Is My GPU Sagging Too Much? (Pics inside)

Go to solution Solved by dragoon20005,

install the recording card into the X16 slot

yes you will lose your full X16 mode

but you wont worry about GPU touching anything else

Is this normal sagging? Or should I be worried?

First picture - Normal.

Second picture - Finger support.

post-254706-0-71343200-1453861029_thumb.

post-254706-0-14867900-1453861041_thumb.

not as bad it seems

But i will suggest install the GPU into the first X16 slot

moving the recording card to the bottom

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

I wouldn't say its sagging awfully, if you move it via car or any other transport i would consider a backplate

Spoiler

Gaming/Engineering PC: -i7 6700K, 4-4.2GHz "Eleanor" -ASUS ROG HERO VIII MOBO -16GB DDR4 3000MHz Corsair (2x8GB) -Gigabyte Windforce 980Ti OC edition (1405MHz GPU clock) -H110i GT Corsair CPU Water cooler -980GB Sandisk Ultra II SSD -Corsair 450D ATX Case -RM850i Corsair PSU (Modular) -28” 4K Samsung -27” 1080p Samsung 

Its fine

(We get these posts really often...)

It will only be a problem if it somehow loses contact between the heatsink and the GPU core.

pretty good sag there ,I think it can stay where it is, but maybe put something under it on the end to support it? it's not bad yet though

CPU: Intel Core i7 Extreme Edition 3960X | Motherboard: Intel DX79SR "Stormville" | RAM: 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws Z Series DDR3 PC3-12800 (4x 8GB) Quad-Channel | GPU: 2x EVGA GTX 970 FTW 4GB in SLI (I have Many other builds plus 100+ Macs (don't judge me)... Many specs are listed on my profile)

[PC#1] Log: [Link] [PC#2] Log: [Link] F@H stats: [Link]

I wouldn't say its sagging awfully, if you move it via car or any other transport i would consider a backplate

It has a backplate. If I move any computer i'd take the GPU out and put it in its original case/box with its anti static bag.

Normal amount of sag, abnormal position on the motherboard.

Hello there, fellow dark theme users

"Be excellent to each other and party on dudes." - Abraham Lincoln    #wiiumasterrace

just realised it does have a backplate... that's even worse..

could be motherboard, i.e not plugged in properly or the PCI socket is sagging itself

either that or get another third-party stronger back plate. but on a strix it shouldnt be the card (not that i would've thought anyways)

Spoiler

Gaming/Engineering PC: -i7 6700K, 4-4.2GHz "Eleanor" -ASUS ROG HERO VIII MOBO -16GB DDR4 3000MHz Corsair (2x8GB) -Gigabyte Windforce 980Ti OC edition (1405MHz GPU clock) -H110i GT Corsair CPU Water cooler -980GB Sandisk Ultra II SSD -Corsair 450D ATX Case -RM850i Corsair PSU (Modular) -28” 4K Samsung -27” 1080p Samsung 

just realised it does have a backplate... that's even worse..

could be motherboard, i.e not plugged in properly or the PCI socket is sagging itself

either that or get another third-party stronger back plate. but on a strix it shouldnt be the card (not that i would've thought anyways)

Another backplate isn't going to help this sagging card.  Move it up and leave it.

First picture - Normal.

Second picture - Finger support.

Re-orientate where your cards are.

The PCB itself is bending, so I would definitely say to make some sort of DIY support bracket.

The Rig: NZXT H440 M3 (Green and Black) (Ncase M1 coming soon!!) | Intel Core i5-4690k x BeQuiet PureRock Slim | EVGA GTX 1060 6GB SSC  | ASUS H81i Plus | 12GB EVGA SSC @ 1600MHz | Seagate Barracuda 2TB | Sandisk Ultra II 480GB | Corsair SF 450| LG 29" Ultrawide | CoolerMaster Quickfire Rapid TKL | Corsair M65 Black Sennheiser HD 558 (MOD) | Audio-Technica ATR 2500

Does it work? If yes, then it's fine. I wouldn't worry about it, but you could prop it up with something or ziptie the power cables to pull up.

NZXT Phantom|FX-8320 @4.4GHz|Gigabyte 970A-UD3P|240GB SSD|2x 500GB HDD|16GB RAM|2x AMD MSI R9 270|2x 1080p IPS|Win 10

Dell Precision M4500 - Dell Latitude E4310 - HTC One M8

$200 Volvo 245

Thanks for all the feedback guys.

not as bad it seems

But i will suggest install the GPU into the first X16 slot

moving the recording card to the bottom

Alright guys so I've rearranged the order. It looks like the Saggy GPU is making contact with my capture card, isn't that a bad thing?

Everything is working fine, but would I run into problems in the future due to this contact?

post-254706-0-68679300-1453863865_thumb.

Backplates dont actually prevent sagging. If fact they cause more sagging due to adding weight to the card.

Here are my GPUs without backplates that dont sag:

XoLKqpQ.jpg

Sag is 100% eliminated by having the tension from the power cables going upwards. If moving a PC, you should always remove the GPUs and CPU cooler regardless of sag.

Linus is my fetish.

well...it looks like it's pulling on your motherboard quite a bit...you could try to find a small piece of something in plastic ideally black to make a small leg to support your card...i use a toy plastic bolt on mine you can't even see it with the side panel closed and it keep everything straight, here:

Capture.jpg

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

install the recording card into the X16 slot

yes you will lose your full X16 mode

but you wont worry about GPU touching anything else

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

Almost as saggy as the tits on a whore on page 39 of myfreecams..... ;)

----Ryzen R9 5900X----X570 Aorus elite----Vetroo V5----240GB Kingston HyperX 3k----Samsung 250GB EVO840----512GB Kingston Nvme----3TB Seagate----4TB Western Digital Green----8TB Seagate----32GB Patriot Viper 4 3200Mhz CL 16 ----Power Color Red dragon 5700XT----Fractal Design R4 Black Pearl ----Corsair RM850w----

Another backplate isn't going to help this sagging card.  Move it up and leave it.

switch out the backplate was my suggestion..

Spoiler

I know...?

seems like you're confused on the effect a strong backplate can have

Spoiler

seems like you're confused on the effect a strong backplate can have

Seems like I just stated what I know from experience...instead of telling someone to waste money on a different backplate.