Safest torrent software?

Mattsoup
Go to solution Solved by Chrysolite,

I have an OEM code, it won't let me

Go to bittorrent.com and look for the mac file or whatever executable you need.

I believe you are committing piracy. Is this a correct idea?

Torrent is not piracy...

Buy my yoga 2 pro!  http://linustechtips.com/main/classifieds/item/2711-lenovo-yoga-2-pro-i7-4510u-8gb-ram-4k-btc-accepted/

[spoiler=Trumps Wall

]AMD FX 8320 OC@ 4.4 GHZ GPUamd sapphire 7950RAM: 12GB CORSAIR XMS3 Psu: Corsair cx 500m CASE: Corsair 800d MOBO: Asrock 970 extreme 3 r2 Storage: 256GB mx100 SSD, 1TB WD Blue,1tb Seagate Barracuda in Raid 0, 750GB Seagate Baracude. Os Windows 7
CPU: AMD A-10 5800k RAM: 4GB DDR3 Storage:Random drives Mobo:msi SomthingCase: good question   

Well, he could, but Microsoft does not accept OEM keys, only store-bought keys.

ooo now i remember there are those oem keys and then the real windows keys(ok not exactly like that but dont worry i got it now)

Torrent is not piracy...

But it is a common source of piracy. The post before the edit was vague.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

You don't need to, you want to.

Lol wut

Buy my yoga 2 pro!  http://linustechtips.com/main/classifieds/item/2711-lenovo-yoga-2-pro-i7-4510u-8gb-ram-4k-btc-accepted/

[spoiler=Trumps Wall

]AMD FX 8320 OC@ 4.4 GHZ GPUamd sapphire 7950RAM: 12GB CORSAIR XMS3 Psu: Corsair cx 500m CASE: Corsair 800d MOBO: Asrock 970 extreme 3 r2 Storage: 256GB mx100 SSD, 1TB WD Blue,1tb Seagate Barracuda in Raid 0, 750GB Seagate Baracude. Os Windows 7
CPU: AMD A-10 5800k RAM: 4GB DDR3 Storage:Random drives Mobo:msi SomthingCase: good question   

I have an OEM code, it won't let me

scumbag microsoft. making it easier if you just illegally get the windows in the first place. 

But it is a common source of piracy. The post before the edit was vague.

Sorry. I did not notice that he had edited it. Sry.

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | ASUS X570 Crosshair VIII Dark Hero | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti SC2 HYBRID | 32GB DDR4-3600

Try uTorrent.

Fair warning now, it has Search Protect Malware bundled in the installer as an offer. Didn't notice to uncheck that the other day and it completely skullfucked my system.

its gone now and it wasnt everyone 

So? Any company that pulls that kind of crap simply can't and shouldn't be trusted, much less recommended by anyone. Just because it's gone now doesn't mean that it won't return at some point, also just because it wasn't everyone doesn't mean it's not wrong. 

Also, right now they blatantly state in their EULA, and let me quote it directly: "We may also include offers from third parties as part of the installation process for our software, which in some cases may include but is not limited to offers made through SweetLabs, Inc. (OpenCandy)."

Now let's quote Wikipedia on that:

OpenCandy is an "Adware" module designed to install on a personal computer during software installation. Produced by SweetLabs, it consists of a Microsoft Windows libraryincorporated in a Windows Installer. When a user installs an application that has bundled the OpenCandy library, an option appears to install software it recommends based on a scan of the user's system and geolocation. Both the option and offers it generates are selected by default if the user simply clicks [Next] through the installation.

OpenCandy's various undesirable side-effects include changing your homepage, desktop background or search provider, and inserting unwanted toolbars or plug-in/extension add-ons in your browser. It also collects and transmits various information about the user and his surfing habits to third parties without notification or consent.

The installer doesn't mention that it's installed, I don't want to install it to check whether they will indeed install that on my PC. Knowing them, it might install anyway. 

I FOUND THE DIGITAL RIVER BACKUP! Here it is: http://mirror.corenoc.de/digitalrivercontent.net/ I used this website for my WIndows 7 Professional disc I needed. No torrent software required.

OMG thank u - digital river  removed every trace of their older links

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

I need to download a program through torrent, but I am inherently distrustful of torrents.  What is the safest torrent?

I need an ISO for windows 7 to use with my OEM key.  My old drive died and I need to reinstall windows.  Everyone thinks I'm doing something illegal.

You can totally download the ISO from Microsoft.

Please spend as much time writing your question, as you want me to spend responding to it.  Take some time, and explain your issue, please!

Spoiler

If you need to learn how to install Windows, check here:  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/324871-guide-how-to-install-windows-the-right-way/

Event Viewer 101: https://youtu.be/GiF9N3fJbnE

OMG thank u - digital river  removed every trace of their older links

They didn't remove the links. Microsoft decided to no longer distribute Windows 7 ISOs over Digital River

P.S. If you want to download, please click on the ISOs that begin with the letters "en" (or "uk", for you Brits out there) because the other ones are different languages. 

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | ASUS X570 Crosshair VIII Dark Hero | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti SC2 HYBRID | 32GB DDR4-3600

No, you can't, because Microsoft does not let users with OEM keys download ISOs off their website. Only people with store-bought keys can do it.

As has been said a number of times in this thread… for Windows 7 Microsoft requires you to type in your product key to download it, and it does not accept OEM keys.

Stay away for utorrent pro and bittorrent pro both of them installs malware without the users knowlege.

Even after buying the "paid" version the candy malware was installed into the temp folder without my knowlege.

Never trust those two clients and go for open source one like qbittorrent.

Try uTorrent.

No.

Utorrent. 

You aren't doing anything Illegal IF YOU ALREADY HAVE A KEY. 

Oh heck no.

Kidding. But not really. uTorrent used to be good; before BitTorrent bloated it with ads, and bogged down the actual application with extra features.

If you use said features and disable the ads, then fine. uTorrent is fine. I guess.

I strongly recommend using Transmission-QT as it's the most lightweight client I've ever seen. And that's after thinking uTorrent was the most lightweight.

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | REDACTED - 50GB US + CAN Data for $34/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)