Ubisoft has a message for PC Gamers

AlTech

I'll wait for reviews as always since they have little credibility at this 

Ubisoft has started filling in the hole! No really Rainbow Six Siege is a great game and runs amazing at 4k

Yep it is, but that doesn't mean we can trust them, it just means they have the capacity to do better, hopefully they continue to make good games, but reviews are still our friend.

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

Yeah, read this earlier today. It's great to see Ubisoft actually doing more for PC. If they continue their improvements to Uplay, people might just tolerate it. Supposedly Rainbow Six Siege was  a huge part of Ubisoft's new commitment to better online functionality. People in the closed beta for PC The Division are reporting that the game so far runs reasonably well and looks worlds better than the console versions. No complaints about connectivity either.

I certainly plan to play The Division beta on the 29th and since I thought AC:Syndicate was a great port I have high hopes for this supposed 'not a port'.

Nvidia PCSS does sound like fun, it's significantly better shadows and only has a minor drop in FPS over the very high shadows settings in most games.

EDIT:

@AluminiumTech I know you included this in a quote from WCCFTech. But the original source for lots of this information was the Ubisoft blog, I suggest you clarify that so people know it's official.

AMD cards seems to suffer a lot with PCSS, so I always just use the option that is below PCSS. In Unity, GTAV and Arkham Origins I get a 10FPS reduction and stuttering on a R9 290 with PCSS on.

When I make a post, unless I am the original poster or ask for a reply, don't bother replying or quoting me because I don't read them.

That still doesnt negate "95% of games do". Besides, you can make witcher 3 look like the e3 demo if you have the hardware because the settings are still there.

Does uplay allow offline play? If not, then it sucks.

I don't think the division is supposed to be an offline game, much like how Diablo 3 isn't even though people keep asking for offline play for that game.

But if you're asking in general, yes uplay allows offline play for games that allow it.

I don't think the division is supposed to be an offline game, much like how Diablo 3 isn't even though people keep asking for offline play for that game.

But if you're asking in general, yes uplay allows offline play for games that allow it.

Yea, i didnt mean for the obvious games that require online. If it does for singleplayer games, then thats good. I hope the division has an option to solo though, but tbh I'm still not completely sure how the game works. I havent paid close attention to anything from ubi in a long time.

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

That's all well and good, but they need to stop talking about what happened with Watch Dogs and E3. They turned off settings, and hid them so they couldn't be turned back on. Then, when a mod came out that undid their bullshit, they blocked it.

No, a game can't look as good as it does at E3, if you pull bullshit like that. We aren't console users, don't turn off settings and hide them. Allow us to control the settings.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Yea, i didnt mean for the obvious games that require online. If it does for singleplayer games, then thats good. I hope the division has an option to solo though, but tbh I'm still not completely sure how the game works. I havent paid close attention to anything from ubi in a long time.

There's a singleplayer that's played with 3 AI buddies, but you can invite your friends to replace the AI and make it 4 player coop. Also, there's a seperate PVP but I'm not sure how many players can join.

144Hz goodness

Not really, Valve prooved you can get better performance on Linux than Windows with their Source games when using an NVidia GPU and that was 3 years ago.

It got worse in the past 3 years then, because the current numbers don't reflect that. The problem is that the proprietary drivers are too generic, whereas the ones for windows are custom tailored for each specific gpu. Maybe source runs better on opengl and therefore has an advantage on linux, but generally speaking that's not the case. Let's all hope in Vulkan.

0OtwsIW.png

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

It isn't actually ubisoft talking it's the devs of the game and ubisoft is just the publisher, am I right?.

System:
CPU: I7-3610QM @ 2.3 GHz | Motherboard: something with chips | RAM: 8 Gb of something | GPU: AMD HD 7600M | Case: Something made out of plastic | Storage: Toshiba MQ01ABD075 750GB | PSU: something external | Display(s): something glowing | Cooling: jet engine | Keyboard: hama something | Mouse: Logitech something | Sound: Traktor Kontrol S2 as soundcard, AKG K500 Headphones | Operating System: Windoof 10

That's all well and good, but they need to stop talking about what happened with Watch Dogs and E3. They turned off settings, and hid them so they couldn't be turned back on. Then, when a mod came out that undid their bullshit, they blocked it.

No, a game can't look as good as it does at E3, if you pull bullshit like that. We aren't console users, don't turn off settings and hide them. Allow us to control the settings.

This is why the "No game ever looks as good as their E3 demo" is bullshit.

We have settings for a reason, Ubisoft and EA are still on my shitlist; they'll have to EARN me back as a customer through time.

"If you ain't first, you're last"

There's a singleplayer that's played with 3 AI buddies, but you can invite your friends to replace the AI and make it 4 player coop. Also, there's a seperate PVP but I'm not sure how many players can join.

At first i thought you were talking about Dragon's Dogma, but no; it's what i wish was Dragon's Dogma's online situation.

Still, a good console port to PC; maybe in the sequel, if we get one

"If you ain't first, you're last"

Those stuff they said they will do specifically for PC is a standard. Specially at today's day and age standards should've gone up rather than go low.

And yeah, as far E3 presentations, they sadden me really when I rethink it. First it pains me to see how every game, specially shooters, are demoed with controller. And yes another thing, how game(s) won't look how they were presented on demo. I'm not one of those that praise graphics and only graphics, of course gameplay means more. It's matter of principle really when being deceived, lied, what is a big problem.

Stuff they said they'll do extra for PC is good to hear. And I do hope they do an excellent job. Furthermore, on top of that, optimization is also a key. It's really not acceptable not to be able to maintain 60fps in games. Newly mid-range PC should be able to max most games at 1080p@60fps without issues. Many don't even look good as original Crysis to be it acceptable of such low performance. It's true that can depend on game like open world and distance, also many characters so understandable to tone some settings. Cause yes for PC there will be many detailed graphical settings.

I'm talking about how lately things don't get released finished and don't work good at all. Like console porting should not be existing. Only for thing like if a game was only on console for some time and then brought to PC but certainly not developed for console than port it on PC with little work and release it broken and unoptimized.

If a game is being developed for multiplatform and not just PC than just make it for PC initially and polish it, then port it to console. Better yet term, just dumb it down to console level since it's lower hardware and it should be easier rather than opposite.

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

nVidia are pretty good on Linux in terms of drivers but it is a shame we don't yet have things such as Shadowplay and all the other benefits that GeForce Experience provides. As for AMD, they are playing the long game now with all newer developments being made for the current and newer generation cards rather than older cards.

Didn't Linus Torvalds say NVidia is the worst partner to work with?

Here:

My Rig: AMD Ryzen 5800x3D | Scythe Fuma 2 | RX6600XT Red Devil | B550M Steel Legend | Fury Renegade 32GB 3600MTs | 980 Pro Gen4 - RAID0 - Kingston A400 480GB x2 RAID1 - Seagate Barracuda 1TB x2 | Fractal Design Integra M 650W | InWin 103 | Mic. - SM57 | Headphones - Sony MDR-1A | Keyboard - Roccat Vulcan 100 AIMO | Mouse - Steelseries Rival 310 | Monitor - Dell S3422DWG

They called PC gamers theifs earlier...

I don't think they called everyone a thief,only the ones that torrent stuff

Which game?

the one staring Paris

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

That still doesnt negate "95% of games do". Besides, you can make witcher 3 look like the e3 demo if you have the hardware because the settings are still there.

Does uplay allow offline play? If not, then it sucks.

well The division is an online game but I believe you can play offline for single games. They used to be super anal a few years back but they toned it down now

It isn't actually ubisoft talking it's the devs of the game and ubisoft is just the publisher, am I right?.

Ubisoft is both

Didn't Linus Torvalds say NVidia is the worst partner to work with?

This is from a kernel developers perspective. Basically the Linux community requires support from IHVs in terms of things like hardware documentation and collaboration on open-source driver efforts. AMD and (especially) Intel are more community friendly towards these open source efforts. Whereas Nvidia is more paranoid and secretive, less collaborative. That's why Linus T hates them.

From a Linux gamer's perspective however; Nvidia has the (by a distance) fastest performing openGL drivers and that's the reason Valve puts them in Steam machines. There are Linux advocates who are very much against closed source drivers and stuff... So those guys on the other hand choose AMD because they have better open source drivers. They also don't like the fact that Nvidia sometimes deviates from the Khronos openGL spec, whereas AMD makes sure to comply with the industry standards. So it's a bit complicated. But the fact remains the best performing linux drivers for openGL games are the nvidia closed source ones.

I first played Diablo 3 on my PS3 with 3 of my buddies (couchplay&offline) I purchased it for my PC the weekend after (because we had a lot of fun, and I wanted the pretty effects) later I found out I couldn't play with my buddies using the PC version because [insert always online, one copy per customer experience, etc] no technical limitations preventing me from doing what I did with my PS3.

We'll see, ubisoft we'll see

Error: 451                             

I'm not copying helping, really :P

i was actually considering buying The Division and using Uplay if they rely put the effort in the PC version. but then i heard that it is probably using Denuvo.

i was actually considering buying The Division and using Uplay if they rely put the effort in the PC version. but then i heard that it is probably using Denuvo.

you should join us in the righteous battle against pirates

GOG is the best when you look at it this way lmao

I'd only use GOG if they had anything I love other than the Witcher series, but I don't care for top-downs and old RTS games.

I run my browser through NSA ports to make their illegal jobs easier. :P
If it's not broken, take it apart and fix it.
http://pcpartpicker.com/b/fGM8TW

I'd only use GOG if they had anything I love other than the Witcher series, but I don't care for top-downs and old RTS games.

IKR, i will have to order 8 year old game for 40$, another one for 30$ 11 year old game from germany

I first played Diablo 3 on my PS3 with 3 of my buddies (couchplay&offline) I purchased it for my PC the weekend after (because we had a lot of fun, and I wanted the pretty effects) later I found out I couldn't play with my buddies using the PC version because [insert always online, one copy per customer experience, etc] no technical limitations preventing me from doing what I did with my PS3.

There is a technical limitation. The reason cross platform play is a nightmare is because of how Sony and Microsoft handle updates for consoles.

Lets say, for example, a patch is put out for PC, since PC almost always gets updates first. Before I make my next point, the reason PC gets updates first is because we don't have to wait on anyone to push them out but Blizzard (or whomever the developer may be for any game you're wanting cross platform play on).

Now the PC version is out of sync with the console versions. Blizzard submits the new builds for Xbox and Playstation. Sony "certifies" the Playstation build before M$ certifies the Xbox build. But wait, Sony took way too long and now PC had a bug fix patch released, so now it's on yet another more recent version compared to the one PlayStation is on. Meanwhile, Xbox just got the one Sony had certified a while ago. 

Then Blizzard ships out new builds to Sony and Microsoft for the consoles with the bug fix.

Then the cycle repeats.

That's why we can't have cross platform play.

"We care about PC gamers"

Yeah, they like to say that every couple of years, same as Microsoft. Yet neither of them do fucking anything for us and continue to make shitty ports filled to the brim with microtransactions and then turn around and call us all thieves when their games sell like dog shit.

1. Get rid of Uplay

2. Give us community server tools

3. Give us mod support

Those three things alone would make me trust you, but no, you can continue making shit ports of console games, have no dedicated servers for those games then make us use P2P connections instead, and quite frankly I'm straight up done with their bullshit, but I'm giving them one last chance so I hope The Division is good otherwise Ubisoft has literally nothing to offer me. They ruined Assassin's Creed and Far Cry and now they turned Rainbow Six into a CoD kiddies shooter. I'm having very little hope for The Division.