R6 Siege: Is it comparable to CSGO?

APrettyCoolWalrus
Go to solution Solved by TickTock,

Siege is A LOT of fun!  WHEN the servers work. The word WHEN is very important here since the beginning/launch of this game it has been riddled with horrible server (people from europe getting connected through servers in south america) the situation is a lot better lately and hopefully will be completely fixed when they roll out the patch that will allow us to select the location of the server we want to connect through. 

The amount of players cheating/bug exploits in this game is horrible for example Kapkan placing his trip wire removing it and placing it again caused for the laser beam to graphically disappear(cant see the laser most chances you will trip it and die) the amount of aim bot users (at least in my northern europe servers) was insanely high and made competitive gaming not worth it (which is why i stay on non compet) the fact that if somebody decides to start team killing doesn't have a punishment except maybe kicking him( start a vote kick...wait to gather votes...) is highly annoying.
In general i enjoy this game immensely and it has a huge potential of becoming so much more once all these points i mentioned above get fixed.

I have a good amount of steam money that I can use and I was wondering if Rainbow Six Siege was a good game to get into. I love CSGO and the competitive aspect of it, and I was hoping to find that same down-to-the-wire feeling of competitive play in Siege. I played the betas but felt the game got repetitive and boring. Is it still the same way? Would anyone suggest getting it? 

Spoiler

i5 4670k, GTX 970, 12GB 1600, 120GB SSD, 240GB SDD, 1TB HDD, CM Storm Quickfire TK, G502, VG248QE, ATH M40x, Fractal R4

Spoiler

i5 4278U, Intel Iris Graphics, 8GB 1600, 128GB SSD, 2560x1600 IPS display, Mid-2014 Model

Spoiler

All the parts are here, just need to get customized cords to connect the motherboard to the front panel.

I have 200hours in it.

I have 357hours in CS:GO

I prefer it to CS:GO. In my opinion it's the same game with modern graphics and generally more fun.

Server issues have been fixed and devs have released a few nice updates with new content e.t.c

It's one of those games you never really get bored of.

Just now, Aytex said:

its just close quarters bf4

the movement/style of gameplay is about the same as bf franchise

as in csgo its more choppy, more accruate ect

CSGO or Siege is more choppy?

Spoiler

i5 4670k, GTX 970, 12GB 1600, 120GB SSD, 240GB SDD, 1TB HDD, CM Storm Quickfire TK, G502, VG248QE, ATH M40x, Fractal R4

Spoiler

i5 4278U, Intel Iris Graphics, 8GB 1600, 128GB SSD, 2560x1600 IPS display, Mid-2014 Model

Spoiler

All the parts are here, just need to get customized cords to connect the motherboard to the front panel.

Just now, Aytex said:

csgo...

have you never play'd bf franchise?

I have wayyyy over a thousand hours in BF3, BF4, and BFH. Throw in maybe 200 or so in BC2, 100 in Vietnam, and a 100 in BF1942. I'm kind of a big fan of the series, but I wouldn't ever consider BF4 good for competitive play.

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

12 minutes ago, APrettyCoolWalrus said:

I have a good amount of steam money that I can use and I was wondering if Rainbow Six Siege was a good game to get into. I love CSGO and the competitive aspect of it, and I was hoping to find that same down-to-the-wire feeling of competitive play in Siege. I played the betas but felt the game got repetitive and boring. Is it still the same way? Would anyone suggest getting it? 

I enjoy it, connections can sometimes be brutal. But for game-plays sake and ranked mode, I'd say it's a lot of fun.

Not sure how the game will perform for the competitions that are starting next month though lol...

1 minute ago, APrettyCoolWalrus said:

I have wayyyy over a thousand hours in BF3, BF4, and BFH. Throw in maybe 200 or so in BC2, 100 in Vietnam, and a 100 in BF1942. I'm kind of a big fan of the series, but I wouldn't ever consider BF4 good for competitive play.

well like i said, seige is more battlefieldy in terms of movement/aiming,ect

1 minute ago, Aytex said:

well like i said, seige is more battlefieldy in terms of movement/aiming,ect

Hopefully you mean Battlefield after they upgraded the tick rates of the servers

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

3 minutes ago, CPotter said:

I enjoy it, connections can sometimes be brutal. But for game-plays sake and ranked mode, I'd say it's a lot of fun.

Not sure how the game will perform for the competitions that are starting next month though lol...

I heard about those. Maybe I should see how those go, I would love to see Siege become a team-based eSports game. A CSGO buddy of mine owns Siege, maybe it will be fun to play with him, although he doesn't quite like the game.

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

I daresay its better but the price is too damn high

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

as someone who has 1300+ hours combined between all of my accounts in CSGO and 36 hours in r6 siege, I actually prefer rainbow 6 siege, it's more fun to play as it's less competitive (as in actual players that are playing the game) but the ranked ranking system is broken ass...went from gold 4 to copper 4 because I played the game for fun while still dropping 8k at lease per game...jeezus the system is unfair...

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

1 minute ago, thekeemo said:

I daresay its better but the price is too damn high

Yeah that's the one thing holding me back. I'll get it off G2A or somewhere else when it dips to 40 or 35 dollars.

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Just now, APrettyCoolWalrus said:

Yeah that's the one thing holding me back. I'll get it off G2A or somewhere else when it dips to 40 or 35 dollars.

its $50 CAD on G2A im waiting for 20

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

Just now, thekeemo said:

its $50 on G2A

On Steam it is, but on Uplay its $37. Is there a way I could easily play Siege with my steam friends while on UPlay (since buying the game off steam links you to UPlay anyway)?

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Just now, APrettyCoolWalrus said:

On Steam it is, but on Uplay its $37. Is there a way I could easily play Siege with my steam friends while on UPlay (since buying the game off steam links you to UPlay anyway)?

They would have a uplay account to play it so just use the uplay thing

Both kinda suck shit to be 100% honest. 

CS sucks because hackers, smurfs, parasites in general

Rainbow 6 sucks because the movement seems clunky, gun sounds aren't memorable, only a few of the operators are actually cool (IMO) basically if you see somebody first it's guaranteed you kill them UNLESS YOU FUCKING SUCK

That being said

Rainbow 6 is fun with friends

CS is fun if you can get into a good game

Sally: l Intel i5 4690k | | Corsair H55 | | Zalman z12 plus | | Hitachi 2TB HDD | | Samsung 840 Pro 128 GB | | ASRock Fatal1ty z97 Killer | | Corsair Vengeance 16 GB | | EVGA SuperNova 750 watt | | MSI 390 | | Windows 10| 

16 minutes ago, MattLantis said:

Both kinda suck shit to be 100% honest. 

CS sucks because hackers, smurfs, parasites in general

Rainbow 6 sucks because the movement seems clunky, gun sounds aren't memorable, only a few of the operators are actually cool (IMO) basically if you see somebody first it's guaranteed you kill them UNLESS YOU FUCKING SUCK

That being said

Rainbow 6 is fun with friends

CS is fun if you can get into a good game

I think I'm partly to blame for that smurf thing >:)

Anyway, its good to hear that Siege is a fun game, but is it also a game that I can get really good at and learn a lot of tricks? 

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

2 hours ago, APrettyCoolWalrus said:

I think I'm partly to blame for that smurf thing >:)

Anyway, its good to hear that Siege is a fun game, but is it also a game that I can get really good at and learn a lot of tricks? 

Dunno, I didn't play too much of it

Sally: l Intel i5 4690k | | Corsair H55 | | Zalman z12 plus | | Hitachi 2TB HDD | | Samsung 840 Pro 128 GB | | ASRock Fatal1ty z97 Killer | | Corsair Vengeance 16 GB | | EVGA SuperNova 750 watt | | MSI 390 | | Windows 10| 

3 hours ago, APrettyCoolWalrus said:

45 on steam sale now fyi

12 hours ago, Traygor_Icarion said:

45 on steam sale now fyi

Oh, is it? That's good, I think I'll save my steam wallet for other things and use paypal for g2a. 

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

I've never been a CSGO guy (or much of a competitive guy either) but Siege is getting me into more competitive shooters, It's a lot more focused on positioning and tactics than CSGO and less so on skill (still important though).  The different operators really make the game special though because as a defender, you have to learn to deal with every type of attacker and as an attacker, you've really got to check your corners and watch out for traps or gadgets that'll blow your position.  Intelligence is also a big part of siege.  the little drone things will save your life.

About me:  23 Year old Software Developer from Wales, UK.  PC gamer and occasional Xbox Series X gamer (fanboy in recovery lol).  I stream occasionally as a hobby. 

The Rigs/Specs

KONAN (Main Rig): 

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core I7-10700K

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X Digital Midi Tower Glass Gaming Case - Gunmetal Grey

Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming (Socket LGA 1200) DDR4 ATX Motherboard

GPU: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3070 Gaming OC 8GB GDDR6 Graphics Card

RAM: Team Group Vulcan Z T-Force 48GB (2x8GB & 2x16GB) DDR4 PC4-25600C16 3200MHz

PSU: Corsair HXi Series HX850i

Storage: M.2, SATA SSD, Array of 6TB HDDs, etc etc. 

CASWYN (Old Main Rig - Retired):

Spoiler

CASWYN (Main Rig):  i7 6700k @4.4Ghz, AsRock Z170 Pro4 Motherboard, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080, 16GB Kingston HyperX Fury Black Series (2133MHz, DDR4) Array of several Hard Drives totaling to 9TB, Samsung 840 120Gb SSD (Boot drive)  Ask for other stuff where relevant

CLESEK (Laptop):

Spoiler

Dell Inspiron 7559 Gaming Laptop - i7-6700HQ, 12GB DDR4 RAM, GeForce GTX 960m, ADATA 128GB SSD, 1TB Standard HDD

Having had a bit 250 hours on CS:GO, I personally like Rainbow Six Siege more. In my opinion, takes more tactic than CSGO.

Spoiler

Everyday build:

CPU: Intel Core i7 5960x - GPU(s): 2x EVGA GTX 980 Ti Superclocked+ ACX2.0+ (SLI) - Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 - Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth X99 - RAM: 32GB Kingston HyperX Fury Black DDR4 4x8GB (2666MHz) - Storage: Intel 750 Series 1.2TB + 4TB WD Black - Case: Corsair 760T White - PSU: SeaSonic 1200W 80+ Platinum Certified - OS: Windows 10 Pro - Wireless Adapter: TP-Link Archer T9E - Monitor: Acer XB270HU bprz - Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB - Mouse(s): Corsair Gaming M65 RGB + Logitech MX Master - Headphones: Sennheiser PC363D

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/WhyK99 https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/474247-r8-my-build/

Weekend build:

CPU: Intel Core i7 5930k - GPU(s): 2x EVGA GTX 980 Ti Classified ACX2.0+ (SLI) - Cooler: NZXT Kraken X61 - Motherboard: ASUS X99-Deluxe - RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix Sport LT DDR4 4x8GB (2666MHz) - Storage: Samsung 950 Pro 512GB m.2 & 2TB Samsung 850 Evo - Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv - PSU: SeaSonic SnowSilent 1050W 80+ Platinum Certified - OS: Windows 10 Home - Monitor: Dell S2716DG 144hz - Keyboard: Corsair STRAFE RGB - Mouse: Corsair Gaming M65 RGB - Headphones: Sennheiser PC363D

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/YYK93C

Thanks all! I got Siege and played with two friends. I had a good time, money well spent!

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler