Question to the mods

Overkilled

I know you have to moderate the forum and keep it but are you guys allowed to actually contribute to posts/discussions or do you have to watch what you say? For example ive been on for about half a hour and ive only actually seen one post from a mod and it was about the title.

Isn't it boring not really posting anything? I don't think I've ever seen a mod start a discussion that's not about the forum itself

Couldn't this just be a PM to mods?

Hello there, fellow dark theme users

"Be excellent to each other and party on dudes." - Abraham Lincoln    #wiiumasterrace

I know you have to moderate the forum and keep it but are you guys allowed to actually contribute to posts/discussions or do you have to watch what you say? For example ive been on for about half a hour and ive only actually seen one post from a mod and it was about the title.

Isn't it boring not really posting anything? I don't think I've ever seen a mod start a discussion that's not about the forum itself

They post contributive posts. You're probably in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Intel Core i7-6700K | Corsair H105 | Asus Z170I PRO GAMING | G.Skill TridentZ Series 16GB | 950 PRO 512GB M.2

Asus GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB STRIX OC | BitFenix Prodigy (Black/Red) | XFX PRO Black Edition 850W

My BuildPCPartPicker | CoC

They can post all they want

@Godlygamer23 I think he wished he hadn't..

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

oh they do post you see it all the time

moved to [----]

In the future refer to this before you post [---]

Shipping sucks

Have you seen me?

You're an exception to the rule, most mods I dont even notice are online until I scroll down and see they are.

Moderators are just like any other member. But with the fact that they also take care of reports, along with general moderation of the forum.

You're an exception to the rule, most mods I dont even notice are online until I scroll down and see they are.

What about WoodenMarker, Goodbytes and Glenwing. They're around all the time and have around 10,000 or more posts each. 

Moderators are just like any other member. But with the fact that they also take care of reports, along with general moderation of the forum.

This thread is a good example

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/520521-you-got-linus-strapped-to-a-lie-detector-you-can-ask-him-3-questions-what-would-you-ask-him-%CD%A1%C2%B0-%CD%9C%CA%96-%CD%A1%C2%B0/

From my knowledge mods don't usually contribute to the more light hearted topics

What about WoodenMarker, Goodbytes and Glenwing. They're around all the time and have around 10,000 or more posts each. 

@WoodenMarker has more posts than anyone else I've ever seen on a forum. His post count must be above 30,000 by now...

Edit: Nearly 37,000, actually. Wowie...

Why is the God of Hyperdeath SO...DARN...CUTE!?

Also, if anyone has their mind corrupted by an anthropomorphic black latex bat, please let me know. I would like to join you.

We can post all we like, but we're people too and might not have the time to post (especially in combination with moderation).

Personally, I haven't been extremely active (posting wise) lately because I've had little free time to spend on the forum, and I normally try to spend what time I have doing moderation (as it's only a thing 20-something of us can do, vs. something everyone can do).

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

Mods contribute all the time. I have had many conversations on many threads with mods.

Such as;

@Godlygamer23

@GoodBytes

@Windspeed36

Just to name a few.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

Because they're busy? I'm an admin on another forum and we spend most of our time replying to topics that normal users can't. I don't know about LTT, but we have admin only sections that are constantly active with mods and admins addressing topics to do with the servers and forums. 

Also, have a look through this thread. Plenty of mods and admins take part in light hearted threads http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/50558-techie-pickup-lines/

Goodbytes contributes all of the time, what are you talking about? Unless you just mean the mods as a whole, which I would basically reiterate what blade of grass mentioned.

Don't have much time to reply to the majority of threads anymore but I still occasionally get involved if I either see something really wrong or it's something I have fairly decent knowledge on. (Server, Windows licensing etc)

Having said that, we are very careful about what we say and we have our own code of conduct in which to follow.

I don't think I'm an exception. I think that you are just at the wrong time. Time zones may be a factor as well - I'm not saying it's like that with everyone, but we don't all live in the same time zones.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Don't have much time to reply to the majority of threads anymore but I still occasionally get involved if I either see something really wrong or it's something I have fairly decent knowledge on. (Server, Windows licensing etc)

Having said that, we are very careful about what we say and we have our own code of conduct in which to follow.

I don't think I'm an exception. I think that you are just at the wrong time. Time zones may be a factor as well - I'm not saying it's like that with everyone, but we don't all live in the same time zones.

There is a separate code of conduct for mods?

On a different note once you become a mod can you become admin or is that just for the Linus media group staff?

Some just limit themselves to posting more helpful stuff. There is no clear answer to why, or why not moderators will, or will not post in a thread. Most moderators are just your average Joe with the privilege of looking over the community.

I've been a moderator to a couple of forums myself. And I can tell you that it's not always a walk in the park. Big props to all of the moderators out there for spending much of their time taking care of this forum.

There is a separate code of conduct for mods?

On a different note once you become a mod can you become admin or is that just for the Linus media group staff?

Yeah - we've got an entirely separate one that I won't go too much into. First line though from memory is "You are not above the law".

As for admins, can't really go into that as it's not public information.

Yeah - we've got an entirely separate one that I won't go too much into. First line though from memory is "You are not above the law".

Hearing about the law just makes me think of Judge Dredd.

gbGxoL4.gif

I like to think that I am a very active member in the community.

The community has asked me to remain an active member, and continues to full express myself when I became mod, and I have.

I like to think that I am a very active member in the community.

The community has asked me to remain an active member, and continues to full express myself when I became mod, and I have.

Yet you can't be bothered to fill out your profile or make a sig..

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

Yet you can't be bothered to fill out your profile or make a sig..

I don't think those are required to be an active member of the community.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Interesting, makes me curious of what the "law" is. Its probably just the CoC but it would be funny if the law was Linus (you know the way cops say I am the law)