Do I even need a computer anymore?

legend8887

Depends on what you will be programming. If it is more computational then you are better off with a more powerful computer because the run time or the run times will be very long. I think a tablet is only for reading and not creating content. You will need a keyboard. If you code you will want a bigger screen or have a laptop with a monitor hooked up so you can look at references.

wait the arrows are the wrong way around, thanks for correcting me xD

Damn.... spreading misinformation...

Reported xD

If it is not broken, let's fix till it is. 

Much better than an iPad with a keyboard, to me!

"The one who needs 32GB of ram for internet browsing."

I thought I am the only one.... :ph34r:  :ph34r:  :ph34r:

If it is not broken, let's fix till it is. 

If you're serious about coding, keep your desktop. However, if you need more portability, get a laptop. Coding on an iPad isn't optimal at all. You won't be able to type very fast, the keyboard is capacitive touch and can't always keep up. Even if you get a keyboard, it offers 0 multitasking. You will probably need a desktop/laptop at some point, anyway, I don't think you can submit apps to the app store via an iPad.

This is your decision...  If you're not using it, then sure.  Sell it.  No point in having something sitting in your house collecting dust.  But are you sure you'll never use it ever again?

// Floatplane Pilot //

Main Rig:  Motherboard: ASUS H270 - PLUS - CSM | RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 16GB (2x8GB) | Case: Corsair Carbide Series SPEC - 02 | SSD: ADATA SU800 128GB HDD: WD 1TB Hard Drive | PSU: Corsair CX 550M | CPU: Intel Core i7-7700 Cooling: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO | GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 1070 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ Mechanical | Mouse: Razer Naga 2014 | Sound: Corsair VOID RGB / USB Headset | OS: Windows 10

Laptop:   Razer Blade Stealth 2016

Like earlier when I finished playing Civ V then I carried on browsing on my PC until I remembered WTF I just bought a Shield K1, I can turn this thing off and browse while in bed!

I used to browse on my phone. Now I can't even because lol <4 inch screen.

Linus is my fetish.

This is your decision... If you're not using it, then sure. Sell it. No point in having something sitting in your house collecting dust. But are you sure you'll never use it ever again?

Yeah.

Yeah.

Keep it around just in case. 

In fact how about this, program on your desktop. I do it. Using a tablet for programming makes me want to vomit, a laptop for programming makes me want to throw the laptop at someone and a desktop for programming is the best.

Please don't get rid of your PC. You can't do programming on tablets effectively. Laptops can but to a certain extent.

PCs aren't dying. Tablets are dying way faster than PCs. Nobody i know has bought a tablet within the last 3 years.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

Something most people don't think about, is the great comfort of a desktop pc. You've got your nice full size keyboard, nice big screen and a good mouse. On a small laptop or tablet, you have a tiny screen, a touchpad and a horrible keyboard. I've tried to use my windows tablet as a desktop pc, because I thought: This machine can do exactly the same as my desktop. But I found out that after 1 hour of using it, I went straight back to the desktop. Using a small laptop as a replacement for a desktop pc is a horrible idea, especially if you're going to spend a lot of time using it.

to each his own, but if you are under 25 and in school still, chances are at some time you'll need access to some sort of pc, whether it be a self-owned desktop, laptop, or pc from a library or school owned one. It can make life a whole lot easier to own one yourself, but its a matter of preference depending on your lifestyle and needs.