Is driverscape.com safe?

Number

Is driverscape safe to use? I'm wondering if anyone has reported any virus'/rootkits from their site.

Numbre

Haven't heard about it before but it's always better to go to the manufacturer's website for drivers.

My Build:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 4770k GPU: GTX 780 Direct CUII Motherboard: Asus Maximus VI Hero SSD: 840 EVO 250GB HDD: 2xSeagate 2 TB PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 650W

If you need drivers, why not go to the website of the manufacturer?

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Is driverscape safe to use? I'm wondering if anyone has reported any virus'/rootkits from their site.

According to VirusTotal, the website itself is clean.  Many people are saying that it downloads rouges and trojans with a fake driver.  If you need a driver, go to the vendor's site and not a third party site

If you need drivers, why not go to the website of the manufacturer?

I downloaded something from them a while ago..when I was a noob and realized that I should have downloaded it from the manufacturers site.

Numbre

I downloaded something from them a while ago..when I was a noob and realized that I should have downloaded it from the manufacturers site.

Yeah it's always a good idea to get your drivers straight from your manufacturer.

My ~$200 USD build:

AMD A8-7600    G. Skill Ripjaws Z @1800 CAS 8     EVGA 500w 80+ PSU    Gigabyte GAF2A68HM-DS2H Motherboard

According to VirusTotal, the website itself is clean.  Many people are saying that it downloads rouges and trojans with a fake driver.  If you need a driver, go to the vendor's site and not a third party site

Alright thanks!

Numbre

• 1 year later...

Umax does not reply to emails and conveniently does not have phone support. Therefore making contact about drivers somewhat impossible. 

i would avoid anything that offers to scan or download drivers for you. just go directly to the manufacturer and get the latest from them. most drivers are kept up to date by windows anyway, it's mainly the GPU that you need to keep on top of

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

It's perfectly safe as long as you download the actual drivers that you need since I found a windows 10 compatible SATA/AHCI driver for my Acer Aspire 5551 which wasn't available from the manufacturers website since they no longer support that laptop (and don't even support it with windows 10 drivers).