R6 Siege: Is it comparable to CSGO?

APrettyCoolWalrus
Go to solution Solved by TickTock,

Siege is A LOT of fun!  WHEN the servers work. The word WHEN is very important here since the beginning/launch of this game it has been riddled with horrible server (people from europe getting connected through servers in south america) the situation is a lot better lately and hopefully will be completely fixed when they roll out the patch that will allow us to select the location of the server we want to connect through. 

The amount of players cheating/bug exploits in this game is horrible for example Kapkan placing his trip wire removing it and placing it again caused for the laser beam to graphically disappear(cant see the laser most chances you will trip it and die) the amount of aim bot users (at least in my northern europe servers) was insanely high and made competitive gaming not worth it (which is why i stay on non compet) the fact that if somebody decides to start team killing doesn't have a punishment except maybe kicking him( start a vote kick...wait to gather votes...) is highly annoying.
In general i enjoy this game immensely and it has a huge potential of becoming so much more once all these points i mentioned above get fixed.

On 2/5/2016 at 2:29 PM, CPotter said:

I enjoy it, connections can sometimes be brutal. But for game-plays sake and ranked mode, I'd say it's a lot of fun.

Not sure how the game will perform for the competitions that are starting next month though lol...

At least Rainbow 6 employees don't get copyright strikes against their own game though...

AMIRITE GUYS? AMIRITE?

On 2/5/2016 at 2:14 PM, APrettyCoolWalrus said:

I have a good amount of steam money that I can use and I was wondering if Rainbow Six Siege was a good game to get into. I love CSGO and the competitive aspect of it, and I was hoping to find that same down-to-the-wire feeling of competitive play in Siege. I played the betas but felt the game got repetitive and boring. Is it still the same way? Would anyone suggest getting it? 

The only game comparable to cs:go is other versions of CS. Nothing more...

i7 7700k @ 4.9ghz | Asus Maximus IX Hero | G.skill 32gb @ 3200 | Gtx 1080 classified | In win 909 | Samsung 960 pro 1tb | WD caviar blue 1tb x3 | Dell u3417w | Corsair H115i | Ducky premier dk9008p (mx reds) | Logitech g900 | Sennheiser hd 800s w/ hdvd 800 | Audioengine a5+ w/ s8

On 2/5/2016 at 5:23 PM, Pearsonia said:

-

Well the games are the same in the sense you shoot people with guns. 

Siege is A LOT of fun!  WHEN the servers work. The word WHEN is very important here since the beginning/launch of this game it has been riddled with horrible server (people from europe getting connected through servers in south america) the situation is a lot better lately and hopefully will be completely fixed when they roll out the patch that will allow us to select the location of the server we want to connect through. 

The amount of players cheating/bug exploits in this game is horrible for example Kapkan placing his trip wire removing it and placing it again caused for the laser beam to graphically disappear(cant see the laser most chances you will trip it and die) the amount of aim bot users (at least in my northern europe servers) was insanely high and made competitive gaming not worth it (which is why i stay on non compet) the fact that if somebody decides to start team killing doesn't have a punishment except maybe kicking him( start a vote kick...wait to gather votes...) is highly annoying.
In general i enjoy this game immensely and it has a huge potential of becoming so much more once all these points i mentioned above get fixed.

15 hours ago, eLucid said:

The only game comparable to cs:go is other versions of CS. Nothing more...

Yeah nothing like it I suppose, but other games can at least bring competitive gameplay to the table

Spoiler

i5 4670k, GTX 970, 12GB 1600, 120GB SSD, 240GB SDD, 1TB HDD, CM Storm Quickfire TK, G502, VG248QE, ATH M40x, Fractal R4

Spoiler

i5 4278U, Intel Iris Graphics, 8GB 1600, 128GB SSD, 2560x1600 IPS display, Mid-2014 Model

Spoiler

All the parts are here, just need to get customized cords to connect the motherboard to the front panel.