Tips for Witcher 3?

Aleksbgbg

Absolutely love this game!

I'm currently located in the 2nd story line progressive quest, searching for Ciri, however I have done all other side quests (been playing for bout 10 hours sofar). Any tips on what to do and how to play, or things I would be sorry I didn't do earlier? Thanks.

||| Drakon (Desktop Build) |||

|| CPU: 3800X || Cooler: Kraken X63 || Motherboard: B450 Aorus M || Memory: HyperX DDR4-3200MHz 16G ||

|| Storage: 512GB 970 Pro + 500GB 850 EVO + 250GB 850 EVO + 1TB HDD + 2TB HDD || Graphics Card: RX 5700 XT Red Devil || Case: Thermaltake Core V21 || PSU: XFX XTR 750W 80+Gold || 

try to be friends with everyone, it will come in handy and btw 10 hours? I`m like 140 hours in lol

Just try to do one main quest and after that some side quests, so that you`ll be at 100% simultaniously

to game or not to game, that`s the question

Gwent. :D

I completely ignored that in my first playthrough, but I'm investing some time into it now. I'd suggest finding a good balance between side and main quests. Don't spend 15 hours in Velen doing solely side quests like me, you'll be overleveled for the main quests. I suggest playing on at least "Blood and Broken Bones" as lower difficulties are extremely easy. 

From salty to bath salty in 2.9 seconds

Until about 30 hours in I completely ignored it and got really frustrated at losing every game I tried. Then I spent about an hour gathering some cards and learning the rules, and now I'm a gwent addict, probably quite close to having every card now (~120 hours in, nearing the end of main story I think). It's fun.

Almost as cool as my temps  

Just play as you want. However some quests will become unavailable if you progress too far into the story, though the game will tell you when thats about to happen.

Enjoy it because when you finish it, feel train will hit u at full force.

Hey there. You are looking mighty fine today, have my virtual cookie!  :ph34r:

MY RIG: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/34911-my-setup-gold-ghetto-gg-lots-of-pictures/#entry446883

I'd recommend always fully exploring caves/ruins etc as there's usually a chest hidden somewhere else other than the room you were doing your quest or whatever in, with good loot.

I'd recommend keeping up to date on the Witcher Gear treasure hunt chests and using Witcher Gear when possible (do not sell witcher gear as each item is then upgraded to the next level when you find new diagrams).

I'd recommend keeping up to date with your blade oils as they provide a massive boost to attack (and defense if you get that perk in the alchemy tree).

Almost as cool as my temps  

try to be friends with everyone, it will come in handy and btw 10 hours? I`m like 140 hours in lol

Just try to do one main quest and after that some side quests, so that you`ll be at 100% simultaniously

Woops.

I'm playing on the 2nd lowest difficulty, however I keep fighting everyone that wants some. Was quite a struggle, but I managed to kill 3x people at double my level somewhere in a tavern however more were waiting outside that were triple my level, so I just left through the back. Otherwise I'm good with all others.

I completely ignored that in my first playthrough, but I'm investing some time into it now. I'd suggest finding a good balance between side and main quests. Don't spend 15 hours in Velen doing solely side quests like me, you'll be overleveled for the main quests. I suggest playing on at least "Blood and Broken Bones" as lower difficulties are extremely easy. 

Does over levelled make it not fun? I did that Assassin's Creed Syndicate and finished it too quickly once I got the few levels ahead. Good idea!

Just play as you want. However some quests will become unavailable if you progress too far into the story, though the game will tell you when thats about to happen.

Understood! I have never played AAA games or practically anything else than LoL on PC until now, and having recently finished Assassin's Creed Syndicate I was so sad in the end, remembering the times when things were simpler.... xD

||| Drakon (Desktop Build) |||

|| CPU: 3800X || Cooler: Kraken X63 || Motherboard: B450 Aorus M || Memory: HyperX DDR4-3200MHz 16G ||

|| Storage: 512GB 970 Pro + 500GB 850 EVO + 250GB 850 EVO + 1TB HDD + 2TB HDD || Graphics Card: RX 5700 XT Red Devil || Case: Thermaltake Core V21 || PSU: XFX XTR 750W 80+Gold || 

Does over levelled make it not fun? I did that Assassin's Creed Syndicate and finished it too quickly once I got the few levels ahead. Good idea!

It did take out some of the fun for me. Most boss battles are extremely easy when you are overleveled, even on Death March.

From salty to bath salty in 2.9 seconds

Understood! I have never played AAA games or practically anything else than LoL on PC until now, and having recently finished Assassin's Creed Syndicate I was so sad in the end, remembering the times when things were simpler.... xD

Also play on march and broken bones, normal is too easy

Hey there. You are looking mighty fine today, have my virtual cookie!  :ph34r:

MY RIG: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/34911-my-setup-gold-ghetto-gg-lots-of-pictures/#entry446883

Woops.

I'm playing on the 2nd lowest difficulty, however I keep fighting everyone that wants some. Was quite a struggle, but I managed to kill 3x people at double my level somewhere in a tavern however more were waiting outside that were triple my level, so I just left through the back. Otherwise I'm good with all others.

up that difficulty, man. the game is way too easy below blood and broken bones. i can understand playing it slow at the beginning but it's far more interesting once you up the difficulty. 

yeah, you'll hit the point where you're pretty much OP. some things will give you some challenge but they can handled with relatively easily. luckily that's where NG+ comes in. 

also try doing the treasure hunts. finding the schematics that actually mark the locations of the treasures are a bit of a pain but they'll net you some nice witcher gear. 

make some potions too. essentials like Swallow are a given but some dedoctions are pretty useful. the oils are useful as well. 

ask blacksmiths about a master blacksmith / armorer. you're gonna need them if you want to craft OP gear. but you need to be a fairly high level to actually complete them 

look for exclamation marks in the map. they're a good place to start up some quests. look at boards in villages too, since they usually have witcher contracts available. 

Yeah...at the end of the story,I put my boat into a harbor and it flashed on the screen that I had just failed about a half dozen quests...I was like...wait...what?

As for over leveled...someone else mentioned it.

I have maxed out all my signs and by level 30,nearly any enemy or monster I encounter...they just die from touching me.

Lay down a magic trap and just stand there as the bosses die without my having to even move. And if they squeak by the trap,my Quen shield kills them for touching me.

By level 35...the game was hardly worth playing.

There are a few interesting and challenging boss fights in the DLC though and New Game + also breathed some life back into the game.

I was a level 32 or 33 when I started NG+ and the first time I came across some wolves,I yawned and lit into them...when they killed me,I sit up in my chair and thought...Alrighty then ;)

Take your time. I rushed through the main story the first time I played because I frequent forums like this and wanted to ensure that I did not get the game spoiled. 

Best game to ever exist. Explore everything. Talk to everyone. Play Gwent. The literal only downside to the game is that the mod scene is nearly dead because CDPR didn't release a proper redkit. All the mods involve nudity. There is one graphics mod worth using (Witcher 3 HD or something). The rest of the graphics mods (ENBS) all just throw shit tons of blur on the screen and alter the color because blurring fucking everything is in these days for some reason. 

I have more mods installed in FIFA 16 than I do Witcher 3. 

The world is at War, so be nice to everyone.

There is this mod that shows you all objectives on your whole map, very handy because i missed som quests.

NG+ deathmarch = FUN

Max out Axii, you won't really need the skillpoints for much and Axii is a great investment. It saves you time and gold.

Spoiler

i7 5820k @4.6Ghz (1.3V) // Asus X99 Sabertooth // Sapphire R9 390 Nitro (1120Mhz/1700Mhz) // 16GB DDR4 // BenQ Xl2730z for dat Freesync mhmhmhmh

Do contracts. Lot's of fun to hunt for stuff true Witcher style and play on max difficulty

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6