Go to solution Solved by Guest,

I don't

I used to be quite active here.

I wonder if running fishing line from the GPU to the top of the case would help it stay straight? I've always had the thought of trying it but never needed to because my card doesn't seem to sag with the new motherboard I got a few weeks back.

Personally, I have an S340 so i pull out my pci-e power cables so the window pushes the card up when I put it on, and to make corrections use remove the thumbscrews under the card and slide a long wrench inside the case and push it up and it will stay because the cables are leaning on the window. I used to just cut a piece of ruler to hold it up against the basement of the case but that's not aesthetically pleasing.

I haven't paid that any attention in my case.  I have a 980ti Hybrid and it doesn't seem to sag at all... at least not right at this moment.

I wonder if running fishing line from the GPU to the top of the case would help it stay straight? I've always had the thought of trying it but never needed to because my card doesn't seem to sag with the new motherboard I got a few weeks back.

Now that seems like and interesting idea; fishing line would be thin enough to be barely visible but strong enough to achieve the desired effect.

Legends never die.

I'm wondering if there is a proper way to fix GPU sag without sticking in some foreign object just to prop up the card? This seems like such a rudimentary problem but it seems like that we still haven't managed to fix it yet, Also does case affect GPU sag? My friend has a rather cheaper case and with an MSI 960 (NON red gaming version), there is quite some sag, but I've seen on YouTube of quality cases and with even a heavier cooler and card, there is less sag than my friends. Is it just the screws not being tight enough or something or does the case affect this? Thanks.

BRRRT!

PC

Spoiler
  • ASUS TUF GAMING B550M Plus
  • Ryzen 5 5600X undervolted
  • Gigabyte VISION OC RTX 3070 undervolted
  • 32GB Teamgroup Dark Alpha 3600 MHz CL18
  • Corsair TX750M
  • Fractal Design Meshify C Mini

Sim Equipment

Spoiler
  • Logitech Extreme 3D Pro & Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle
  • Logitech G27 with pedals and H-shifter
  • TrackIR 4

My version is more getto....

I use a piece of fishing line to effectively "Tie" the card to my case, can barely see it with the led light strips on. 

Theres a bracket from Puget Systems. That's about as proper as it gets in custom built PCs other than having a case thats got a support bracket built into it.

I saw the video for the puget system. It seems interesting, but it's taking up space which may be for a network card, or other expansion cards etc.

BRRRT!

PC

Spoiler
  • Corsair TX750M

Sim Equipment

Spoiler
  • TrackIR 4

Use some Legos

please elaborate, i'm listening...

BRRRT!

PC

Spoiler
  • Corsair TX750M

Sim Equipment

Spoiler
  • TrackIR 4

I used a 6" zip tie, went through one of the PCB holes of the card and around the PSU cables running above the card. Holds it up nice and straight.

The New Machine: Intel 11700K / Strix Z590-A WIFI II / Patriot Viper Steel 4400MHz 2x8GB / Gigabyte RTX 3080 Gaming OC w/ Bykski WB / x4 1TB SSDs (x2 M.2, x2 2.5) / Corsair 5000D Airflow White / EVGA G6 1000W / Custom Loop CPU & GPU

The Rainbow X58: i7 975 Extreme Edition @4.2GHz, Asus Sabertooth X58, 6x2GB Mushkin Redline DDR3-1600 @2000MHz, SP 256GB Gen3 M.2 w/ Sabrent M.2 to PCI-E, Inno3D GTX 580 x2 SLI w/ Heatkiller waterblocks, Custom loop in NZXT Phantom White, Corsair XR7 360 rad hanging off the rear end, 360 slim rad up top. RGB everywhere.

Besides props the only sure solution is a horizontal moba case, some case companies have made props for use with their cases but few include them with the cases currently.

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

I'm wondering if there is a proper way to fix GPU sag without sticking in some foreign object just to prop up the card? This seems like such a rudimentary problem but it seems like that we still haven't managed to fix it yet, Also does case affect GPU sag? My friend has a rather cheaper case and with an MSI 960 (NON red gaming version), there is quite some sag, but I've seen on YouTube of quality cases and with even a heavier cooler and card, there is less sag than my friends. Is it just the screws not being tight enough or something or does the case affect this? Thanks.

From what I've noticed, I had quite some sag with my 290X on my old motherboard, after getting a better one, sag is gone. So I guess it's the motherboard and its PCI slot being loose?

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB GDDR6 Motherboard: MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION
AIO: Corsair H150i Pro RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic PSU: Corsair RM850x White

a backplate helps too

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

Hmm. Has your card got a backplate on it? Those do wonders sometimes.

interesting, I've been trying to find a picture of backplate sag vs no backplate sag but to no avail. Can anyone please provide me a comparison if they are so kind enough?

BRRRT!

PC

Spoiler
  • Corsair TX750M

Sim Equipment

Spoiler
  • TrackIR 4

Acrylic GPU brace from Pugetsystems.

EDIT: even with a backplate, my HOF sag like a mofo.

ROG X570-F Strix AMD R9 5900X | EK Elite 360 | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 64gb | Samsung 980 PRO 
ROG Strix XG349C Corsair 4000 | Bose C5 | ROG Swift PG279Q

Logitech G810 Orion Sennheiser HD 518 |  Logitech 502 Hero

Take it to the football game, tell him once he finds the right girl he will love life more.

Am i doing this right?

CONSOLE KILLER: Pentium III 700mhz . 512MB RAM . 3DFX VOODOO 3 SLi