So Apple lied about iOS 9.2.1

doeskydoes

Once again, as i said in my post, my opinion relates to my decision as a user to chose a specific device/environment. I am aware that most people dont use roms and that its beyond most people. I am merely stating that i believe that android is a superior platform (FOR MY OWN USE) because its an option that i dont have on iOS. And its an option that will exist for as long as someone wants to support the android open source project. While i know that most people dont know how to root/flash their phones the fact that someone can do it for you once (within reason) and you can get what you want. This is especially important on the Android platform where some mfg decide to stop providing anything more than security updates after 6mo-1yr and after 2 years stop all updates. The open source community tends to support systems far longer (assuming there are enough people who care). I prefer this to the system that iOS uses because you simply aren't given a choice, even in some cases where then phone cant handle the update (see the current class action suit against apple).

We just simply differ in beliefs on what a user should be able to do with their phone. I believe the choice should always be there, even if the majority of users decide not to use it.

Everyone was harping on him because most people can't fix their phones software yet he was acting like it was a great bonus for everyone. I never said people can't. My point and other was that it's really not common at all for people to dive into their OS themselves making it an irrelevant point for the vast majority. 

My second sentence was "Android is easier to fix for the people with the knowledge". This includes you but excludes the vast majority. 

someone can do it for you once (within reason) and you can get what you want

This is beyond most users though as they won't even know that is a possibility. Unless the person they are buying the phone from talks about it most likely they won't know what rooting is and what custom ROMs are and what they offer. If they do hear about it they will most likely ignore it as it can easily scare them to think about that. When something goes wrong with computers and the user isn't tech savvy they usually respond with fear thinking they've broken it and lost their stuff. People are not comfortable messing with stuff they don't understand and people's phones and computers are still magic black boxes for people.

My posts are in a constant state of editing :)

CPU: i7-4790k @ 4.7Ghz MOBO: ASUS ROG Maximums VII Hero  GPU: Asus GTX 780ti Directcu ii SLI RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance PSU: Corsair AX860 Case: Corsair 450D Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250 GB, WD Black 1TB Cooling: Corsair H100i with Noctua fans Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift

laptop

Some ASUS model. Has a GT 550M, i7-2630QM, 4GB or ram and a WD Black SSD/HDD drive. MacBook Pro 13" base model
Apple stuff from over the years
iPhone 5 64GB, iPad air 128GB, iPod Touch 32GB 3rd Gen and an iPod nano 4GB 3rd Gen. Both the touch and nano are working perfectly as far as I can tell :)

Everyone was harping on him because most people can't fix their phones software yet he was acting like it was a great bonus for everyone. I never said people can't. My point and other was that it's really not common at all for people to dive into their OS themselves making it an irrelevant point for the vast majority. 

My second sentence was "Android is easier to fix for the people with the knowledge". This includes you but excludes the vast majority. 

This is beyond most users though as they won't even know that is a possibility. Unless the person they are buying the phone from talks about it most likely they won't know what rooting is and what custom ROMs are and what they offer. If they do hear about it they will most likely ignore it as it can easily scare them to think about that. When something goes wrong with computers and the user isn't tech savvy they usually respond with fear thinking they've broken it and lost their stuff. People are not comfortable messing with stuff they don't understand and people's phones and computers are still magic black boxes for people.

yeah my cousin who introduced me to this website cant believe i modded my own computer and plan on building one even tech savvy people arent always in the know about these things

You will eventually die, accept it.

yeah my cousin who introduced me to this website cant believe i modded my own computer and plan on building one even tech savvy people arent always in the know about these things

We are a very small minority but we've surrounded ourselves with like minded people (online/jobs or both) so it sometimes seems like people are more tech savvy then they are.

CPU: i7-4790k @ 4.7Ghz MOBO: ASUS ROG Maximums VII Hero  GPU: Asus GTX 780ti Directcu ii SLI RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance PSU: Corsair AX860 Case: Corsair 450D Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250 GB, WD Black 1TB Cooling: Corsair H100i with Noctua fans Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift

laptop

Some ASUS model. Has a GT 550M, i7-2630QM, 4GB or ram and a WD Black SSD/HDD drive. MacBook Pro 13" base model
iPhone 5 64GB, iPad air 128GB, iPod Touch 32GB 3rd Gen and an iPod nano 4GB 3rd Gen. Both the touch and nano are working perfectly as far as I can tell :)

Just incase it looks like I'm defending Apple not fixing this bug I'm not. I'm personally not effected but this bug as been around for a while and it seems like a lot of people are being effected so it seems like Apple should of made this a priority. Unless their lack of fixes means it's a bigger problem then it appears.

laptop

Just incase it looks like I'm defending Apple not fixing this bug I'm not. I'm personally not effected but this bug as been around for a while and it seems like a lot of people are being effected so it seems like Apple should of made this a priority. Unless their lack of fixes means it's a bigger problem then it appears.

I personally dont think the problem is they didnt fix it and they said they fixed it in september

You will eventually die, accept it.

This is why I like android. I do not wait for someone to fix problems, I do it myself  <_<

Sure, as long as you don't buy your phone from a carrier store and it has an unlockable bootloader and decent community dev support.

Case: Thermaltake Versa H35 | CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 1700x (@4.0Ghz) Cooling: Cooler Master MasterLiquid Lite 240 | MOBO: Gigabyte AB350M-DS3H | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 16GB (2x8GB) 3333Mhz | GPU: MSI ARMOR 8GB OC GTX 1070 | Storage: SAMSUNG 970 EVO 250GB, 1TB Seagate 2.5" 5400RPM | PSU: Corsair CX750M

does cyanogenmod work with chrome os

Cyanogenmod = Android. So, no, there isn't really an alternative for chrome os because it does everything it should, most chrome os development is to bring it to more devices.

Case: Thermaltake Versa H35 | CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 1700x (@4.0Ghz) Cooling: Cooler Master MasterLiquid Lite 240 | MOBO: Gigabyte AB350M-DS3H | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 16GB (2x8GB) 3333Mhz | GPU: MSI ARMOR 8GB OC GTX 1070 | Storage: SAMSUNG 970 EVO 250GB, 1TB Seagate 2.5" 5400RPM | PSU: Corsair CX750M

I personally dont think the problem is they didnt fix it and they said they fixed it in september

ya that wasn't a smart move to say it will be fixed in 9.0.2 if they didn't already have a fix in mind.

laptop

"Oh, but the amazing software support is worth paying an extra 400$ for!"

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

No, but I have the freedom to tinker with stuff and fix issues instead of being locked into OTA updates...

Have you actually fixed something yet?

Editing system files with a file manager

That's how you fix OS bugs ? okay m8

just go on XDA developers. Always had what I wanted on my droids.

I've fixed my device from becoming a brick before. Now I have 2 Shield tablets ;P

iPhone 5 / iPad 1 / iPad 3 / iPad Mini / iPad Air 2 | Galaxy S / Nexus 7 / Sero 7 / Nvidia Shield Tablet

Asus Maximus VI Hero / i7 4770 / GTX 780 Windforce SLI / Samsung 850 Pro 1TB / Rosewill Blackhawk

G710 & G500s / Cougar 600K / Blackwidow Ultimate 2016

No, but I have the freedom to tinker with stuff and fix issues instead of being locked into OTA updates...

Not unless you're on verizon ...

Life.exe is missing

The website isn't loading for me because it's complaining about me using an adblocker. Anyways, Apple never said they were fixing the bug in 9.2.1, they did acknowledge it and said they were fixing it in iOS 9.3.

I did a system reset and then reloaded all my data and contacts and it seemed to fix mine. Worth a try for anyone having the same issue. 

<rant>

I'm not saying Android is terrible, but the way the updates are deployed is a bloody mess. My Samsung A5 in the last couple of days only just got the update to 5.0.2.

That and the Android OS is repackaged by every single vendor slightly differently, so it's difficult to compare effectively as I've enjoyed different 'brands' of Android more than others but in general the iOS experience has been far smoother than Android (more stable and faster response times). I miss certain features on Android,  though. Things like T9 phone numbers, and contact linking to social media etc are nice to have.

</rant>

just go on XDA developers. Always had what I wanted on my droids.

Yes, because 99.99999% of all Android users go there, use custom roms, develop or for on Android.

Explains why Samsung are being taken to court over lack updates, and why Android is how horribly fragmented. The people that even know about XDA are a miniscule minority compared to the amount of users out there.

It's why proper OTA updates are so important.

It's not just Apple, it's Google themselves, and all other 3rd parties that are just not doing a good enough job.

5950X | NH D15S | 64GB 3200Mhz | RTX 3090 | ASUS PG348Q+MG278Q

But fixing an issue in the code is going to take more knowledge then most people possess. You have to know the issue. Know what's causing it and know how to fix it without breaking anything else.

yes it takes more knowledge than what someone like me has. thats why i go on xda forum and stuff to get step by step instructions on how to fix stuff from people who do have the knowledge 

yes it takes more knowledge than what someone like me has. thats why i go on xda forum and stuff to get step by step instructions on how to fix stuff from people who do have the knowledge

How many people ask you for help that Google could solve? For me personally it's 90%. If people already struggle with Googling their issue heading to a forum, making an account, and asking people for help is way too much for them. Instead they will just pay someone else to fix it.

laptop

How many people ask you for help that Google could solve? For me personally it's 90%. If people already struggle with Googling their issue heading to a forum, making an account, and asking people for help is way too much for them. Instead they will just pay someone else to fix it.

im just saying why I personally like android I couldn't care less about what other people prefer

im just saying why I personally like android I couldn't care less about what other people prefer

I've never talked about personal likes. All my comments have been about the general population who really don't use Android any different then iOS because they literally don't know how, let alone editing their OS to fix bugs. If you know what you are doing and want to change stuff Android is the way to go as you can change anything you want. That ability is wasted on most people.

laptop

Apple has made some huge software errors.. like on iOS 7 or 8 - I don't remember (original launch) the phone didn't work..

You can edit the system files with a file manager. There's hundreds of them.

file manager? What is that? You mean you can access the file system? -typical ios peasant :P

MacBook Pro 15' 2018 (Pretty much the only system I use)

it is not like they are doing it on purpose, it is obviously an OS issue that they are struggling to fix

A bit like the reload bug in BF4, its part of the engine so took like years to fix (if it even got fixed in the end)

file manager? What is that? You mean you can access the file system? -typical ios peasant  :P

You say that, but one thing I LOVE about iOS is that there is no file manager, is it limiting? yes, is life easier? yes

Yes, because 99.99999% of all Android users go there, use custom roms, develop or for on Android.

THIS! What people seem to forget is that 99% of Android users are not Techy! They are just peoples mums, sisters, kids, students, etc etc

Because of the price and availability of android (heck can get a £50 phone with dual cameras, and a quad core) they are in everyones hands

While a select few might be able to install custom roms and stuff, 99% of the Android user base are just regular people who rely on OTA updates

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

I dont understand your problems... I m testing 9.3 and had never trouble... I never had any bugs...