CPU stable at 4.7ghz @1.452V

@Benji_w

FIXED IT

ran is 9-10-9-27, cas latency 9, fixed tht in bios, cpu is set to cool and quiet, and turboboost is enabled, cpu is running at 1.452 V and is stable for 20 minutes so far in prime 95 at 71-80C. Ram voltage is set at auto, which i did not bother changing, as its already ~1.5v ( it was like 1.485 )

Do I need to make the cpu voltage lower?, or am I good?

Thanks

(cinebench was finished without crashing, I benched cpu and gpu, running cpu and gpu stress tests so far, cpu looks good, as its not crashing)

@Benji_w

FIXED IT

ran is 9-10-9-27, cas latency 9, fixed tht in bios, cpu is set to cool and quiet, and turboboost is enabled, cpu is running at 1.452 V and is stable for 20 minutes so far in prime 95 at 71-80C. Ram voltage is set at auto, which i did not bother changing, as its already ~1.5v ( it was like 1.485 )

Do I need to make the cpu voltage lower?, or am I good?

Thanks

(cinebench was finished without crashing, I benched cpu and gpu, running cpu and gpu stress tests so far, cpu looks good, as its not crashing)

That seems REALLY exceedingly high voltage.. On the FX9590?

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

That seems REALLY exceedingly high voltage..

You beat me to saying it xD

That seems REALLY exceedingly high voltage.. On the FX9590?

You beat me to saying it xD

yes, do i need to lower it?

Yeah... go for the lowest voltage that will work with you clock is a rule of thumb for overclocking

That voltage should be 100% fine on the 9590 unless it's overheating.

On CPUID HW Monitor, it says 2 temps, under Motherboard>temperatures>CPU it says ~75-77C

Under AMD Fx9590>Temperatures>Package tt says ~57-58C

Yeah... go for the lowest voltage that will work with you clock is a rule of thumb for overclocking

not even overclocking, was not stable at stoc for some reason

Damn son, I have a 2600K and I wouldn't trust it with that much voltage going through it. And those are voltage junkies.

Looks like waay too much. Although, 9590s do have to be well-binned 8-core parts to get there... maybe it's not as terrible an idea as we thought.

Lower it until it becomes unstable. Running a needlessly high voltage does not benefit you or the cpu.

I'm not aware on normal voltages for AMD cpu's so that may be normal...

Cpu: Ryzen 2700 @ 4.0Ghz | Motherboard: Hero VI x370 | Gpu: EVGA RTX 2080 | Cooler: Custom Water loop | Ram: 16GB Trident Z 3000MHz

PSU: RM650x + Braided cables | Case:  painted Corsair c70 | Monitor: MSI 1440p 144hz VA | Drives: 500GB 850 Evo (OS)

Laptop: 2014 Razer blade 14" Desktop: http://imgur.com/AQZh2sj , http://imgur.com/ukAXerd

Lower it until it becomes unstable. Running a needlessly high voltage does not benefit you or the cpu.

I'm not aware on normal voltages for AMD cpu's so that may be normal...

AMD voltages are somewhere around 1.42v or something, I think. I remember them being higher than Devil's Canyon, but not as high as Sandy Bridge.

not even overclocking, was not stable at stoc for some reason

So weird 

AMD voltages are somewhere around 1.42v or something, I think. I remember them being higher than Devil's Canyon, but not as high as Sandy Bridge.

So weird 

sock was 1.525 v. I think that was why it kept crashing. Moved voltage down, seems ok...

So weird 

Honestly, at the speeds that these parts are running, AMD setting a default voltage for 5GHz parts probably wasn't a great idea. They'd have to each be tuned to their individual bin. The faster you go, the more the silicon lottery matters.

Honestly, at the speeds that these parts are running, AMD setting a default voltage for 5GHz parts probably wasn't a great idea. They'd have to each be tuned to their individual bin. The faster you go, the more the silicon lottery matters.

been running prime almost an hour, seems ok, passing everything, just passed 20k

On CPUID HW Monitor, it says 2 temps, under Motherboard>temperatures>CPU it says ~75-77C

Under AMD Fx9590>Temperatures>Package tt says ~57-58C

Should be alright then.

Damn son, I have a 2600K and I wouldn't trust it with that much voltage going through it. And those are voltage junkies.

Looks like waay too much. Although, 9590s do have to be well-binned 8-core parts to get there... maybe it's not as terrible an idea as we thought.

Eh, 9590s still pump out a ton of heat, you do need a good cooler or it's going to melt. Plus almost all motherboards out there will literally catch on fire from the power draw.

Should be alright then.

Eh, 9590s still pump out a ton of heat, you do need a good cooler or it's going to melt. Plus almost all motherboards out there will literally catch on fire from the power draw.

i have a crosshair v formula-z got it because the sabertooth looks ugly.

its got like 8+2 power phase or something

Should be alright then.

You mean the video with the 970FX Krait? That thing had a 4+1 VRM, of course it was going to cook.

Anything lower than a 6+2 would probably die eventually, too. 220W going through a CPU... ridiculous.

You mean the video with the 970FX Krait? That thing had a 4+1 VRM, of course it was going to cook.

Anything lower than a 6+2 would probably die eventually, too. 220W going through a CPU... ridiculous.

crosshair v formula -z

cpu just passes 1024k on prime 95