All people over _____ know how to drive a manual

Virtual01

3rd pedal master race  

52 members have voted

1. 1. At what age do you assume a person knows how to drive a manual (standard) car?

• 50+
    • Everyone in my country knows how to drive a manual
    • I don't assume anyone knows how to drive a manual

Simple topic, how old does a person have to be before you automatically assume that they know how to drive stick?

As someone living in the US, I don't think there has been a time when a person riding in my car for the first time didn't comment on the fact that it's a manual. I'm sure if I was twice as old though, nobody would care.

I realize that in some countries driving a manual is basically unavoidable, so I included an "everyone" option.

Juts depends on the person there are lots of people that have no idea how to drive manual even though there past driving age.

New: PCPartPicker part list

Old:Intel® Core2 Quad CPU Q8400 @ 2.66GHz, GIGABYTE GA-EP43T-UD3L, 4 GB Elixir PC3 ddr3-1333,  ASUS RADEON R7 260X, Thermaltake M9, 1TB HDD, GreatWall GW550SEL 550 WATT, BENQ GW2255, Hyper T4, Samson SR950 Headphones, fiio ek10.

is there an option for assume they dont?

no one knows how to drive a damn stick shift

hell, i only know cause i lived on a farm

I live in the US, for the most part, the only people that know how to drive manual are the people that were driving when that was the only option

LTT Community Standards                                               Welcome!-A quick guide for new members to LTT

Man's Machine- i7-7700k@5.0GHz / Asus M8H / GTX 1080Ti / 4x4gb Gskill 3000 CL15  / Custom loop / 240gb Intel SSD / 3tb HDD / Corsair RM1000x / Dell S2716DG

The Lady's Rig- G3258@4.4GHz(1.39v) on Hyper 212 / Gigabyte GA-B85M / gtx750 / 8gb PNY xlr8 / 500gb seagate HDD / CS 450M / Asus PB277Q

Every person I know drives a automatic, or at least those automatic/manual combo ones lol

only saw a real manual once in my lifetime haha

Intel i7 6700K | MSI Krait Z170A MSI GTX 980 w/ NZXT Kraken G10/x31 Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD/WD Blue 1TB HDD NZXT H440 | K70 RGB/SteelSeries Rival

In America, manuals do not sell well because less and less people use them.

So I don't assume any to use them by a certain age. 

5800X3D - RTX 4070 - 2K @ 165Hz

im like 16 and in the US a country where almost everyone is a lazy ass and drives autos lol. yet i know how to drive a manual and i know some of the tricks with one to liek clutchless shifting but i really dont recommend doing it 

"Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning." -Albert Einstein

I refuse to own anything but stick. I learned how to drive them when I was 16, which was when I got my first car.

Therefore I assume expect that all guys 16 and over know how to do so, and cool girls 16 and over know how to do so.

Edit: I suppose I should say I assume nobody knows how to drive them.

PCPartPicker link: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/R6GTGX

Привет товарищ ))))

7 minutes ago, connorpiper said:

In America, manuals do not sell well because less and less people use them.

So I don't assume any to use them by a certain age. 

It's the best anti-theft system in the US.

ROG X570-F Strix AMD R9 5900X | EK Elite 360 | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 64gb | Samsung 980 PRO 
ROG Strix XG349C Corsair 4000 | Bose C5 | ROG Swift PG279Q

Logitech G810 Orion Sennheiser HD 518 |  Logitech 502 Hero

during my time, everyone must get manual license

only recently (2010 maybe) they started to separate auto and manual licenses

so i used to assume everyone can drive manual at 18...but not anymore....

Here in Victoria if you take your exam in an auto, your probationary license is restricted to auto however you graduate from that after 3 years of driving and you can drive a manual. With that being said though, most people I know who are above 25 know how to drive a manual while those below mostly don't.

American here.

Most people don't drive manuals here. Those I know that do are car enthusiasts.

If you don't like cars beyond getting from A to B, then there isn't a good reason to drive manual.

I argue driving a manual in the states is a bigger pain in the ass versus Europe simply do to the f*cking stupid speed limit system. You'd be shifting all the time. Also we don't have (nearly as many) roundabouts here, so lots of stopping and starting as well. Plus manuals are less efficient.

"Normandy" i7 4790K - GTX 970 - Phantom 410 (Gun metal) - Z97 Extreme4 (asrock) - 128GB Crucial SSD - 1TB WD HDD - H60 Refurb. - 7 case fans | G710+ Keyboard, G230 Headset, Acer GN246HL Monitor.

Quick thoughts on system: I7 is extremely quick and I'm glad I spent the extra for hyper-threading. I regret my decision to get the GTX 970, it has horrible coil whine. There isn't any excuse for this terrible whine I and others are having. I HIGHLY recommend a 144hz monitor. Future Improvements/upgrades: Rubber fan mounts, basic speakers, more ram (for a total of 16gb), replace GPU.

144hz is love. 144hz is life. I like to submit unfinished posts then do about 20 edits. I like the Night Theme too.

All the kids at my high school drive auto

those pussies

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

Here in Italy everyone drives manual.

Auto is not popular, basically it's the opposite of the US.

13 minutes ago, as96 said:
13 minutes ago, as96 said:

Here in Italy everyone drives manual.

Auto is not popular, basically it's the opposite of the US.

Is that mainly because of the efficiency of manual cars and the absurd European gas prices?

2 hours ago, thatguyyouknow75 said:

All people with a y chromosome know how to drive a manual

More of my female friends know how to drive manual than male.

2 hours ago, CarDesinr said:

I assume everyone should know how to drive stick if you have a license. One day my kids will only have manual cars so they can't text and drive.....

Don't do that then they will just leave it in 2nd gear and cruise with a constant rpm of 7k.

Everyone with a drivers license in Denmark knows how to drive a manuel. You can't legally get a drivers license if your driving lessons took place with an automatic. 

So everyone over 18, who has a drivers license, knows how to drive a manuel. 

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

honestly i dont think about this as age related. around here almost everyone knows how to drive manual. if someone tells me he doesnt i assume he/she is either really stupid (have seen it) or doesnt drive at all yet or has always had a family so rich he only had top shelf super expensive cars.

"You know it'll clock down as soon as it hits 40°C, right?" - "Yeah ... but it doesnt hit 40°C ... ever  😄"

GPU: MSI GTX1080 Ti Aero @ 2 GHz (watercooled) CPU: Ryzen 5600X (watercooled) RAM: 32GB 3600Mhz Corsair LPX MB: Gigabyte B550i PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Hyte Revolt 3

I'm 14 and know how to shift stick. my dad gives me a couple of driving lessons a month in this huge parking lot, so i've shifted up to 3rd. really, the first time i would keep stalling the car by releasing the clutch way too fast, and going on the brakes without putting the clutch in, but 3 lessons furhter i'm completely used to it

as for the country i live in, well a total of 3 cars in my street are auto, of about 15 cars. that including my mom's merc, which is auto. mind you, her 2012 merc is her first auto car. (and she has had tons of cars, rover, VW, citroen, lancia, and many more. she hated her rover though)

My Main Build: NZXT S340 - NZXT Kraken X31 - Crucial MX100 256GB - i5 4460 - Gigabyte Z97P D3 - Kingston HyperX Red 8GB - MSI Nvidia GTX 780 3GB - Corsair LL & HD RGB Fans, Corsair Lighting Node Pro. 

6 hours ago, Virtual01 said:

Simple topic, how old does a person have to be before you automatically assume that they know how to drive stick?

As someone living in the US, I don't think there has been a time when a person riding in my car for the first time didn't comment on the fact that it's a manual. I'm sure if I was twice as old though, nobody would care.

I realize that in some countries driving a manual is basically unavoidable, so I included an "everyone" option.

I'm not old enough to drive where I live but in the US I could learn. Honestly I would learn both.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),