Need help! How do I get into BIOS?

Go to solution Solved by X1XNobleX1X,

Need some help with an OEM motherboard. Came out of a Lenovo K430 and is Z75 chipset. Inside is 16GB RAM (8GB EVGA, 12GB generic Hynix) and an i5 2320. I want to try and overclock it, just for fun, but can't seem to find the key to get into bios. The motherboard is labeled "CIZ75M" and N1996, and it says Lenovo somewhere but is otherwise pretty generic. Please help!

When you boot up press "del". Located at the bottom right of your keyboard.

Although, pretty sure you can't OC with that motherboard even that CPU isn't overclockable unless you're adjusting the BLCK. .

Need some help with an OEM motherboard. Came out of a Lenovo K430 and is Z75 chipset. Inside is 16GB RAM (8GB EVGA, 12GB generic Hynix) and an i5 2320. I want to try and overclock it, just for fun, but can't seem to find the key to get into bios. The motherboard is labeled "CIZ75M" and N1996, and it says Lenovo somewhere but is otherwise pretty generic. Please help!

it should say when you boot "press blah blah to enter bios" 

Cpu: i5 4690k @ 4.3ghz

Gpu: Asus GTX 970 Strix 

Ram: G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB

Mobo: Gigabyte Z97X Gaming 5

Psu: EVGA Supernova 750W G2

Case: NZXT Noctis 450

When you boot up press "del". Located at the bottom right of your keyboard.

Although, pretty sure you can't OC with that motherboard even that CPU isn't overclockable unless you're adjusting the BLCK. .

|CPU: Intel 5960X|MOBO:Rampage V Extreme|GPU:EVGA 980Ti SC 2 - Way SLI|RAM:G-Skill 32GB|CASE:900D|PSU:CorsairAX1200i|DISPLAY :Dell U2412M X3|SSD Intel 750 400GB, 2X Samsung 850 Pro|

Peripherals : | MOUSE : Logitech G602 | KEYBOARD: K70 RGB (Cherry MX Brown) | NAS: Synology DS1515+  - WD RED 3TB X 5|ROUTER: AC68U

Sound : | HEADPHONES: Sennheiser HD800 SPEAKERS: B&W CM9 (Front floorstanding) ,  B&W CM Center 2 (Centre) | AV RECEIVER : Denon 3806 | MY X99 BUILD LOG!

its an oem board

you can't really overclock on those

If you need remote help fixing something on your computer

I can help over Teamviewer if you wish

just msg me on my profile

if you cant do it the normal way its usually blocked. if its running windows 8 try pressing reboot in the os, and spam delete until its either in the bios or loading up windows

It is normally either the Delete or F2 key to get into the BIOS. Hold one of them down while booting. 

AFAIK, that CPU can't be overclocked, at least not by the multiplier. You may be able to adjust BCLK a little, but it's generally not advised. 

I know overclocking will be hard but its a "Z" mobo and I can change base clock. I got the PC for free so I really don't mind how well it overclocks.

Tried F2, Del, all that still couldn't get into BIOS. Well, at least I tried...

this is what i found for bios entry:

hi penguin247,

The following methods will allow you to access the BIOS on the Ideacentre K430:

1. Restart the PC and continuously tap F1 on the lenovo screen

2. For Windows 8 models, navigate to the UEFI Firmware Settings

Once you're in the BIOS, navigate to the Startup Tab > Primary Boot Sequence to change the boot order of the installed devices.

Link to picture

Link to picture

Regards

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-E-H-K-M-Q-Y-and-ErazerX/Accessing-BIOS-settings-on-a-K430/td-p/1383343