Gaming Headset

lucky74dog

I'm looking for a new gaming headset, but know almost nothing about audio. I'm hoping I could get one for less than $50, as I have a $50 amazon giftcard, but wouldn't mind going a bit higher if its worth it. I really don't care about mic quality, but I'm hoping I could get a pair with at least similar quality to my current earbuds, the Sony XBA H1s. Any suggestions? I'm not going to be listening to music with them, but the higher sound quality the better.  

My new rig build log:http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/80801-m-itx-pc/?p=1158887 Now finished with  970!                          Can anybody give me a freelancer?                  I need to transport more HYPBP.               Butt Imperium games                     RAINBOW .                   840 EVO still awesome                    The evil that is verizon has been vanquished!      ܝܘܚܢܢ ܒܝܬ ܐܦܪܝܡ

use your earbuds and get a craptastic desk mic for cheap no?

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

The Corsair Raptor HS40 is good. It's only 35 bucks, and the HS30 (which I had) was even cheaper. I'd probably just go with the HS30 and get Razer Surround Pro if I were you. If not, the Vengeance 1500 seems nice.

Maybe dome Superlux 668Bs with pair of replacement pads. I have heard that the stock pads are awful. Add a Zalman clipmic and you have a headset. Should be +/-50$

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/334934-unofficial-ltt-beginners-guide/ (by Minibois) and a few things that will make our community interaction more pleasent:
1. FOLLOW your own topics                                                                                2.Try to QUOTE people so we can read through things easier
3.Use
PCPARTPICKER.COM - easy and most importantly approved here        4.Mark your topics SOLVED if they are                                
Don't change a running system

Now that you guys mention it, an external mic and my earbuds would be a much better solution, so any other recommendations on those? I don't really care about sound quality.  

My new rig build log:http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/80801-m-itx-pc/?p=1158887 Now finished with  970!                          Can anybody give me a freelancer?                  I need to transport more HYPBP.               Butt Imperium games                     RAINBOW .                   840 EVO still awesome                    The evil that is verizon has been vanquished!      ܝܘܚܢܢ ܒܝܬ ܐܦܪܝܡ

13 hours ago, lucky74dog said:

Now that you guys mention it, an external mic and my earbuds would be a much better solution, so any other recommendations on those? I don't really care about sound quality.  

Cheap China mics.

I got 5 for 4$ and they sound the same as 98% of all "gaming" headsets

When it comes to sound get  Superlux 668B or 661 then you can have a really great "gaming" headset for 30-35$

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

Either Superlux 681/681 Evo / 668B + cheap micro

Or you save for a Kingston hyperX Cloud (based on a very good headphone, a Takstar Pro 80).

EVERY single other "gaming headset", be it logitech, razer, tritton, astro, rocat, steelseries, etc etc, WILL be significantly worse. Even headsets for twice the price from those "gaming" companies will be vastly below the Kingston. Thats, how good it is for his 70 bucks~

If you Ignore the Kingston headset (which is a big exception in the whole "Gaming headset" thing, the Superlux + Microphone combination will beat pretty much ANY "Gaming-headset" from companies listed above up to 100-150 bucks.

@ Microphone: idk if its sold in your country, but check out the "Zalman Mic1" (or maybe one few bucks from Koenig). I own the zalman mic1, and it is BETTER than most microphones, that you can find in <100€ gaming headsets.