Taking a C# class, quick question.

DarkBlade2117

So I know nothing about C# or coding in general, hence why I am taking a class for it. We are using Visual Studio and need to know if it is any good?

Edited by DarkBlade2117

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

Yeah, you will probably learn how to make simple forms and stuff, which is a good thing to start off with.

Do you know anything about programming already? If so, what language(s)?

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

I do little bit of coding.

Visual Studio is the best one I came across. I mean it's the first IDE that I used.

Then I came across MonoDevelop. Didn't like it.

Immediately I went back to VS.

Intel Core i3 2100 @ 3.10GHz - Intel Stock Cooler - Zotac Geforce GT 610 2GB Synergy Edition

Intel DH61WW - Corsair® Value Select 4GBx1 DDR3 1600 MHz - Antec BP-300P PSU

WD Green 1TB - Seagate 2.5" HDD 1TB - Seagate Barracuda 500GB - Antec X1 E.

Yeah, you will probably learn how to make simple forms and stuff, which is a good thing to start off with.

Do you know anything about programming already? If so, what language(s)?

Nope, I know nothing. C# was one of the beginner coding classes for my college.

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe

What do you really mean with your question? Are you asking if the Visual Studio software is any good?  If you're looking for alternatives I don't think you're going to find a better option.

- ASUS X99 Deluxe - i7 5820k - Nvidia GTX 1080ti SLi - 4x4GB EVGA SSC 2800mhz DDR4 - Samsung SM951 500 - 2x Samsung 850 EVO 512 -

- EK Supremacy EVO CPU Block - EK FC 1080 GPU Blocks - EK XRES 100 DDC - EK Coolstream XE 360 - EK Coolstream XE 240 -

It's what I learned on. It's also similar to Java so you'd be able to transition over to Java easily once you get the hang of things, but Java is going out of style pretty soon though for the most part, since Google is making the switch to OpenJDK.

It will be a good place to start, if the teacher (or professor?) is explaining some stuff good. 

You will probably learn the basics about functions, if statements, making variables and doing stuff with those variables.

Good luck with it ! :)

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

It will be a good place to start, if the teacher (or professor?) is explaining some stuff good. 

You will probably learn the basics about functions, if statements, making variables and doing stuff with those variables.

Good luck with it ! :)

Professor though we just call him Mark, ( I had him last semester for my MicroComputer Applications class ) and it is an online class so when in doubt google is my friend or the LTT community is.

It's what I learned on. It's also similar to Java so you'd be able to transition over to Java easily once you get the hang of things, but Java is going out of style pretty soon though for the most part, since Google is making the switch to OpenJDK.

Yeah Java is going out of style, I could either take Introduction to Java or Advance Programming in C# next time I take a programming class ( Probably next springish )

We are using Visual Studio and need to know if it is any good?

To be honest, it's a bit like asking whether a computer is any good if you plan on playing video games.

It's not perfect, but it certainly helps having one if you plan on doing it.

DayZ Forum Moderator, DayZ Developer, ARMA 3: 2017 Developer, System-Admin, Gameserver-Admin, always interested to learn something new as well as new people.

Visual Studio is very good but very expensive too. I have Visual Studio but that's because where I study we get it for free (DreamSpark) for the time we are studying there. You could use CodeBlocks, it's a free open source program. It's also a bit harder to use though. So I would say stick with Visual Studio. Besides with Visual Studio you can code in other languages and create websites too.

Well VS is made my the people who created the language so as you can guess it's the best around.

Visual studio is one of the top 2 most widely used & feature rich IDEs  in the world with new features being developed by users or Microsoft (the vendor) all the time. it's a fantastic IDE to use.

As you're taking C# studies, many of the drawbacks of VS you won't hit or need at all - go for it. :c)

Visual Studio is very good but very expensive too.

That depends on whether or not your specific circumstances fit the licensing stipulations of Visual Studio Community.

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.