So Apple lied about iOS 9.2.1

doeskydoes

Android is much like AMD: the budget option for poor people.

CPU: Intel Core i7 7820X Cooling: Corsair Hydro Series H110i GTX Mobo: MSI X299 Gaming Pro Carbon AC RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 (3000MHz/16GB 2x8) SSD: 2x Samsung 850 Evo (250/250GB) + Samsung 850 Pro (512GB) GPU: NVidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FE (W/ EVGA Hybrid Kit) Case: Corsair Graphite Series 760T (Black) PSU: SeaSonic Platinum Series (860W) Monitor: Acer Predator XB241YU (165Hz / G-Sync) Fan Controller: NZXT Sentry Mix 2 Case Fans: Intake - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Radiator - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Rear Exhaust - 1x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC-3000 PWM

That's like saying because you can access and explore Windows file system you can fix issues inherent in the OS. Which is not the case unless you can work on the OS code.

But you can. And you can do it easily. 

Depending on what it is. 

CPU: i5 4670k @ 3.4GHz + Corsair H100i      GPU: Gigabyte GTX 680 SOC (+215 Core|+162 Mem)     SSD: Kingston V300 240GB (OS)      Headset: Logitech G930 

Case: Cosair Vengance C70 (white)                RAM: 16GB TeamGroup Elite Black DDR3 1600MHz       HDD: 1TB WD Blue                              Mouse: Logitech G602

OS: Windows 7 Home Premium                       PSUXFX Core Edition 750w                                                Motherboard: MSI Z97-G45               Keyboard: Logitech G510

Yes, because 99.99999% of all Android users go there, use custom roms, develop or for on Android.

Explains why Samsung are being taken to court over lack updates, and why Android is how horribly fragmented. The people that even know about XDA are a miniscule minority compared to the amount of users out there.

It's why proper OTA updates are so important.

It's not just Apple, it's Google themselves, and all other 3rd parties that are just not doing a good enough job.

99.9% android users go to XDA, but ppl who know about XDA are a minority. Are you saying that basically Android users (99.9%, all) are a minority?

And yea, I agree with you that OTA updates are very important. Unfortunately, not all companies update their mid/low range phones regularly. I've had Sony phones for a wile and can't complain about OTA updates. But I do understand how frustrating it is to spend tons of cash on a device and 1 year after, it looks forgotten or discontinued, even though the hardware is still fcking good.

Also, you can't blame google on this. Brands choose to give their extra on the roms. If you go into the phones that are "Play store edition" (branded phones with stock google android, you'll see how fast and regularly they get updates! 

But all in all, the beauty of Android, for me, is to kinda choose when you want to update your phone, be it an apk developed by another brand or a custom rom and kernel.

Edit: just noticed the sarcasm now. My point was answering your question, on how to "change" stuff.

how? there are plenty of really expensive android phones

99.9% android users go to XDA, but ppl who know about XDA are a minority. Are you saying that basically Android users (99.9%, all) are a minority?

So do you have any proof that 900+ Million Android users go to XDA? Also saying that 99.9% go there, but only a minority know about it is a strong contradiction.

Since there are over a billion Android users, and the last count for accounts at XDA was only 6.7 million, with only 360K active members.

IgdIuyg.jpg

http://forum.xda-developers.com/

http://www.theverge.com/2015/9/29/9409071/google-android-stats-users-downloads-sales

http://www.cnet.com/news/google-io-by-the-numbers-1b-android-users-900m-on-gmail/

5950X | NH D15S | 64GB 3200Mhz | RTX 3090 | ASUS PG348Q+MG278Q

Yeah that's not a lie. That's a "we think we fixed it. It looks like we did, but we could be wrong." Also this isn't the first time. 

I'm an Apple, Windows, and Android developer btw.

So do you have any proof that 900+ Million Android users go to XDA? Also saying that 99.9% go there, but only a minority know about it is a strong contradiction.

Just quoting what you said lol. I never said that 99.9% of the Android users go there.

Also, I doubt that 50% of the smartphone users care about an OTA update, or any update for that matter...

No, but I have the freedom to tinker with stuff and fix issues instead of being locked into OTA updates...

ah yes custom rom devs, our saviors /s

like when the rom devs fixed the lollipop cell active battery drain bug, right?

Praise Duarte!

What the fak?

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

Nope. Considering a lot of Android phones (higher end) tend to be the same price as Apple's iPhones that have less than Androids higher end devices. 

The Samsung Galaxy S6 has a superior camera and microphone to the iPhone 6/6s and it hovers around the £400/500 mark. Comparison videos and reviews will show this.

System Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X

GPU: Radeon RX 7900 XT 

RAM: 32GB 3600MHz

HDD: 1TB Sabrent NVMe -  WD 1TB Black - WD 2TB Green -  WD 4TB Blue

MB: Gigabyte  B550 Gaming X- RGB Disabled

PSU: Corsair RM850x 80 Plus Gold

Case: BeQuiet! Silent Base 801 Black

Cooler: Noctua NH-DH15

This is why I like android. I do not wait for someone to fix problems, I do it myself  <_<

Same, except I do it by reporting the problem straight to Microsoft and then they fix it :).

And that is 1 reason why I like Windows Phone.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

Nope. Considering a lot of Android phones (higher end) tend to be the same price as Apple's iPhones that have less than Androids higher end devices. 

The Samsung Galaxy S6 has a superior camera and microphone to the iPhone 6/6s and it hovers around the £400/500 mark. Comparison videos and reviews will show this.

And the iPhone has faster storage and better single threaded performance. The iPhone isn't snake oil.

My posts are in a constant state of editing :)

CPU: i7-4790k @ 4.7Ghz MOBO: ASUS ROG Maximums VII Hero  GPU: Asus GTX 780ti Directcu ii SLI RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance PSU: Corsair AX860 Case: Corsair 450D Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250 GB, WD Black 1TB Cooling: Corsair H100i with Noctua fans Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift

laptop

Some ASUS model. Has a GT 550M, i7-2630QM, 4GB or ram and a WD Black SSD/HDD drive. MacBook Pro 13" base model
Apple stuff from over the years
iPhone 5 64GB, iPad air 128GB, iPod Touch 32GB 3rd Gen and an iPod nano 4GB 3rd Gen. Both the touch and nano are working perfectly as far as I can tell :)

Same, except I do it by reporting the problem straight to Microsoft and then they fix it :).

And that is 1 reason why I like Windows Phone.

No they don't. There are so many bugs and visual inconsistencies in windows 10 that they still haven't fixed. Not to mention disaster of Windows 10 mobile

Apple on the other hand usually fixes in the next release. For some reason they couldn't do it in time for iOS 9.2.1 which was released few days before apple acknowledged the time issue.

However iOS 9.2.1 has proven to be an important update as it fixes a vulnerability and also increases performance in older iPhones. But nope, LTT posters are hunting for anti apple articles to post and monkey about

No they don't. There are so many bugs and visual inconsistencies in windows 10 that they still haven't fixed. Not to mention disaster of Windows 10 mobile

Apple on the other hand usually fixes in the next release. For some reason they couldn't do it in time for iOS 9.2.1 which was released few days before apple acknowledged the time issue.

However iOS 9.2.1 has proven to be an important update as it fixes a vulnerability and also increases performance in older iPhones. But nope, LTT posters are hunting for anti apple articles to post and monkey about

You have no idea how Windows 10 Mobile performs. In the latest .63 update. It's almost there.There's not too many bugs left.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

You have no idea how Windows 10 Mobile performs. In the latest .63 update. It's almost there.There's not too many bugs left.

well all the bugs wouldn't be so apparent to one user. In that case I could say that android and iOS are pretty much bug free in my experience. Plus it shouldn't be surprising as they delayed the update so much. It's one thing to not deliver updates but its a completely another story if a promised update gets delayed indefinitely and I know for sure that I would be more pissed with Microsoft than android manufacturers who at least deliver updates if they promised.

My kernel for android 6.0 Caused my CPU To be forced at 300MHz, new kernel and it was running at 2457MHz like normal.

So...... You made your phone lag super hard.

Wow typing with one hand on this phone is impossible.

Android is better because they don't lie about stuff.