Best Torrent Client

werto165

There are many out there which one do you think is best? 

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

What are you gonna do with said "torrent client"  :o

Intel Core i7 7770K | 32 GB's Ram 3000MHz | GTX 1080 Ti | 250GB SSD | 3TB 7400 RPM | Sound Blaster Z | ASUS ROG MG278Q | Razer Blackwidow Chroma | Final Mouse 2015 | Blue Yeti | Seinheiser HD 600's | Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro | Aune T1 MK2

Just stay away from uTorrent and BitTorrent. I've used qBittorrent and Deluge - they are both great and don't include junk.

From salty to bath salty in 2.9 seconds

What are you gonna do with said "torrent client"  :o

download sxsw music, it's all available free on their website just easier with a torrent.

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

Vuze is good

Intel Core i7 7770K | 32 GB's Ram 3000MHz | GTX 1080 Ti | 250GB SSD | 3TB 7400 RPM | Sound Blaster Z | ASUS ROG MG278Q | Razer Blackwidow Chroma | Final Mouse 2015 | Blue Yeti | Seinheiser HD 600's | Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro | Aune T1 MK2

Just stay away from uTorrent and BitTorrent. I've used qBittorrent and Deluge - they are both great and don't include junk.

i use bittorrent, whats wrong with it other than the ads?

Deluge is pretty good. 

i use utorrent, whats wrong with it other than the ads?

uTorrent was bundled with a bitcoin miner not so long ago. It's enough to completely lose respect in it. BitTorrent is by the same company so I wouldn't trust it either.

qBittorrent and Deluge don't even have ads.

qBittorrent is the best for me ;)uTorrent is really bad, I dont know why is so famous.

Spoiler

Main PC: CPU Xeon E3-1231 V3 - MB Asrock B85M Pro3 - RAM 16GB Kingston - GPU GTX 1070 Gainward Phoenix - PSU Corsair AX760i - Monitor  LG 22EA63 - Keyboard Corsair Strafe - Mouse Logitech G402 - Storage 2x3TB WD Green - 240GB OCZ SSD

uTorrent was bundled with a bitcoin miner not so long ago. It's enough to completely lose respect in it. BitTorrent is by the same company so I wouldn't trust it either.

i will uninstall then

Which out of those two would you say is better, I just want something fairly lightweight. 

I use Deluge.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

qBitTorrent.

I was too late for an "inb4 asking what you need it for" :P

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Which out of those two would you say is better, I just want something fairly lightweight. 

qBittorrent is lighter afaik, but I've never had a problem with either. The UI of qBittorrent is very similar to uTorrent's.

i use vuze annd it works fine. there are adds but just press the 'x' button then press 'not now' when it asks you to upgrade and the adds go away

Use one of the older versions of utorrent, like 2.2.1

They're available on torrent sites, and they don't have any of the bundled or shifty stuff added into them, but have all the functionality and features.

You own the software that you purchase - Understanding software licenses and EULAs

"We’ll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the american public believes is false" - William Casey, CIA Director 1981-1987

rtorrent.

Deluge if you want a gui.

Don't fall for the "oh this old version of a Closed-Source client is ok". If someone wants to reverse engineer it and prove that its ok then go ahead but until then I like to keep my security.

Windows 10 likes to spy on you. Protect your Data! Run GNU/Linux!
That One Privacy Guy's VPN Comparison Chart.

Spoiler
Spoiler

|ARCH LINUX| |CPU i5 4690k @ 4.7GHz| |GPU: Asus Strix 390x| |Mobo: Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mk 2| |RAM: Corsair Veangence Pro 16gb (2x8gb) @2133mhz| |CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i| |PSU: 750w EVGA Supernova 80+ Gold| |Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX(Silver)| |K/B: Pok3r w/ Cherry MX Blues|

Spoiler

|Samsung 250GB 840 EVO: Arch Linux installation.| |Seagate Barracuda 2TB: Mostly Games and stuff related to that. Music and most Media as well.| |Seagate NAS 4TB: Anime and Anime Art-Whoring.| |Seagate 1TB 2.5" SSHD: Arch install on my Thinkpad X220.| |Samsung OEM Lenovo SSD: Windows 8.1 cause I need to play JRPGs some how.|

Spoiler

|Cans: Sennheiser HD 558(Modded)| |Earbuds: Shure SE215| I'm working on expanding this.

I've been using Transmission for a while now.  Simple interface, very clean, but somewhat less customizeability (for the interface) than other versions.  Namely, it doesn't seem to support things like graphs, which many other clients do.  I'm sure there's an add-on for it, though.  BUT, Transmission does let you do all the other customization/preferences stuff--requiring encryption, specifying ports, etc.

(Admittedly, I mostly use it because it's the default client on my Linux distro, but I don't have anything major to complain about with it).

- snip -

I've been using transmission for a few years now as well, pretty happy with it. The terminal interface is very handy for monitoring your box via SSH.

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic

Have been using uTorrent from 4 years or so. Had no issues until this year. Now using Deluge. 

[spoiler=CORMAC]CPU:Intel celeron 1.6ghz RAM:Kingston 400mhz 1.99gb MOBO:MSI G31TM-P21 GPU:Will add one later on! CASE:local ROUTER D-Link 2750U, D-LINK 2730U MOUSE:HP,DELL,ViP KEYBOARD: v7 SPEAKERS:Creative 245  MONITOR:AOC E970Sw HEADSET: Sony MDRx05s UPS:conex ups avr 500va PSU:idk OD:Samsung super writemaster STORAGE:80 gb seagate+ Seagate 1TB OS:Windows xp sp3 themed to Windows 7 + Linux |Rest all pc in my house will be updated from time-time

COMING SOON

qbittorrent. Love the sequential download option. Lets you play videos as they're downloading.