Company using a random picture i took.

KieranFretwell

I googled my keyboard and saw this image that i took and uploaded to facebook almost 3 years ago now, it's the third one on the website (https://www.tokopedia.com/mo2n/corsair-vengeance-k90-keyboard-mechanical) I do not care that they are using my picture i just thought it was weird as hell. 

Yeah it is weird.  First of all, because somehow they got a hold of something that I assume you posted privately (to people you know only), and second, usually companies need to pay royalties to use something for commercial purposes...

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

I googled my keyboard and saw this image that i took and uploaded to facebook almost 3 years ago now, it's the third one on the website (https://www.tokopedia.com/mo2n/corsair-vengeance-k90-keyboard-mechanical) I do not care that they are using my picture i just thought it was weird as hell. 

The internet never forgets something.....

Mineral oil and 40 kg aluminium heat sinks are a perfect combination: 73 cores and a Titan X, Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Oil

Can you prove the photos are your's?  Did you give them permission to use the photos?

What sort of licensing or permissions did you put when you shared your photos?  Some websites like Flickr let you choose a variety of Creative Commons License.

If you can prove they are your photos and you did not give them permission, you can send them a copyright claim and perhaps even receive compensation for their violation.

Guide: DSLR or Video camera?, Guide: Film/Photo makers' useful resources, Guide: Lenses, a quick primer

Nikon D4, Nikon D800E, Fuji X-E2, Canon G16, Gopro Hero 3+, iPhone 5s. Hasselblad 500C/M, Sony PXW-FS7

ICT Consultant, Photographer, Video producer, Scuba diver and underwater explorer, Nature & humanitarian documentary producer

Yeah it is weird.  First of all, because somehow they got a hold of something that I assume you posted privately (to people you know only), and second, usually companies need to pay royalties to use something for commercial purposes...

Yeah my Facebook has always been set to private 

1. Sue them
  2. Get money
  3. Buy a f**k ton of keyboards
  4. Post pics on the internet
  5. Repeat

you forgot 

5.????

6.Profit

7.Repeat

Yeah my Facebook has always been set to private 

ah, good ol' facebook security...

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

How odd...

Project White Lightning (My ITX Gaming PC): Core i5-4690K | CRYORIG H5 Ultimate | ASUS Maximus VII Impact | HyperX Savage 2x8GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Black 1TB | Sapphire RX 480 8GB NITRO+ OC | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ITX | Corsair AX760 | LG 29UM67 | CM Storm Quickfire Ultimate | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | HyperX Cloud II | Logitech Z333

Benchmark Results: 3DMark Firestrike: 10,528 | SteamVR VR Ready (avg. quality 7.1) | VRMark 7,004 (VR Ready)

Other systems I've built:

Core i3-6100 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI H110M ECO | Corsair Vengeance LPX 1x8GB DDR4  | ADATA SP550 120GB | Seagate 500GB | EVGA ACX 2.0 GTX 1050 Ti | Fractal Design Core 1500 | Corsair CX450M

Core i5-4590 | Intel Stock Cooler | Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI | HyperX Savage 2x4GB DDR3 | Seagate 500GB | Intel Integrated HD Graphics | Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 | be quiet! Pure Power L8 350W

I am not a professional. I am not an expert. I am just a smartass. Don't try and blame me if you break something when acting upon my advice.

...why are you still reading this?

I am not interested in claiming copyright or anything like that because i do not care but it is really weird that they even have the photo on their site. 

post-66710-0-11581700-1453753926.png

I am not interested in claiming copyright or anything like that because i do not care but it is really weird that they even have the photo on their site. 

Yeah that's what happens, someone posts something setting it to only a few people, then one of them reshares it, repeat and then eventually you get this

Thing is.. they are using to legitimize themselves because now it looks like they took that photo and its not a stock photo

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

I had a similar thing this year. My university is using my photo in leaflets and advertising. Nobody asked me or even told me about it. 

I found out about it by accident, when I had a break between my lectures I started reading random leaflets from a table in my uni's lobby. I found my picture there and it freaked me out but they chose a decent photo of me so I wasn't even that mad. 

And then shortly after my friends told me that the same photo was used on twitter and multiple times on facebook, including my university's background photo on the fanpage.

I'm not even sure if they're allowed to do it without my permission but it was taken on campus so idk.

I had a similar thing this year. My university is using my photo in leaflets and advertising. Nobody asked me or even told me about it. 

I found out about it by accident, when I had a break between my lectures I started reading random leaflets from a table in my uni's lobby. I found my picture there and it freaked me out but they chose a decent photo of me so I wasn't even that mad. 

And then shortly after my friends told me that the same photo was used on twitter and multiple times on facebook, including my university's background photo on the fanpage.

I'm not even sure if they're allowed to do it without my permission but it was taken on campus so idk.

They wouldn't be able to use it without your permission, but odds are there was something in the small print when you enrolled like "we have the right to use any and all photos of you for marketing purposes if we desire" or something like that.  I wouldn't be too upset about that though; they generally only use the best looking people in those kinds of pictures ;)

Send them an email asking for them to remove the picture, if it bothers you that much

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

It doesn't even bother me that much, I just found it a bit weird at first. they picked a good photo of me so I am ok with it :D

They wouldn't be able to use it without your permission, but odds are there was something in the small print when you enrolled like "we have the right to use any and all photos of you for marketing purposes if we desire" or something like that.  I wouldn't be too upset about that though; they generally only use the best looking people in those kinds of pictures  ;)

That's what I thought. It's probably on my contract with the uni or something like that. 

It would be nice if they told me about it though.

I googled my keyboard and saw this image that i took and uploaded to facebook just over 2 years ago now, it's the third one on the website (https://www.tokopedia.com/mo2n/corsair-vengeance-k90-keyboard-mechanical) I do not care that they are using my picture i just thought it was weird as hell. 

if you google search for the keyboard picture you find it on a few websites. (https://www.google.com/search?tbs=sbi:AMhZZiteNsGOEIpccRIqLu_1wXIV5GQEgfos1goo1LNb6zcr-JI3cKCV8GqQtQ5gzMM2flnAH-rktlfbRiJm6VoQRAWGnbJEz2auM42ifpj70BOBbpemunSxYlGBbK6CThK7Xi0_1e_1uukQcu6XaYbCwdzMZ53gNlrlr9uNdUZDkYxum-FAqCLcneASktPqyd2bMKWNe2Ws8iiEC9moJPBfIINEGjVwQ-ILX47TSY8A-576NELXJsLAkZgQcItK4j6u8T5GYAHYIIk0ABCD3EFz4hGgKpG8hCiOuoMtaXY6lXWV5z5ZOZUpnJB2ULfP7zf7vqNMmladVvKhjKe5BF1l3zkNvlEnQOln70KxxH3DFPtfBroIl-X2NcmDctuvF9UrWuzRw0sLuI1TUplQ9BNo2JXfDGd6MwyXOGFNd-VQbvziG1GHjUCrwPfQYUrPT5Y--N2fTlgkl-xPlWvkKGS-LiY4ZkVcQGqvz_1ssS-bq3XeuVS31L_1747Wbq_1YSFU6z9mMfYMBXmHVCbsDQasZzwSBT9kmm6ZPfi4-mDx8ATwgtCry7HT2WBYko92pksHO_1bgzTb-5uvcKtEd4YJ_1yzamegKsyz3v0e5b0de8AxI4NfryvBByWXeJdicy_1QbGx3VvNiz_1pOE_126_1alLgtRb8zkLAE2rLCNkHm_1LxNI5LL73_1TtmovN0vV5DLRdDOos7HpqlMSwmmWBKt25QNt85TCFMse3ucwW7bqb1M1onvJ6S-IIv398tEe9DoO-ml4DmSn3oYRBGQTcBIylZiPL9kJDPpGAacenACsWgRYCnsvEs6nBqGLR6jt_1AOBsHoJDyf42QVwajopigpE2jJeuH4AQaVMClSjhZbFQXFuKldRCdcQ2LATAH3MtoGdilGNHbbNnwReV3Wy8nTEorktn13H-XWt6g3xTIWnas31LwE3kZawYVfb3w5QT4KEF8aaz0LkFe33FnFmsJJ1dPyJ-nkplCbN1FsIgLVp5sAou7C8nCbjC2w0RgP2dAgURAH5b0qwWxQiP4wwBDAsgZB-7BWW1QtmsuaT6lGQ9wUGj7bowk3RnYX5hswGlR606WvlS1bJHelWzZOjNswGWXBQDQGEi5DB523a880ClhQqCPCGPg3LTDE5NCFayLiDKW2-fH6z15zLDfoZFkWFxkW2ZE1tBLx-X0ChUsAUwvT8KsejrIwwlgtgCjXOTsRhZBNeLLSmuaoMaM073qmUVlM1WkNg7uHQVkfDy0tbQ4hjp7xPr4ZbMQv9oqGgGyOMuX3KnsN_1HF6RmvyNaprgyBFQrw5vvbGl_1Mw7oG3sb4ZAO-vL9ojC-crc7q13DY4iD1KuEE5FKBCHoXr_1zEplisSqbFAJFFGUmpzXvUDPyMAFqB-MK-qy9wsLS4S7KOlbzumzVE3d9sHJ5YnMj7rKuOePxRGuC5y0OaO7e5eNDjpvdcuCMJkH9LWD7fTGs_1SiO2TCRQ1YscfAn8Ho0ftZyUede9a19IcFTKPsdeqQbG_1WX9ZpqboY5-7jncHHgtJhrIYJg7gUY7TEH4x3vAG8-1e1NLrVTEcwVeGG8_1iE9s71bu-SWRyllDrz5bmuUr4_18EUNvv_1YF9h6shL2pW67Apbvr74H6CypKx7bL2d1he7zWw_1_12oI7tYcLghylt59saQihMwlCLXI9wkDxcV)

CPU: AMD FX-6300     COOLER: Hyper 212 EVO    MOBO: ASUS M5A97 R2.0    RAM: Team Vulcan 8Gb (4Gb x 2) , G-Skill Sniper (4Gb x 2)    PSU: Rosewill HIVE-750w    GPU: ASUS HD 7790 2Gb OC    CASE: NZXT Phantom 410    STORAGE: WD Black 1Tb , Intel 530 120Gb     AUDIO: HyperX Cloud , Sennheiser HD 518 , Audio Technica ATH-M30 , Sennheiser MM30G , Yamaha RX-V361 , Pioneer SP-BS22     PHONE: Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge     PERIPHERALS: Razer BlackWidow Ultimate Classic , Logitech g502 ( Thanks Syntaxvgm <3 )

*snip*

Not surprising; once it gets out, it will spread.  That's probably why/how the company in the OP's link was able to find it.