSD because I never had one I plan to buy one but I hope I get this one and can finally play some of my games smoothly :3 Thank you!

i really dont why i need it becous i have a laptop but i can safe me money to buy other stuff :)

I dont have any ssd for my pc build so I want to try if having ssd in my system can make my system fast. I want to have one and I cant afford it. That's sad tho. xD

I want da SSD because y not? Everyone should have an SSD to boot your OS off of and your favourite games. They're just plain faster!

On 08/02/2016 at 9:40 AM, nicklmg said:

d7f8b1f41c.jpg

Newegg link: http://bit.ly/1PPPUZ3

We're partnering up with Apacer to give away 5 of their AS330 Panther 240G SSDs! These 2.5" drives feature up to 545MB/sec reads, up to 520MB/sec writes, and ECC engine correcting up to 72bit/1KB.

So how can you win one of these sweet SSDs?

1. Post a comment below about why you want a new SSD or why you think everyone should have an SSD in their system. (1 comment/entry per person).

2. Wait 7 days (or less than 7 days if you're signing up after February 8).

3. Check back on the forum to see if you've won! All winners will be PMed here on the forum, so make sure you have email notifications for PMs turned on. Winners will have 3 days to respond.

This is a worldwide giveaway with no age restrictions, so everyone is welcome to take part!

Best of luck :D

Building a pc for my small big brother that is "noob" with pc and stuff but i want to give him best posable i can afford and would give him that ssd

Everyone needs to have an SSD to boot EVERYTHING faster, but my one is 60GB which I bought a long time ago and would love to replace it cause I need alot more space!! i can hardly install anything!! :(((

Id love an ssd because im planning on buying one when i get my new PC, winning one means i can spend more moneys on the fun stuff. I think everyone else should have an ssd so no one else needs to win these ones so i can win it...... logic

I don't want it for my OS, it boots quite a long time (5-10 minutes), but only once a day and then I play games till the night. Therefore I'd like to put some games on it, especially World of Warcraft, to shorten the loading screens.