CPU Bottle necking SLI Titan X's?

Will an Intel Core i7-5820K 6 Core bottle neck two Titan X's in SLI for pci lanes and etc? 

Nah you'll be fine. Just make sure to get a healthy overclock on the 5820K.

Intel i7 3770K [] Asrock Z77 Extreme 4 [] MSI R9 290X 4GB [] 16GB  G.SKILL 2133Mhz [] Crucial MX100 256GB [] WD Black 1TB [] XFX Pro 850W [] Fractal Define R3 [] Func MS-3 R2 [] Corsair K60 [] 

no issue here

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

Will an Intel Core i7-5820K 6 Core bottle neck two Titan X's in SLI for pci lanes and etc? 

PCI lanes wouldn't be a concern in this case. And no, a 5820k shouldn't bottleneck two Titan Xs in most cases when it comes to power per core or overall power.

Sig under construction.

No, it will not for many years.

Even CPUs from 2008 will hardly bottleneck GPUs nowdays..

I understand the question isn't "Which GPU should I get" but if you haven't purchased two Titan X's please don't do it.

There is no actual point in buying two Titan Xs. Yes, it does have 12GB compared to the 6GB the 980TI but no game uses that amount/ does not get bottlenecked by 6GB of memory. Even if you were doing rendering such as V-RAY and using 12GB the Maxwell cards don't perform very well doing it.

While the Titan X has a larger number of Cuda cores, the performance difference is not worth the extra cost. (980TI can actually perform better)

|CPU: Intel 5960X|MOBO:Rampage V Extreme|GPU:EVGA 980Ti SC 2 - Way SLI|RAM:G-Skill 32GB|CASE:900D|PSU:CorsairAX1200i|DISPLAY :Dell U2412M X3|SSD Intel 750 400GB, 2X Samsung 850 Pro|

Peripherals : | MOUSE : Logitech G602 | KEYBOARD: K70 RGB (Cherry MX Brown) | NAS: Synology DS1515+  - WD RED 3TB X 5|ROUTER: AC68U

Sound : | HEADPHONES: Sennheiser HD800 SPEAKERS: B&W CM9 (Front floorstanding) ,  B&W CM Center 2 (Centre) | AV RECEIVER : Denon 3806 | MY X99 BUILD LOG!

depends on your screen resolution and settings...at 1080p for example no cpu can keep up with such a bottomless pit of GPU horsepower...obviously.

For 2560x1440 or higher resolution you will be GPU bound pretty much all the time except for badly optimized and CPU heavy games.

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

Nah you'll be fine. Just make sure to get a healthy overclock on the 5820K.

Alright awesome, great news. Thank you!  :D

I'll be custom water cooling it all so I'll be able to OC and get great temps.  :D

Two titans? Meanwhile im using 2 potatoes, some copper wire and a small amount of magic

Lol, does it run minecraft at least? :0

Lol, does it run minecraft at least? :0

Minecraft? I only play hardcore games like minesweeper

Minecraft? I only play hardcore games like minesweeper

Oh damn! Out doing me, I'm stuck with solitaire on 8 bit res :/ 

Hmm two titans.....but can it run crysis max settings?

haha I don't have such power of the titans yet. In the works and planning though! My plan is all coming together....muwhahaha ;)  :D

haha I don't have such power of the titans yet. In the works and planning though! My plan is all coming together....muwhahaha ;)  :D

Wouldn't it be better to get 2 gtx980ti's instead of titans?

Wouldn't it be better to get 2 gtx980ti's instead of titans?

I've looked at all the factors between the two and I'd just like to have the crazy power two Titan X's will provide. (4K multi monitor setup and etc)

I've looked at all the factors between the two and I'd just like to have the crazy power two Titan X's will provide. (4K multi monitor setup and etc)

Why settle at 2 titan x's why not get two titan Z's   :D

the stock cooler of the titanX will greatly limit your overclocking...and it's loud...it's running hot and trottling even at stock...you have a plan for this?

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

the stock cooler of the titanX will greatly limit your overclocking...and it's loud...it's running hot and trottling even at stock...you have a plan for this?

I'm custom water cooling everything :) 

Why settle at 2 titan x's why not get two titan Z's   :D

I'm not a millionaire haha. Titan Z prices are crazier

I'm custom water cooling everything :)

sounds good...cause if you do not have the money to build a custom waterloop and buy two ekwaterblocks for the GPU's i would STRONGLY suggest you go with dual GTX 980ti...the ones with good aftermarket cooling come with factory overclock and will outperform the titanX out of the box...and if you tweak and overclock them a bit they can be up to 10% faster than titanX..easily, and they are much cheaper.

But, obviously watercooled overclocked GTX TitanX is the fasest you can get. :)

sounds good...cause if you do not have the money to build a custom waterloop and buy two ekwaterblocks for the GPU's i would STRONGLY suggest you go with dual GTX 980ti...the ones with good aftermarket cooling come with factory overclock and will outperform the titanX out of the box...and if you tweak and overclock them a bit they can be up to 10% faster than titanX..easily, and they are much cheaper.

But, obviously watercooled overclocked GTX TitanX is the fasest you can get. :)

Thanks man! :) Yeah I have a very expensive and long project ahead. Room reno, desk build from scratch, custom watercooling, crazy setup I'm going after! Still in planning stage. Thanks for your help :D

Thanks man! :) Yeah I have a very expensive and long project ahead. Room reno, desk build from scratch, custom watercooling, crazy setup I'm going after! Still in planning stage. Thanks for your help :D

post some pics or do a build log :)

Good luck!

post some pics or do a build log :)

Good luck!

Thanks man! When the time comes I for sure will! Seeing other people's builds has interested me. Plus I've been watching Linus for the past 3-4 years and enjoy all that he does :)