Physicists To Test If Universe Is A Computer Simulation

Scia

Hi,

Just found this rather weird article :D

Basically what it says is that the possibility that our Universe is just a computer simulation by a superior race of beings is far higher than the possibility that we are the first life in the first universe :D

Prepare your tinfoil hats :D

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2012/12/12/physicists-universe-simulation-test-university-of-washington-matrix_n_2282745.html

Frost upon these cigarettes.... lipstick on the window pane...

futurama-into-the-wild-green-yonder-2009

I'm ready.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

could it be possible that we're playing a very complex game with a rift + omni type thing going on?!?! :o

The idea is rather that the universe itself, and us aswell are nothing but a computer simulation ^^ YOU ARE JUST CODE :D

Frost upon these cigarettes.... lipstick on the window pane...

The problem with making these sorts of "likelyhood statistic" are that they are based in philosophical thinking rather than on real world observation.And these calculations opens up a whole new problem with the epistemological concepts.

But I am prepared to grret our new alien overlords tin-foil-hat.jpg

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

The idea is rather that the universe itself, and us aswell are nothing but a computer simulation ^^ YOU ARE JUST CODE :D

i know I read it, I was just thinking of something else somewhat related

Oh my god, guys.

Atoms are indivisible. Atoms are pixels.

What if all the elements are just set things by a developer to test the kind of combinations are possible.

What if the creator is watching me right now and he could delete my file at any point and stop me typing this messa-

could it be possible that we're playing a very complex game with a rift + omni type thing going on?!?! :o

its based on the matrix theory.

too much sci-fi me thinks :3

Character artist in the Games industry.

its based on the matrix theory.

too much sci-fi me thinks :3

I didn't watch the matrix so what happened if you die? do you exit the simulation or something?

Oh my god, guys.

What if all the elements are just set things by a developer to test the kind of combinations are possible.

What if the creator is watching me right now and he could delete my file at any point and stop me typing this messa-

You if you're still alive know too much now i have read this, i am a dead man aswell

My Current Rig: CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.8Ghz CPU Cooler: H100i MOBO: Gigabyte Z97X SOC GPU: XFX Radeon HD 7950 Tahiti pro (Died 6/07/2014 RIP) & PowerColour HD7950  GPU Cooler: NZXT G10 W/ Corsair H55 HDD&SSD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB + Corsair GS 128GB + Samsung 840 EVO 250GB PSU: Corsair RM 750 Case: Fractal Design Arc Midi R2.  

Hey guys, What if the superior race that's just simulating us are really a simulation themselves?

Too deep :)

Who cares if its simulation, we have our on simulation too, in computers :P

So basically we are a simulation running a simulation to see if we are a simulation?! Or or... What if the we are a simulation being run by a simulation to see if they are a simulation themselves?! 

My brain fried

And each time we do computer simulation of physics kinda things it creates another whole universe of simulated people that we aren't aware of. Then in those simulations they do their own simulations.

It could just be never ending simulations within simulations.

simultaneous simulatioception simulation

Oh my god, guys.

Bye bye!! Nice knowing you! :P

<p>Mobo - Asus P9X79 LE ----------- CPU - I7 4930K @ 4.4GHz ------ COOLER - Custom Loop ---------- GPU - R9 290X Crossfire ---------- Ram - 8GB Corsair Vengence Pro @ 1866 --- SSD - Samsung 840 Pro 128GB ------ PSU - Corsair AX 860i ----- Case - Corsair 900D

Then it needs some compression... there's just too much empty space!!

My Rigs (past and present)

Think of it like this: If we had the computer power to simulate a universe, witch we will get in the future, would we not also do just that. A simulated alternative reality.

I'm still running on my core i7-920

@Motherboard: GA-EX58-UD3R @GPU: GTX 560 @Memory: 16GB1600C9 @Storage: X25-M 80GB & 330 120GB * Caviar Green 2TB @Screen: Acer H223HQ

@Case: Antec P180B -EU * Jou Jye 480AUBA * 2x NF-S12A FLX @Peripherals: CM Storm QuickFire TK Blue - Rearranged Svorak * MX518 @Sound: Beresford TC-7520 DAC * ATH-M40 fs

Hi,

Just found this rather weird article :D

Basically what it says is that the possibility that our Universe is just a computer simulation by a superior race of beings is far higher than the possibility that we are the first life in the first universe :D

Prepare your tinfoil hats :D

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2012/12/12/physicists-universe-simulation-test-university-of-washington-matrix_n_2282745.html

You will never know if this is a simulation, because the only way to know is to find a bug.. But what happens when there is a bug.. you revert to a backup and patch it before it happens again

CPU: i7 4770k | GPU: Sapphire 290 Tri-X OC | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LP 2x8GB | MTB: GA-Z87X-UD5HCOOLER: Noctua NH-D14 | PSU: Corsair 760i | CASE: Corsair 550D | DISPLAY:  BenQ XL2420TE

Firestrike scores - Graphics: 10781 Physics: 9448 Combined: 4289

"Nvidia, Fuck you" - Linus Torvald

so if the universe is a computer simulation, Computer Scientists are gods in training ?   

Ok well just to be actually serious for a second, although I am finding it hard tbh, The universe is made up of matter in differnet forums and physicists and scientists say that all matter is just energy formed in different ways and configurations, now seeing as everything that runs on a computer (ie the data) is electricity, ie energy, its technically possible.... technically 

Never trust a man, who, when left alone with a tea cosey... Doesn't try it on. Billy Connolly
Marriage is a wonderful invention: then again, so is a bicycle repair kit. Billy Connolly
Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. Billy Connolly

As likely as any other theory to be honest, everything we see is basically just energy.

The universe could be a holodeck or something as-well.

Maybe its not even all the universe, it could just be the space we are capable of going too (or send stuff there and getting signals back), everything else we see, stars, other galaxies etc could just be a false background like you see in games that you can't go too.

Could be a testing of sorts for "gods" to see how they handle looking after a race of beings with slight intelligence.

Who ever is looking after us is doing a terrible job, probably the dunce of god class.

PC SYSTEM: Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 / i5 2500k @ 4.2ghz / CM Hyper 212 EVO / Gigabyte 670 OC SLI / MSI P67A-GD53 B3 / Kingston HyperX Blue 8Gb / 

WD 2tb Storage Drive / BenQ GW2750HM - ASUS VE248H - Panasonic TX-P42ST60BCorsair AX750 / Logitech K360 / Razer Naga / Plantronics Gamecom 380 /

Asus Xonar DGX / Samsung 830 256gb / MEDIA eMachine ER1401 running OpenELEC XBMC with Seagate STBV3000200 3TB Hard Drive - Panasonic TX-P42ST60B